Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 632 posts
  • 137 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Lamberger
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Unknown-1 (resized).jpeg
    who_designed-tech_support_3_laughing_man (resized).jpg
    3a5861c95871f4063a7f57a2ed97988a (resized).jpg
    7F40F8D9-EC7B-4A2F-A080-A2CD33B30BA7.jpeg
    1baish (resized).jpg
    Sternlist.png
    f25823345ceba8a48be4ea8808379243ccc40817 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    34F84C3D-C593-4F4E-B959-8568BE709D4B.gif
    blocked (resized).png
    ohhh-god-please-kill-them-all_o_4837453 (resized).jpg
    thread-derailed (resized).jpg
    4292979A-4F4E-42C1-9E7E-FE5AB2B66C91 (resized).jpeg
    images (resized).jpeg
    6FC6BA3F-3A40-4940-B1CF-14F3FCE7E83A (resized).png
    D228CF42-B3CB-4464-A009-2B3912615AE9 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zpinman370.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 3 years ago

Sounds like a Zach Attack - can't trust these Zach guys

#57 3 years ago
    Quoted from Cobray:

Well, why not create 5+ of your own accounts and post 5-star reviews yourself? If it's all fake bullshit then who cares? It's not that hard to do.
    We all know that YELP is, for the most part, bullshit. I can't recall how many bad/horrid restaurants I went to with 5-star ratings until I realized the reviews were fake.

Hey if you want trumped up reviews, and everthing, as Cary said is "rainbows and lollipops" just tune into the main Stern shill on The Pinball Show - buy,buy, buy

#70 3 years ago
    Quoted from soren:

Sterns concern is leaked images and videos, guys. That is the core. Not reviews of now fully released games.
    I feel it is highly likely that the alledged action against an individual as layout out here, if so happened, is rooted in set individual previously publishing leaked images.
    Leaked stuff is not a joke for Stern. Causing them to not be able to run their release schedule and promotion plans as the want to. And possibly violating business agreements.

You are correct, however before any company starts down the path that some have, they really need to look internally at their own marketing/sales team. Start by buttoning up any info that you don't want out in public until launch. In Stern's case they really do need a good PR guy, as the ones they have now seem to be sorely lacking.

#80 3 years ago
    Quoted from porkcarrot:

I haven't been following this closely, but is there any proof that Stern or someone at Stern was involved in any of this? Or is this just pure speculation?

Who cares its all good conspiracy theory stuff and may even be plausible knowing what happened to Kaneda. You know, shut up the masses, and send in the shills or is that the clowns - Buy, Buy, Buy

#89 3 years ago
    Quoted from porkcarrot:

But we also have no real facts on what went down with Kaneda right? We only have the story he told, and I think it is fair to say he might not be entirely reliable.
    I just don't see how any of this gets tied to Stern seeking vengeance for people talking bad about them. There is talk that they are going after people who are leaking their marketing material (which seems totally justified to me), but do we even have proof of that?

Well you know it's just the cloak and dagger business of pinball Who needs proof when you can have rumor and innuendo

#101 3 years ago
    Quoted from porkcarrot:

Sure, and Stern has the right to try to stop them from doing it.
    My point is that there is no reason for people to leak the images, other than the fact that they are probably assholes.

Leaking images is one thing but in this particular case, with Cary, as he explains it, looks like they (likely being Stern or who knows) got to the location and put the clamps on the whole thing. This is a machine that is no longer under wraps and is now fair game for comment both good and bad. The whole thing reeks of the evil empire fighting to snuff out the resistance.

#118 3 years ago
    Quoted from majicman110:

How does Carey Hardy praising games but saying that $600 topper is a scam (i don't even know if he ever actually said that. I just assume he did because he has a brain) malicious?
    Stern came out with a cash grab product, and everyone recognized it.

Yes everyone but the Stern sycophants and shills - Buy, Buy, Buy

#201 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballer67:

Shall this be The Last Podcaster left standing?!
    I swear, sometimes listening to some of these remaining podcasters approximates the act of slowly being force-fed excrement. Listen to them critically. An insult to our collective intelligence.
    A true member of the Army! A real mensch...a man of sensitivity and a true master of repartee and criticism - not driven by blind, obliterating ambition as he stomps on us with his muddy BUY! boots and gleefully notices that he is the only one left at the party who hasn't been pulled aside and "handled".
    Warning: VERY adult content! CHASE your children from the room!

You must be speaking of the main shill at The Pinball Show - BUY, BUY, BUY

#222 3 years ago
    Quoted from jawjaw:

Right there you claimed Stern toppers are a scam and Stern rips off their customers. Sounds malicious to me. Obviously you have some pretty strong opinions on Stern that go beyond one topper.
    Leaks can be extremely damaging. It doesn't matter what you think is stupid or not. Let's say someone leaks Sterns next game early. The game is still in development and fans get upset at what they see. The game changes during development but doesn't matter, many have already written the game off and bought a competitor's game. Competitors can also use leak information for their advantage. If JJP knew exactly when Stern was going to announce their next game, they could announce their game before to steal thunder.

