Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 632 posts
  • 137 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Lamberger
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Unknown-1 (resized).jpeg
    who_designed-tech_support_3_laughing_man (resized).jpg
    3a5861c95871f4063a7f57a2ed97988a (resized).jpg
    7F40F8D9-EC7B-4A2F-A080-A2CD33B30BA7.jpeg
    1baish (resized).jpg
    Sternlist.png
    f25823345ceba8a48be4ea8808379243ccc40817 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    34F84C3D-C593-4F4E-B959-8568BE709D4B.gif
    blocked (resized).png
    ohhh-god-please-kill-them-all_o_4837453 (resized).jpg
    thread-derailed (resized).jpg
    4292979A-4F4E-42C1-9E7E-FE5AB2B66C91 (resized).jpeg
    images (resized).jpeg
    6FC6BA3F-3A40-4940-B1CF-14F3FCE7E83A (resized).png
    D228CF42-B3CB-4464-A009-2B3912615AE9 (resized).jpeg

There are 632 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 13.
    #351 3 years ago

So I watched a few of Cary's videos including the last two about being shunned. I will say this, he is doing a fine job of feeding into this narrative that Stern doesn't like him because he doesn't shill for them and he talked bad about some of their stuff so they are going to shut him down. This narrative of course completely ignores the fact that maybe Stern doesn't want places associated with them working with him because he is leaking their content and causing them problems. Maybe it really is that simple. When someone is actively hurting your business through their actions (not just their reviews) then it is totally reasonable to not want to be associated with that person. Honest reviews are one thing, harming a business is another.

And that has been my ultimate point here, many people are assuming this is happening because they are "telling it like it is" while not considering these things are happening because they are doing things they shouldn't be doing.

#352 3 years ago
    Quoted from porkcarrot:

The problem is Stern is a large, investor backed company. And it is very likely they don't want to be associated with a person like Kaneda. And it seems like Cary hasn't been acting in a way that would make Stern want to work with him either.

The other problem is that people quickly see through the shilling and "influencer" crap... trying stunts like this tends to backfire.

The best way to gain sales is to simply make great games (which Stern is mostly doing) built with quality parts (a seemingly neverending struggle) and to treat your customers well (I've bought a half-dozen Sterns and they've stood behind every one and replaced bad parts). Stern is doing pretty well; they don't need Chris's or Carey's to survive. Hell, they got that Jack Danger guy anyway, why would they need more?

Quoted from zpinman370:

Thing is, they are never going to give an honest review like a Kaneda or Cary are willing to throw out there. You know the $600 topper that is a buy, buy, buy We need the Ying to the over the top Yang that you get from the sycophants to balance things out.

I don't know about you, but I don't need a talking head on youtube to figure out that topper was not for me. Do you really think people are unable to make up their own minds? Also, that topper was the bees knees for a lot of other folks; they don't need "influencers" helping them to decide what they like.

#353 3 years ago

Can you two just get a room already. I guess I should have said threesome slcPunk2113 would probably feel left out.

#354 3 years ago

I still can’t believe how many people want to take the side that is against someone providing their criticism of a game.

He wasn’t disrespecting the location or saying anything at all about it (Does he even mention where he plays? I’m sure one could figure it out)

All he did was talk about how he didn’t like that game. And honestly, saying Stranger Things isn’t among Stern’s recent best isn’t even that hot of a take.

Maybe some people play that particular game less at that particular location. But really how many people who watch Cary and will go to this location?

Maybe it’ll affect other locations with the same game. That could be more detrimental. Of course the kind of people who watch Cary probably want to play every new title regardless and simply enjoy talking about and evaluating games 24/7.

And really, Cary is arguably doing a service to operators by letting them know that a game like Stranger Things has issues out of the box and that hardcore pin heads might have a very cool reception to it.

Cary making videos calling out Stern’s afterthought UV kit and extremely expensive for what you get JP topper is simply being a consumer watchdog.

Hell Cary does more than most of you to get more and new people engaged with this hobby.

Some think it’s people like Cary that cause Stranger Things to sell poorly. I can’t argue with that because it’s simply not grounded in reality with how much pull someone like Cary has on a company that sells around 12,000+ units a year. (As an aside it is amusing Stern is including a random chance to win bunch of free swag to goose Stranger Things sales)

I do feel bad for someone like Zombie Yeti when his hard work doesn’t get shown off in the best way in a leak. It’s a less than stellar first impression to some of the most ardent pinball fans. But I stand by saying that what Cary does should be consider fair use in discussing newsworthy topics in this hobby.

