(Topic ID: 330042)

Is Stern dropping support for spike1? What about spike 2 then?

By spectrum-1980s

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Deez
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 1 year ago

It is appearing as if Stern wants to drop support for spike1 games and press more on sales . What is going to happen to all our spike 2 games then?

I can't get a node board or response from Stern about 520-6935-10 and all the distributors are frustrated with Stern.

Then what will happen when spike 3 comes out?

This is speculation.

#2 1 year ago

This is what has always troubled me about the node board architecture of the Spike system. Will we all eventually have paperweights if Stern drops support for them and as the boards slowly give up their ghosts? Maybe.

#3 1 year ago

We have had one for 6 months.
    Game of thrones Le

#4 1 year ago

I'm not sure if you are all aware but there is a global semiconductor shortage currently with no end in sight. I'm sure Stern wants to sell you replacement boards for that sweet markup, but I doubt as far as priority from their suppliers amusement games are top of their list.

Stern is most likely funnelling as much supply to producing new games as possible which severely limits the secondary supply.

I doubt they will just give up on supporting this cash cow once the materials are available again.

#5 1 year ago
    Quoted from Deez:

I'm not sure if you are all aware but there is a global semiconductor shortage currently with no end in sight. I'm sure Stern wants to sell you replacement boards for that sweet markup, but I doubt as far as priority from their suppliers amusement games are top of their list.
    Stern is most likely funnelling as much supply to producing new games as possible which severely limits the secondary supply.
    I doubt they will just give up on supporting this cash cow once the materials are available again.

I hope so. I hope they understand my old equipment has to produce profit to buy new equipment though.

#6 1 year ago
    Quoted from Deez:

I really hope so as well.

#7 1 year ago
    Quoted from Deez:

Yeah last I checked you can't get most spike2 boards either...

#8 1 year ago
    Quoted from Deez:

I'm not sure if you are all aware but there is a global semiconductor shortage currently with no end in sight.

I don't know. They seem to have enough to produce tons of games. As fun as the new games are, stick with SAM. That's how you stay mostly trouble-free.

#9 1 year ago
    Quoted from usandthem:

I don't know. They seem to have enough to produce tons of games. As fun as the new games are, stick with SAM. That's how you stay mostly trouble-free.

The whole reserved for the line crap really burns my rubber.

#10 1 year ago
    Quoted from zacaj:

Yeah last I checked you can't get most spike2 boards either...

This is true but the warranty department will find a way to get you one if you need one under warranty.

#11 1 year ago

What is wrong with it? There are a select few folks that can repair these.

#12 1 year ago
    Quoted from kermit24:

What is wrong with it? There are a select few folks that can repair these.

When you flip all four flippers at the same time they drop and the node re-initializes. Flipa nay combination of three flippers and it's fine. Add any fourth flipper and they drop and node re-initializes.

#13 1 year ago

A simple acknowledgement from Stern would go a lot further than our unanswered emails

#14 1 year ago
    Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

A simple acknowledgement from Stern would go a lot further than our unanswered emails

them and CGC ....

#15 1 year ago

Here's some light reading on where we're at currently.

https://www.jabil.com/blog/global-chip-shortages.html

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-stern-dropping-support-for-spike1-what-about-spike-2-then and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.