Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 632 posts
  • 137 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Lamberger
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Unknown-1 (resized).jpeg
    who_designed-tech_support_3_laughing_man (resized).jpg
    3a5861c95871f4063a7f57a2ed97988a (resized).jpg
    7F40F8D9-EC7B-4A2F-A080-A2CD33B30BA7.jpeg
    1baish (resized).jpg
    Sternlist.png
    f25823345ceba8a48be4ea8808379243ccc40817 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    34F84C3D-C593-4F4E-B959-8568BE709D4B.gif
    blocked (resized).png
    ohhh-god-please-kill-them-all_o_4837453 (resized).jpg
    thread-derailed (resized).jpg
    4292979A-4F4E-42C1-9E7E-FE5AB2B66C91 (resized).jpeg
    images (resized).jpeg
    6FC6BA3F-3A40-4940-B1CF-14F3FCE7E83A (resized).png
    D228CF42-B3CB-4464-A009-2B3912615AE9 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hazoff.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#74 3 years ago

If all this is true then I still don't care. Man u guys need to get ur priorities in check. Its a game, an expensive toy for us old farts. New game comes out and u like it, buy it. Is it gonna be perfect, nope. Other than that who gives a shit.

#76 3 years ago
    Quoted from Crile1:

Stern will never change unless sales drop.

Change from what?
    have u played Maiden and JP2 or Deadpool. All great games and TMNT looks quite amazing. What needs to change?

#359 3 years ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

But get your shit together Stern. The leaks, the mediocre games in between the great games, and the thin skin when it comes to dealing with valid criticism from your biggest supporters.

biggest supporters

Jesus H, Do any of u realize just how small this industry is. Man get over urselves. As for this ridiculous comment above, so you want nothing but great games every time? try fantasy land. Maybe there they will have that perfect company. I'll say it again the op's need there own section on this site. Mindset is way different than the casual or even serious collector.

#375 3 years ago
    Quoted from zpinman370:

You are 100% correct the OP's have a totally different mindset- its a business for them, so if a game has a small flaw or blemish they really don't give a shit. Rightfully so as long as the $$ goes in who cares.

What you have most of on Pinside is, the HUO market that are not using these as a revenue stream. Thus, the wanting and expecting more from their hard earned money they plunk down on these adult toys.

Interesting.
    I actually meant the opposite, at least for me I usually see the op's being the ones with the most vitriol for issues with games. I don't care about it because I never really encounter these issues due to the fact that by 500 plays I'm usually done with the game hence nothing breaks, never had a node board issue, nothing, well I shouldn't say that I have some minor issues, but when something does go its not affecting me outside of a nuisance or a very temporary halt in the action. That tends to be with older used pins but a few things with NIB's as well. Now I'm aware this will incite many of u to list how things have broke after only a very few games and that sucks but so far in my experience that's part of pinball.

#376 3 years ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

I don’t see how anyone gets to the mindset of “I shouldn’t demand every product to be excellent” unless they’ve just been beaten into submission.

What?
    That's called being real, I don't demand it because I know its impossible. We all have r good days and bad days. Also how could know what my "excellent" is, you can't anymore than I could know ur definition. Look at how we all differ on what pins are great and which ones suck. My mindset is simply that I will buy the games I like regardless of who makes them. That applies to everything. Yeah I'd like every pin to be a masterpiece but like I said in that post. "fantasy land"

#396 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:I’m gonna have to disregard this and order a Black Knight SOR.

Smart move. Get the pro. Its an amazing game.

#421 3 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

To some here, Stern can do no wrong or "not enough" to get them to stop buying games. I get the idea Stern could remove the flippers from the PF and some people here would still give them a pass and install new flippers on Stern's behalf. Stern could release a whitewood PF, and some people here would install a vinyl PF overlay.

Well that just foolish sir.
    Its not that Stern can do no wrong they do plenty wrong as do all of the manufacturers whether it being sales or marketing or the BQ or theme, but we all have different tolerance levels. Haven't u ever sold a pin and been flabbergasted that's right "flabbergasted" by the nit picking of potential buyers. Yeah I didn't like the chipping on my JP2 but I treated the area to stop it from getting out of control and it didn't affect game play at all, then I recently sold it with no issue. I experience this in the music world as well. Some guy has an expensive guitar usually worth much more than his ability would garner but u can't touch it and hes wants perfection and his amp is custom this with this and other crap. U could knock over my bass or guitar and it could chip or get dirty and as long as it plays I don't care. you know. Ah too long I don't care anymore. Never blame other people for buying from a company because u feel its impacting ur ideal of what they should produce. Good day to u sir, I said good day.

#464 3 years ago
    Quoted from zpinman370:

The guy i know that has games on location is really only concerned with the coin in and doesn't care about all the clear-coat and play field issues we all hear about on Pinside.

Sounds like a real genius.

#465 3 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

Until this community stops blindly throwing money at Stern, nothing is going to change. Actually, I take that back - things will change but not for the better.

They aren't doing it "blindly" and I think for the most part things have gotten better. I'm a big fan of DP, JP2, Maiden, BKSOR, TMNT is looking great. If an individual can't tolerate the short comings then time to move on I guess, I mean if I was fed up with Stern I wouldn't buy it anymore and I certainly would blame others for continuing to purchases pins. No one can say there are blind or unaware of the issues at this point, they don't care and are having fun.

#513 3 years ago
    Quoted from Neal_W:Stern blocks/bans/backlists FB users.

Good.
    Who the hell is actually commenting on Sterns facebook page? I've never even visited it before.
    Then again I can't understand how anyone even goes on that ridiculous site, I mean with the exception of young folk and people who can generate money from it what is the point, to advertise ur life? no one really cares.

#521 3 years ago
    Quoted from Tranquilize:

Yep, Hazoff is clearly out of touch.

When it comes to social media? Yes sir, and staying that way. What r 30 year old's doing on that site exactly? On second thought I don't want to know.

#544 3 years ago
    Quoted from Lamberger:

pull the playfield, recoat it and add extra glue on the inserts because they plan to keep it forever.

Maybe for routed games but Jesus what r u guys doing with ur pins? "keep it forever" famous last words.

#548 3 years ago
    Quoted from Lamberger:

Have you read the forums regarding HUO Stern playfield issues?

Yeah kinda. I never had any real issues and even if I did it wouldn't stop from buying another Stern. If I was routing my games there's no way I wouldn't be putting Sterns out there. Whatever.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hazoff.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-stern-blacklisting-people?tu=hazoff and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.