I do sympathize with Stern for wanting to show off their products in the best light, to not have to deal with constant trolling and negativity, to not look foolish in front of their business partners, and for trying to find the best way to deliver value to the consumer and profit to their private equity vampiric overlords

But get your shit together Stern. The leaks, the mediocre games in between the great games, and the thin skin when it comes to dealing with valid criticism from your biggest supporters.

Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk

#355 3 years ago
    Quoted from zpinman370:

Stern already has hired guns - Jack Danger and the shill on The Pinball Show.
    Thing is, they are never going to give an honest review like a Kaneda or Cary are willing to throw out there. You know the $600 topper that is a buy, buy, buy We need the Ying to the over the top Yang that you get from the sycophants to balance things out.
    Look at how Kaneda helped build the hype train for the new JJP Guns N Roses before he got skewered. Now that was clever on JJP's part to give him a taste unlike what Stern is purportedly doing.
    In the end we are all grown kids on here and need to make our own choices on what we purchase!!

You use my tag line more than myself. We need to get you a tshirt! What size are ya zpin?

#356 3 years ago
    Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

They are using influencers. Cary Hardy just isn’t one of them. Deadflip, SDTM, Bowen, all these guys get the treatment y’all are talking about because they aren’t toxic.

They really aren't. Deadflip is a paid Stern employee, SDTM is run by one of Stern's biggest Distributors. They get special treatment because they directly profit for selling and shilling these machines. You think Cary and Kaneda have enough pull to bomb Stranger Things? The game bombed because it wasn't good, the Quality Control was garbage and the UV kit was sold as a add on. The reason the hobby doesn't grow is because Stern and these companies are just circling the shallow pond of the existing pinball community.

#357 3 years ago

I'll take 1 Kaneda or Cary type over 1 million shill 'influencer' whores any day. Caveat: but nothing beats the Pinball News/Magazine podcast for hard objective pinball facts Those are the guys who should get the awards IMO. Analogous to BBC News - it may not be the most exciting, but it's generally the most reliable.

#358 3 years ago

Thought I would touch base on this thread. Are you guys kidding me? There is no valid reason this should have gone on like this. I was honestly hoping that the latest video would put things to rest, but as per usual there are people that hear what they want to hear and some honestly don't pay attention at all. Hell, I even slowed the video and audio down at the beginning where I specify that there are no FACTS.

The reason I don't lie is because I don't want to have to remember. So when I see people saying that 'I stated' I was black listed from Pinside - I would honestly like to see when I said that - because I didn't. I have already stated that everything with the website in question has been resolved and was an oversight. The 'issue' with not being able to record - literally all that restriction did was not give me the ability to have B roll throughout the video where I talk about how I enjoyed playing the game. Meaning you had to stare at the talking head with a mic more often then I'm pretty sure a majority of you would care to. The beginning of my latest video was to also show that at one point I did feel there was a conspiracy a foot (granted with only two points of data to go on). When one of those data points was resolved then all I was left with was "Stern, PROBABLY doesn't want me recording because of what I might say about their product that could potentially harm the location AND them. I get it. I understood the issue and I have moved on. It is what it is.

I have thick skin and can take the hits (one of the reasons I was brought into SDTM), but I'm not a fan of blatant lying. Can we wrap this thread up and go about our day - nothing more to see here people.

By the way, DON'T FORGET TO SMASH THAT LIKE BUTTON!!!!

#359 3 years ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

But get your shit together Stern. The leaks, the mediocre games in between the great games, and the thin skin when it comes to dealing with valid criticism from your biggest supporters.

biggest supporters

Jesus H, Do any of u realize just how small this industry is. Man get over urselves. As for this ridiculous comment above, so you want nothing but great games every time? try fantasy land. Maybe there they will have that perfect company. I'll say it again the op's need there own section on this site. Mindset is way different than the casual or even serious collector.

#360 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mrawesome44:

They really aren't. Deadflip is a paid Stern employee, SDTM is run by one of Stern's biggest Distributors.

Wow, Zach has accomplished a lot in that year. You should tell him, I guess he didn't notice.

How many employees does he have again?

