(Topic ID: 335709)

Is Stern's Warranty Really Only Good 2 Months?????

By Mjesposi

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 48 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 months ago by TheLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

brian-baumgartner-badumtss.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mjesposi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 1 year ago

As title states, is this really the case? Purchased and opened up a brand NIB Rush LE on Feb 4th and recently had an issue with Shaker motor starting to squeal loudly. They told me to put a drop of oil on each spindle where it goes into the housing. That did not help so I asked them if they could send me a new one and I would send this one back.

They came back with an explanation that I would have to buy a new shaker motor as it is past their 2 month warranty period. WOW!!!! You spend over $12K on a machine that includes the shaker, have bought 7 other Stern games and this is the customer service you receive for a $100 part that is obviously bad.

#4 1 year ago

Thanks for the details RCA1 - much appreciated. So frustrating that they would not take care of something like this especially when I am willing to send the one back that is not working the right way. I know people complain about customer service, but I have been one that has supported Stern in the past as they have always taken care of me. This is just so frustrating when you spend this much money and you have been loyal.

#7 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

If he bought it from a distributor he should be dealing with the distributor. I’m sure they’d be happy to ship him a new shaker motor.
    If he didn’t, not sure why you’d think it’s stern’s problem. He bought a second hand machine.
    And it’s a squeaky shaker motor. I’m sure most of us could figure out how to fix it.

Bought it from a Stern distributor but it is Stern's issue not theirs and I have always went through Stern direct for any issues. As for the fix, I am pretty good about fixing my own problems through research on Pinside, but in this instance it sounds like not as fixable as sealed system and it is not a gentle squeak - it is a loud over powering issue that you can clearly hear over the music.

#14 1 year ago

Wow a lot of hate on the distributor side. To be very fair here, I did not and have not reached out to my distributor yet as out of all the Sterns I have owned, I have only reached out to one of my distributors once. I hear the points from Paul 8788 but I have to challenge the fact that if we should only be going through distributors, then Stern should not have the ability to reach out for customer service, tech support, etc.

Stern has been great about help with the Rush LE ball lock switch and any other fixes to date that the Rush LE have experienced to date. Just frustrating that they have not supported this issue. I can and will eventually reach out to my distributor but in the end, Stern makes the item and includes the part in their LEs and should stand behind their product for more than 2 months. Sorry but a 2 month warranty is just shady.

#18 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The entire point of distributors is to deal with minor issues like this.
    Yes, we get that you are outraged that Stern won't send you a new shaker. So noted.
    But you didn't buy the game from Stern you bought it from your distributor.
    So once you get over the outrage, maybe consider bringing it up to them and see if they'll help.
    I mean...the point is to get a new shaker, right?

Understood - point here is more about the warranty period and how they will handle and fix certain issues directly but then have to execute work arounds on other items. In the end, it is $100 for a new shaker even if I end up buying my own. It's the point of the terms of their coverage.

Also, when you take a car to your "dealer / distributor" they still need to have GM, Ford, etc approve the warranty work and parts. they do not cover on their own.

#43 12 months ago

Definitely going to give this a try as it is worth a $5 flyer to see what it does.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mjesposi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-stern-s-warranty-really-only-good-2-months?tu=Mjesposi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.