(Topic ID: 261827)

Is Stern's JP Trex mech the best pinball toy ever?

By Halfwasted

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Stern JP Trex Toy da best?”

• Yes 19 votes
    10%
  • No 123 votes
    66%
  • Top 5 all time 45 votes
    24%

(187 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1960-williams-nags-pinball-machine-great-cosmetics_1_b63d3fac7ecc43013bfac69b490ebe7a (resized).jpg
1960-williams-nags-pinball-machine-great-cosmetics_1_b63d3fac7ecc43013bfac69b490ebe7a (1) (resized).jpg
turfch5 (1) (resized).jpg
turfch4 (resized).jpg
1958-williams-turf-champ-animated-horse-race_1_ccbeeda870f440dca0d9181849afe1f1 (resized).jpg
There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 4 years ago

double post

#52 4 years ago

I think the poll answered your question pretty clearly.

#53 4 years ago

I love the DW Time Expander or any cannon type toy. I haven't had a chance to play the new JP, but if it's like the Data East version, it should be cool. The MM castle was super cool, but wore out for me pretty fast.

#54 4 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

It's not even Stern's best toy and I think the safe in Soprano's is one of their best.

Yikes...

#55 4 years ago

The Trex is far from Stern's best toy and half the times the ball bricks and rolls back down instead of going in his mouth.

#56 4 years ago

There is no "best ever" but the TREX is one of them. It's awesome.

#57 4 years ago

Not unless the t-rex calls me Bucko. Rudy all day for me.

#58 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

not near as cool

If Stern could have designed the Buck as in Big Buck Hunter as a goat to stroll across the playfield and the T Rex leaning over and simulating eating him...

#59 4 years ago

It's not even in the top ten of best toys. Not even Stern's best toy.

MM has the best toy in pinball ever. It has a moat, a draw bridge that lowers and rises, a rising gate, the ball goes into the gate, and the castle shakes and falls apart. Plus it has a wall you shoot the ball into. It's an incredible toy. Not my favourite Williams, but I have to admit the toy is out of this world incredible.

For Stern, the best toy is the ship on POTC. The way it sways is fantastic. Really gives the impression of moving on water. It visually shows damage by rocking, dropping sails, and eventually falling into the playfield. I don't even like the game, but I have to play it when I see it. At least one game, just to enjoy the ship.

#60 4 years ago

(First Post!)

Surprised that nobody has mentioned the BM66 crane. Not a fan of the overall theme/game, but the crane! A loader or backhoe would be a great toy: shoot the ball into the bucket and have it driven over to a hole and dropped off. Maybe even control the movement with the flippers

Glad to have found you guys/gals. Lifetime pinball fan but not a collector. Never occurred to me until now to check out a pin forum

#61 4 years ago
Quoted from Lrrr:

but the crane! A loader or backhoe would be a great toy: shoot the ball into the bucket and have it driven over to a hole and dropped off.

Judge Dredd has a crane with a magnet that picks the balls out of the rotating planet ring one at a time and turns and drops them to start multiball.

And yes, this is a very cool feature. I'm not even going to bring it down any by calling it a toy.

#62 4 years ago
Quoted from Lrrr:

(First Post!)
Surprised that nobody has mentioned the BM66 crane. Not a fan of the overall theme/game, but the crane! A loader or backhoe would be a great toy: shoot the ball into the bucket and have it driven over to a hole and dropped off. Maybe even control the movement with the flippers
Glad to have found you guys/gals. Lifetime pinball fan but not a collector. Never occurred to me until now to check out a pin forum

Welcome!

#63 4 years ago

Everything in the shadow...

#64 4 years ago

Pop up iron monger with the magnet is always fun!

#65 4 years ago

MET hammer. It's the G.O.A.T.!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 130.00
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Manalapan, FL
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 199.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 14.95
10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-stern-s-jp-trex-mech-the-best-pinball-toy-ever/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.