Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 632 posts
  • 137 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Lamberger
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Unknown-1 (resized).jpeg
    who_designed-tech_support_3_laughing_man (resized).jpg
    3a5861c95871f4063a7f57a2ed97988a (resized).jpg
    7F40F8D9-EC7B-4A2F-A080-A2CD33B30BA7.jpeg
    1baish (resized).jpg
    Sternlist.png
    f25823345ceba8a48be4ea8808379243ccc40817 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    34F84C3D-C593-4F4E-B959-8568BE709D4B.gif
    blocked (resized).png
    ohhh-god-please-kill-them-all_o_4837453 (resized).jpg
    thread-derailed (resized).jpg
    4292979A-4F4E-42C1-9E7E-FE5AB2B66C91 (resized).jpeg
    images (resized).jpeg
    6FC6BA3F-3A40-4940-B1CF-14F3FCE7E83A (resized).png
    D228CF42-B3CB-4464-A009-2B3912615AE9 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bumper.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#372 3 years ago

Which website stopped including the Cary Hardy streams?

1 week later
    #551 3 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’ve closely inspected a STH pro playfield against my LE and the pro the clear was noticeably thinner and could feel the inserts. LE?. Like glass. Couldn’t feel inserts.
    Intentional? No idea. Just my experience.

Just coincidence, if there would be any difference, be assured that Stern would advertise this in their table as why you would have to pay more for an LE.

It is not in their interest to fix their playfield dimpling, they rather sell you a replacement playfield or just a new game. Sorry to say, I respect his designs but Steve Richie is straight out lying that all machines dimple, I have old machines from the 80s and 90s without the dimpling that you will see on a new Stern. And no, it will not even out to a smooth surface over time, that is BS.

I just blacklist Stern and will tell anybody who wants to know. I also will point out that every Ghostbusters and Game of Thrones on location I have seen has ghosting at the inserts, and just the cheapness/stingyness of it all, no cabinet reinforcement, crappy speakers, cheap toys, one single large standup target instead of three, rusty balls, coil stops that need to be replaced after 100 games, etc... etc...

#559 3 years ago

Blackmailing public news outlets into removing negative reviews and blocking sources, and contacting someones employer because information or art is leaked is inexcusable.

Stern is completely to blame themselves for leaks, and threatening someones livelihood because of your own mistakes is just rotten.

No matter what you think of for example Kaneda, he did shine a light on product and business issues which resulted in many fixes and helped customers.

#577 3 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

We don't live forever. Who cares? Play the games and have fun!
    If you are anal about your pf put a rubber on it.
    I hope to live long enough to play just one of my games down to the bare wood. It'll never happen. The playing part! Lol

This typical Stern, this is planned obsolesce, the solution exists, the customer wants to pay for it but only because of corporate greed it is not being done.

If you don't care about the next generation, the environment, about what is best for the consumer but only about yourself, you are just like Stern.

A hardtop is sold for $315, if Stern would use those, the playfield does not need to be screenprinted, clearcoated and dry. Most likely a hardtop would even be cheaper than screenprinting for Stern but they won't do it or only for LE's and charge a few $1000 extra.

#608 3 years ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

The thread was about how Stern deals with leaks and negative feedback. But whatever. That topic was beat into submission by the acolytes.

Yes, Stern has a whole army of those...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bumper.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-stern-blacklisting-people?tu=bumper and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.