#361 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

biggest supporters
    Jesus H, Do any of u realize just how small this industry is. Man get over urselves. As for this ridiculous comment above, so you want nothing but great games every time? try fantasy land. Maybe there they will have that perfect company. I'll say it again the op's need there own section on this site. Mindset is way different than the casual or even serious collector.

I don’t see how anyone gets to the mindset of “I shouldn’t demand every product to be excellent” unless they’ve just been beaten into submission.

#362 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:biggest supporters

You are 100% correct the OP's have a totally different mindset- its a business for them, so if a game has a small flaw or blemish they really don't give a shit. Rightfully so as long as the $$ goes in who cares.

What you have most of on Pinside is, the HUO market that are not using these as a revenue stream. Thus, the wanting and expecting more from their hard earned money they plunk down on these adult toys.

Stern is a good company that puts out some great games and some turds, but without them we wouldn't have the variety we do enjoy now, of this there is no question.

The question is, and has been from the start of the thread the way they run the marketing and sales side of the operation, that as some have intimated, is overly heavy handed. It could be that those people are just in the position via connection and who they know vs what they are really qualified for. Being in over their collective heads, it could be the only way they know how to handle things like this. Isn't nepotism great

BTW - Let me throw in a Buy, Buy, Buy for my buddy at The Pinball Show

#363 3 years ago
    Quoted from cooked71:

Honestly, are they so thin skinned? Grow some balls Stern.

(edit)

#364 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

biggest supporters

6FC6BA3F-3A40-4940-B1CF-14F3FCE7E83A (resized).png6FC6BA3F-3A40-4940-B1CF-14F3FCE7E83A (resized).png
    So the new rumor is a Fantasy pin? I would like to try it. Tattoo rings bell; “Ze plane! Ze plane!” That would be awesome.
    Oh wait - That was Fantasy Island. Nevermind...

And yes, I DO expect great games from Stern every time, especially when they cost $7.5-$10K a title. Sheesh.

#365 3 years ago
    Quoted from metallik:

I don't know about you, but I don't need a talking head on youtube to figure out that topper was not for me.

Funniest thing to me about the whole "influencer" shtick is when he'll reply to a thread not with a comment, but with a youtube link to himself speaking a comment. Seems like a waste of both his time and mine, just type it. As soon as I figured out what the deal was, I stopped clicking on them.

I'm sure there's something to be said about the mindset of a person driven to record himself talking and enticing people to watch it, but I'll leave that to the armchair psychologists.

#366 3 years ago
    Quoted from alienpoker:

[quoted image]
    So the new rumor is a Fantasy pin? I would like to try it. Tattoo rings bell; “Ze plane! Ze plane!” That would be awesome.
    Oh wait - That was Fantasy Island. Nevermind...
    And yes, I DO expect great games from Stern every time, especially when they cost $7.5-$10K a title. Sheesh.

Off topic but did you see that mess of a movie? it was awful. I was a fan of FI but OMG it was trash.

#367 3 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Funniest thing to me about the whole "influencer" shtick is when he'll reply to a thread not with a comment, but with a youtube link to himself speaking a comment. Seems like a waste of both his time and mine, just type it. As soon as I figured out what the deal was, I stopped clicking on them.
    I'm sure there's something to be said about the mindset of a person driven to record himself talking and enticing people to watch it, but I'll leave that to the armchair psychologists.

This thread I am sure has done more for his Youtube channel than anything could. I watched two Cary vids on his Youtube channel my self I found the man a fool

#368 3 years ago

As others have said, it may have been the location, and not Stern that asked Cary not to record per the second video. As much as this sucks I can understand the location not wanting to risk losing the support of Stern for launch parties, game pricing, etc.

While Kaneda's criticism may have often seemed extreme I thought Cary's criticism towards games always seemed constructive. It's disappointing if a location and or Stern can't accept any criticism.

#369 3 years ago

Change our minds Stern.

#370 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheCapn:

The beginning of my latest video was to also show that at one point I did feel there was a conspiracy a foot (granted with only two points of data to go on). When one of those data points was resolved then all I was left with was "Stern, PROBABLY doesn't want me recording because of what I might say about their product that could potentially harm the location AND them.

So, I've read over 350 posts here, with many people passionately raging against Stern, partially because of this person's rambling video which lists two allegations, one which has apparently now been "resolved." So one data point of paranoia has been disproved. If I understand the remaining allegation correctly, it involves this person being denied filming a review of a TMNT pinball machine on someone else's property. That business also owns a Stranger Things pinball machine in which this person was allowed to previously film a review, which was negative.