You guys all forget that Stern is THE major player. JJP is lucky to do 1 game a year, same as Spooky (who btw has the best marketing) American who does 1 title, & CGC who is 1 title every 2 years and then some by the time the game actually ships.

The point is they are the top dog and have really nothing to worry about from the others stealing market share. The caveat to this is IF they continue to be a bully and nobody likes bullies OR they continue to produce low quality games. Nobody disputes that their pins aren't a ton of fun and for most operators they really don't care as its just a revenue stream and the casual player has no clue. The HUO market is another story with the expectation we all have for something we are putting in our homes.

Where Stern needs to look, is in the mirror, and do their own due diligence, shut down the leaks and or build the hype. Maybe they should hire Kaneda - can you imagine

#243 3 years ago

Maybe Cary IS the new Kaneda - just look at how fast this thread has developed and how many posts

#252 3 years ago

Whats wrong with bashing?? I let the GF bash mine every chance we get and it always ends up with a happy ending

#280 3 years ago
    Quoted from Monte:

Kaneda & Hardy, Fight the power!
    [quoted image]

Tooooo Funnnnny!!!

#288 3 years ago
    Quoted from BillySastard:

TIL who Cary Hardy is. I've seen the name a few times and always thought people were talking about a chick.

Yea but he's our chick

#349 3 years ago
    Quoted from billyboy:

After watching this all unfold, a great marketing idea would have been to use Kaneda and Cary.
    Rather than wage war against an influencer, you hire them and have guys like this help launch your games without anyone knowing. The leaks could have been purposeful and calculated to build hype. Unfortunately, it didn't work that way.
    I run a mid size company and could only dream of this scenario. It doesn't work in my industry, but done right, this was the perfect platform for some ingenious marketing tactics and strategies. Too bad...

Stern already has hired guns - Jack Danger and the shill on The Pinball Show.

Thing is, they are never going to give an honest review like a Kaneda or Cary are willing to throw out there. You know the $600 topper that is a buy, buy, buy We need the Ying to the over the top Yang that you get from the sycophants to balance things out.

Look at how Kaneda helped build the hype train for the new JJP Guns N Roses before he got skewered. Now that was clever on JJP's part to give him a taste unlike what Stern is purportedly doing.

In the end we are all grown kids on here and need to make our own choices on what we purchase!!

#362 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:biggest supporters
    Jesus H, Do any of u realize just how small this industry is. Man get over urselves. As for this ridiculous comment above, so you want nothing but great games every time? try fantasy land. Maybe there they will have that perfect company. I'll say it again the op's need there own section on this site. Mindset is way different than the casual or even serious collector.

You are 100% correct the OP's have a totally different mindset- its a business for them, so if a game has a small flaw or blemish they really don't give a shit. Rightfully so as long as the $$ goes in who cares.

What you have most of on Pinside is, the HUO market that are not using these as a revenue stream. Thus, the wanting and expecting more from their hard earned money they plunk down on these adult toys.

Stern is a good company that puts out some great games and some turds, but without them we wouldn't have the variety we do enjoy now, of this there is no question.

The question is, and has been from the start of the thread the way they run the marketing and sales side of the operation, that as some have intimated, is overly heavy handed. It could be that those people are just in the position via connection and who they know vs what they are really qualified for. Being in over their collective heads, it could be the only way they know how to handle things like this. Isn't nepotism great

BTW - Let me throw in a Buy, Buy, Buy for my buddy at The Pinball Show

#378 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Interesting.
    I actually meant the opposite, at least for me I usually see the op's being the ones with the most vitriol for issues with games. I don't care about it because I never really encounter these issues due to the fact that by 500 plays I'm usually done with the game hence nothing breaks, never had a node board issue, nothing, well I shouldn't say that I have some minor issues, but when something does go its not affecting me outside of a nuisance or a very temporary halt in the action. That tends to be with older used pins but a few things with NIB's as well. Now I'm aware this will incite many of u to list how things have broke after only a very few games and that sucks but so far in my experience that's part of pinball.

The guy i know that has games on location is really only concerned with the coin in and doesn't care about all the clear-coat and play field issues we all hear about on Pinside.

If the game doesn't function that's a different issue, but I have played some of his games that didn't work 100% had broken plastics etc that would drive the HUO only guys like most of us Pinside crazy.

I do expect that the games I buy are 100% and I have stayed away from the newer Stern's no matter how fun they are as they just look like a minefield after a few hundred plays. The older Stern's say from Met back for the most part had much better play field.

#390 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballer67:

Don't believe he'll send it, zpin! I ordered and paid for a SDTM shirt, waited a year. Was told several times over the year it would be "coming".
    It never came.
    Greg was nice and offered to give me back my money, I said just keep the money.

Quoted from ZMeny:

I was referring to sending zpin a flip n out shirt. I have nothing to do with the sdtm shirts, that’s Greg’s baby, but our apologizes on that.

I can't be lured to the dark side with swag Besides I am 6'-5" and 300 lbs I doubt they have a T my size

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zpinman370.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-stern-blacklisting-people?tu=zpinman370 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.