Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 632 posts
  • 137 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Lamberger
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Unknown-1 (resized).jpeg
    who_designed-tech_support_3_laughing_man (resized).jpg
    3a5861c95871f4063a7f57a2ed97988a (resized).jpg
    7F40F8D9-EC7B-4A2F-A080-A2CD33B30BA7.jpeg
    1baish (resized).jpg
    Sternlist.png
    f25823345ceba8a48be4ea8808379243ccc40817 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    34F84C3D-C593-4F4E-B959-8568BE709D4B.gif
    blocked (resized).png
    ohhh-god-please-kill-them-all_o_4837453 (resized).jpg
    thread-derailed (resized).jpg
    4292979A-4F4E-42C1-9E7E-FE5AB2B66C91 (resized).jpeg
    images (resized).jpeg
    6FC6BA3F-3A40-4940-B1CF-14F3FCE7E83A (resized).png
    D228CF42-B3CB-4464-A009-2B3912615AE9 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ifpapinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#163 3 years ago
    Quoted from soren:

This is absurd! Sorry to ask, but was this the explaination? And given by Stern directly. I thought Stern Army was for supportive locations. Regardless of competition activity. Let alone IFPA activity. Maybe Zach Sharpe is wearing one to many hats at the same time these days.

I pitched the Stern Army concept to Stern years before Zach started working there. It was a rip-off off our BBH Game Warden program that we have at Raw Thrills.

The campaign was created to benefit both Stern and the IFPA, hence the requirement for Stern Army activity to be in partnership with IFPA activity. It's also the reason our organization logo is part of the Stern Army logo.

Usually it's me sending the emails regarding Stern Army requirements so feel free to blame me on this one.

E415CEA5-0627-43C6-B5B9-492BA23AB952 (resized).jpegE415CEA5-0627-43C6-B5B9-492BA23AB952 (resized).jpeg
    #168 3 years ago
    Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Thanks for clearing that up.
    Never ‚actively’ seen that small IFPA Logo as well.
    Still can understand that other locations would at least like to be listed when Stern posts all the „new game premiere“ parties.
    Or is this unrelated and allready possible?

Zach goes out of his way to help locations organize "unofficial" launch parties that fall outside of Stern Army locations (prizes, trophies if he has extras, etc).

As for "official" launch parties those are reserved for official Stern Army locations only. All outward facing marketing materials are of course Stern Army centric as that's part of the motivation to get new locations signed up.

Edit: Zach goes out of his way to help non-Stern Army locations AFTER he's finished blacklisting people for the day ... Just thought that was worth clarifying

#174 3 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

they’ve never asked me to confirm IFPA status and always helps me with prizes

Confirming IFPA status is part of my responsibility. Zach and Roper send me a list once a month to verify. You’re an easy one to verify

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ifpapinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-stern-blacklisting-people?tu=ifpapinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.