Why would the pinball manufacturer have to waste their time getting involved in this? It seems much more likely that the business owner didn't appreciate his property being used in a negative way. Also, both of the Stranger Things critique videos I watched were off the mark IMHO. I didn't like having to buy the UV kit after the fact, but Stranger Things is a fun pinball machine, which I currently own and it has been played more than my other 9 games combined over the past four months. Perhaps I'm biased for liking the game, but that's beside the point. In any case, I don't see a conspiracy here.

As far as the "K" guy goes and whatever happened to him, he was kicked off this site long ago for a long string of bad behavior, so he has no credibility. It doesn't surprise me at all that he ran into more trouble elsewhere. Now back to our regularly scheduled programming of Pitchforks and Torches.

#371 3 years ago
    images (resized).jpegimages (resized).jpeg
    #372 3 years ago

Which website stopped including the Cary Hardy streams?

#373 3 years ago

the location was pinstack, all four of their locations are exclusively stern, and their maintenance is lacking.

disclaimer: nothing in this post or thread is true.

#374 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballs:

Caveat: but nothing beats the Pinball News/Magazine podcast for hard objective pinball facts Those are the guys who should get the awards IMO. Analogous to BBC News - it may not be the most exciting, but it's generally the most reliable.

But, what if objective news is not entertaining enough...

Well said. Also Ayob talked about leaks on the podcast. But said, that he will only publish photos from the official source. Of course.

Also, there is another leg to objective and solidly supported facts. And that is that the receiving end is evaluating the source of information. Is is supported from other sources. Does the source have an agenda for providing information. Healthy skepticism.

There has been heated debate here the past couple of weeks. Based on sole information from people about being prohibited from talking about pinball. I am not saying it is incorrect. But it is information put forward by wronged people only.

#375 3 years ago
    Quoted from zpinman370:

You are 100% correct the OP's have a totally different mindset- its a business for them, so if a game has a small flaw or blemish they really don't give a shit. Rightfully so as long as the $$ goes in who cares.

What you have most of on Pinside is, the HUO market that are not using these as a revenue stream. Thus, the wanting and expecting more from their hard earned money they plunk down on these adult toys.

Interesting.
    I actually meant the opposite, at least for me I usually see the op's being the ones with the most vitriol for issues with games. I don't care about it because I never really encounter these issues due to the fact that by 500 plays I'm usually done with the game hence nothing breaks, never had a node board issue, nothing, well I shouldn't say that I have some minor issues, but when something does go its not affecting me outside of a nuisance or a very temporary halt in the action. That tends to be with older used pins but a few things with NIB's as well. Now I'm aware this will incite many of u to list how things have broke after only a very few games and that sucks but so far in my experience that's part of pinball.

#376 3 years ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

I don’t see how anyone gets to the mindset of “I shouldn’t demand every product to be excellent” unless they’ve just been beaten into submission.

What?
    That's called being real, I don't demand it because I know its impossible. We all have r good days and bad days. Also how could know what my "excellent" is, you can't anymore than I could know ur definition. Look at how we all differ on what pins are great and which ones suck. My mindset is simply that I will buy the games I like regardless of who makes them. That applies to everything. Yeah I'd like every pin to be a masterpiece but like I said in that post. "fantasy land"

#377 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

What?
    That's called being real, I don't demand it because I know its impossible. We all have r good days and bad days. Also how could know what my "excellent" is, you can't anymore than I could know ur definition. Look at how we all differ on what pins are great and which ones suck. My mindset is simply that I will buy the games I like regardless of who makes them. That applies to everything. Yeah I'd like every pin to be a masterpiece but like I said in that post. "fantasy land"

Of coarse we all want every pin to be fantastic but it just isn't realistic for many reasons of which the most important is the one (IMHO) you just outlined, we all have different taste and thank god we do or it could get very boring very fast!

#378 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Interesting.
    I actually meant the opposite, at least for me I usually see the op's being the ones with the most vitriol for issues with games. I don't care about it because I never really encounter these issues due to the fact that by 500 plays I'm usually done with the game hence nothing breaks, never had a node board issue, nothing, well I shouldn't say that I have some minor issues, but when something does go its not affecting me outside of a nuisance or a very temporary halt in the action. That tends to be with older used pins but a few things with NIB's as well. Now I'm aware this will incite many of u to list how things have broke after only a very few games and that sucks but so far in my experience that's part of pinball.

