Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 632 posts
  • 137 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Lamberger
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Unknown-1 (resized).jpeg
    who_designed-tech_support_3_laughing_man (resized).jpg
    3a5861c95871f4063a7f57a2ed97988a (resized).jpg
    7F40F8D9-EC7B-4A2F-A080-A2CD33B30BA7.jpeg
    1baish (resized).jpg
    Sternlist.png
    f25823345ceba8a48be4ea8808379243ccc40817 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    34F84C3D-C593-4F4E-B959-8568BE709D4B.gif
    blocked (resized).png
    ohhh-god-please-kill-them-all_o_4837453 (resized).jpg
    thread-derailed (resized).jpg
    4292979A-4F4E-42C1-9E7E-FE5AB2B66C91 (resized).jpeg
    images (resized).jpeg
    6FC6BA3F-3A40-4940-B1CF-14F3FCE7E83A (resized).png
    D228CF42-B3CB-4464-A009-2B3912615AE9 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tranquilize.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#253 3 years ago

It's clear that Stern is taking an aggressive stance against internet criticism, which is always a losing bet.

That, on top of the Zak conflict of interests and selective ifpa (Stern) decisions, is pushing people away from the supposed lifestyle brand, not bringing them in. To me, they are leveraging their market share and could pay in the end.

Even a lot of the old Stern fanboys are coming around. I just upvoted Who-Dey FFS. If Hazoff gets on side, Stern is in real trouble!

#379 3 years ago
    Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

They are using influencers. Cary Hardy just isn’t one of them. Deadflip, SDTM, Bowen, all these guys get the treatment y’all are talking about because they aren’t toxic.

Lol. You don't get to decide who is or isn't an influencer and neither does Stern. Cary is a content creator and influencer in the small media group covering pinball. You can dislike it, but you don't get to choose how media and culture evolves.

The interweb and YouTube have changed the way companies need to interact with media. Stern should reach out to Cary. "Hey, saw your video about stranger things. We have new code coming that we think you'll be excited about. We hope you'll give the game another chance. Also, would you be interested in joining our Stern media Insider group? We'll be sending out early info for content creators like yourself."

This EARNS positivity, even in the form of slightly softer critical reviews. Pretty simple... Cary would likely say something like, "as much as I love Stern, I'm not so sure about the bang for buck on this topper."

Leaks are never going to stop with their current model, and aiming for absolute secrecy in this age is just stupid. Leaks are working at least as well as their "kids drink beer and play a new game" releases. Compare this to the music industry, where it is a real problem.

#402 3 years ago
    Quoted from metallik:

Stern already has their man. They don't need more, and they don't owe Carey anything except a C&D if he crosses the line again.
    Where did this sense of entitlement come from, that if some "influencer" sets up a youtube channel they should automatically become product spokesmen for whatever they're blabbing about? Stern should be forced to work with any clown with a mic and a camera "just because?" Yea I don't think so and neither does Stern. Cave in to one and suddenly you'll get a dozen more. Hell, look at the proliferation of youtube crap in just the last couple years..

Yes, yes, same argument, but you seem to have missed the point. Companies no longer get to choose "their man." Stern has every right to lag in ignorance, but it will hurt sales. Joining the 21st century and working with Indy producers is simply good business. No one is saying they should reach out to every little troll either: Cary clearly puts a lot of time and effort into his media, and he tries to be unbiased. I've only seen a few of his vids, and compared to other pinball media, especially Stern's, his stuff is pretty good.

#445 3 years ago

I don't see why Stern even cares. Their releases look like amateur hour and the leaks definitely don't hurt sales. They should focus on good relations with pinball media and fans, ditch the stupid lifestyle brand idea (it's cringe-worthy), and get their fucking QC under control!

#467 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

They aren't doing it "blindly" and I think for the most part things have gotten better. I'm a big fan of DP, JP2, Maiden, BKSOR, TMNT is looking great. If an individual can't tolerate the short comings then time to move on I guess, I mean if I was fed up with Stern I wouldn't buy it anymore and I certainly would blame others for continuing to purchases pins. No one can say there are blind or unaware of the issues at this point, they don't care and are having fun.

Nothing wrong with not caring and nothing wrong with caring. The only issue is people bitching at the opposite club. I think everyone wants Stern to succeed.

#483 3 years ago
    Quoted from Manimal:

I didnt go through every page, but I wonder how many times the word "Stern" is printed in this thread? Think about it.

It's a topic about Stern.... What's to think about?

#516 3 years ago
    Quoted from skink91:

My understanding is that young folk won’t touch Facebook with a ten-foot pole.

Yep, Hazoff is clearly out of touch. FB is 30+ or older. But still, over 70% of the first world is on social media in some capacity, so to not even know what it is is pretty funny.

1 week later
    #578 3 years ago
    Quoted from Lamberger:

Another possible order option... ordering a game with a hardtop like product that you can change. Solves all issues. I would buy that! But like I said, it would kill the new playfield market/ parts market. And the games would last forever. A solution they don't want

You would be the minority. Most pinheads realize that playfields wear and easily live with it. That's not too say that playfields of late haven't been garbage, but including a protector, and protectors in general, are 1000% silly and lame. I would never buy a machine with one, and if anyone interested in one of my machines inquired if it had one, I'd politely say, "sorry Bob, this machine isn't for you. Go nitpick someplace else."

#613 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

I’ve found that people who talk about how much money they make or spend is always full of shit. And it’s LOSE not loose for gods sake!

Oh, the irony!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tranquilize.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-stern-blacklisting-people?tu=tranquilize and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.