The guy i know that has games on location is really only concerned with the coin in and doesn't care about all the clear-coat and play field issues we all hear about on Pinside.

If the game doesn't function that's a different issue, but I have played some of his games that didn't work 100% had broken plastics etc that would drive the HUO only guys like most of us Pinside crazy.

I do expect that the games I buy are 100% and I have stayed away from the newer Stern's no matter how fun they are as they just look like a minefield after a few hundred plays. The older Stern's say from Met back for the most part had much better play field.

#379 3 years ago
    Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

They are using influencers. Cary Hardy just isn’t one of them. Deadflip, SDTM, Bowen, all these guys get the treatment y’all are talking about because they aren’t toxic.

Lol. You don't get to decide who is or isn't an influencer and neither does Stern. Cary is a content creator and influencer in the small media group covering pinball. You can dislike it, but you don't get to choose how media and culture evolves.

The interweb and YouTube have changed the way companies need to interact with media. Stern should reach out to Cary. "Hey, saw your video about stranger things. We have new code coming that we think you'll be excited about. We hope you'll give the game another chance. Also, would you be interested in joining our Stern media Insider group? We'll be sending out early info for content creators like yourself."

This EARNS positivity, even in the form of slightly softer critical reviews. Pretty simple... Cary would likely say something like, "as much as I love Stern, I'm not so sure about the bang for buck on this topper."

Leaks are never going to stop with their current model, and aiming for absolute secrecy in this age is just stupid. Leaks are working at least as well as their "kids drink beer and play a new game" releases. Compare this to the music industry, where it is a real problem.

#380 3 years ago
    Quoted from metallik:

The best way to gain sales is to simply make great games (which Stern is mostly doing) built with quality parts (a seemingly neverending struggle) and to treat your customers well (I've bought a half-dozen Sterns and they've stood behind every one and replaced bad parts).

#381 3 years ago

simply put, yes.

jurassic park is a great example.

#382 3 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

You use my tag line more than myself. We need to get you a tshirt! What size are ya zpin?

Don't believe he'll send it, zpin! I ordered and paid for a SDTM shirt, waited a year. Was told several times over the year it would be "coming".

It never came.

Greg was nice and offered to give me back my money, I said just keep the money.

#383 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballer67:

Don't believe he'll send it, zpin! I ordered and paid for a SDTM shirt, waited a year. Was told several times over the year it would be "coming".
    It never came.

That kind of talk is catnip to those that can’t get over Zach’s endless hustle

(No offense to Zach. Go earn easy money selling new in box games and HUO trade ins)

#384 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballer67:

It never came.

I was referring to sending zpin a flip n out shirt. I have nothing to do with the sdtm shirts, that’s Greg’s baby, but our apologizes on that.

#385 3 years ago
    Quoted from Tranquilize:

The interweb and YouTube have changed the way companies need to interact with media. Stern should reach out to Cary. "Hey, saw your video about stranger things. We have new code coming that we think you'll be excited about. We hope you'll give the game another chance. Also, would you be interested in joining our Stern media Insider group? We'll be sending out early info for content creators like yourself."

Stern already has their man. They don't need more, and they don't owe Carey anything except a C&D if he crosses the line again.

Where did this sense of entitlement come from, that if some "influencer" sets up a youtube channel they should automatically become product spokesmen for whatever they're blabbing about? Stern should be forced to work with any clown with a mic and a camera "just because?" Yea I don't think so and neither does Stern. Cave in to one and suddenly you'll get a dozen more. Hell, look at the proliferation of youtube crap in just the last couple years..

#386 3 years ago

I’ve been touting gottlieb premier for over a year now and nobody has approached me yet to be the official content provider for them. Horse shit.

#387 3 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’ve been touting gottlieb premier for over a year now and nobody has approached me yet to be the official content provider for them. Horse shit.

Have you made a YouTube video yet? That’ll put the fear of god into Gottlieb.

#388 3 years ago
    Quoted from metallik:

Stern already has their man. They don't need more, and they don't owe Carey anything except a C&D if he crosses the line again.
    Where did this sense of entitlement come from, that if some "influencer" sets up a youtube channel they should automatically become product spokesmen for whatever they're blabbing about? Stern should be forced to work with any clown with a mic and a camera "just because?" Yea I don't think so and neither does Stern. Cave in to one and suddenly you'll get a dozen more. Hell, look at the proliferation of youtube crap in just the last couple years..

Damn dude, you are a stubborn one. We get it, we got it days ago. Take a breath before you give yourself a stroke.

#389 3 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Have you made a YouTube video yet? That’ll put the fear of god into Gottlieb.

Dude I have an extensive tutorial for diamond lady, Genesis and Monte Carlo out there. Pure hype. Crickets.

#390 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballer67:

It never came.

Quoted from ZMeny:

I was referring to sending zpin a flip n out shirt. I have nothing to do with the sdtm shirts, that’s Greg’s baby, but our apologizes on that.

I can't be lured to the dark side with swag Besides I am 6'-5" and 300 lbs I doubt they have a T my size

#391 3 years ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

That kind of talk is catnip to those that can’t get over Zach’s endless hustle
    (No offense to Zach. Go earn easy money selling new in box games and HUO trade ins)

I love catnip, makes me crazy!

I don't like hustle...just endless naps on the couch

#392 3 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Dude I have an extensive tutorial for diamond lady, Genesis and Monte Carlo out there. Pure hype. Crickets.

You're just a Shatz-er!

#393 3 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

I feel your pain, Linsey and I have been talking up Classic Bally and Stern games for the past year and we haven't heard anything either. When does all of the big internet money start rolling in? I want in on that.... Next you'll be telling me that hyping up EM games is a waste of time too. I guess we are in the wrong business.

#394 3 years ago

I was considering selling my Scared Stiff til I read all of this. Man, B/W for life.

Eight pages of talkie-talk, and here it is: Stern aint changing a DAMN thing until you people STOP buying new games.

Simple as that. NOTHING is changing - QC, internet tactics, social media influences - NOTHING - until this community locks down.

And that shit sure as fuck ain't happening anytime soon based on the TMNT threads, JJP circle-jerks and R&M selling out a year in advance.

I look at all of this and wonder who is more to blame: the drugee (this community needing its fix) or the dealer (Stern).

#395 3 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

I was considering selling my Scared Stiff til I read all of this. Man, B/W for life.
    Eight pages of talkie-talk, and here it is: Stern aint changing a DAMN thing until you people STOP buying new games.
    Simple as that. NOTHING is changing - QC, internet tactics, social media influences - NOTHING - until this community locks down.
    And that shit sure as fuck ain't happening anytime soon based on the TMNT threads, JJP circle-jerks and R&M selling out a year in advance.
    I look at all of this and wonder who is more to blame: the drugee (this community needing its fix) or the dealer (Stern).

If only this were in podcast or YouTube hot take form maybe it would help change some attitudes but I’m sorry it’s just a lowly pinside post I’m gonna have to disregard this and order a Black Knight SOR.

#396 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:I’m gonna have to disregard this and order a Black Knight SOR.

Smart move. Get the pro. Its an amazing game.

#397 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Smart move. Get the pro. Its an amazing game.

It rules!!!!

God bless Stern for continuing to crank out these top level machines one after another.

It’s almost as if they’ve been at this for decades!

#398 3 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

Yea but here's the problem: SS is a pretty fun game, I used to own it. Sold it because I was bored with it. If it were still here it'd be gathering dust, just like my TZ, AFM, DH, etc. To me, JP2 and Iron Maiden completely blow Scared Stiff and just about every other B/W out of the water when it comes to gameplay. Elwin's games are more interesting and challenging than even the best B/W games.

So, I could own games that are reliable but I've played to death and would barely touch, or I can take a chance with these Sterns and have games that I actually play regularly. I'm still extremely leery of the entire Spike systems, but will risk their failure to enjoy Keith's new games. You can stick with B/W, but you're missing out on some very entertaining pinball...

#399 3 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

I was considering selling my Scared Stiff

Ugh. You own this? I’d rather watch paint dry. Haha. You’re better than this Jeremiah! Step it up to a good game!

#400 3 years ago
    Quoted from metallik:

To me, JP2 and Iron Maiden completely blow Scared Stiff and just about every other B/W out of the water when it comes to gameplay. Elwin's games are more interesting and challenging than even the best B/W games.

Preach! Already have money set aside for KME3.

There are 632 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-stern-blacklisting-people/page/8?hl=pokerjake and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.