Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 632 posts
  • 137 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Lamberger
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Unknown-1 (resized).jpeg
    who_designed-tech_support_3_laughing_man (resized).jpg
    3a5861c95871f4063a7f57a2ed97988a (resized).jpg
    7F40F8D9-EC7B-4A2F-A080-A2CD33B30BA7.jpeg
    1baish (resized).jpg
    Sternlist.png
    f25823345ceba8a48be4ea8808379243ccc40817 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    34F84C3D-C593-4F4E-B959-8568BE709D4B.gif
    blocked (resized).png
    ohhh-god-please-kill-them-all_o_4837453 (resized).jpg
    thread-derailed (resized).jpg
    4292979A-4F4E-42C1-9E7E-FE5AB2B66C91 (resized).jpeg
    images (resized).jpeg
    6FC6BA3F-3A40-4940-B1CF-14F3FCE7E83A (resized).png
    D228CF42-B3CB-4464-A009-2B3912615AE9 (resized).jpeg

There are 632 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 13.
    #151 3 years ago
    Quoted from holminone:

So if you are Stern, trying to expand the pinball universe beyond this eclectic community, do you risk having die hard pinhead culture pollute your message with opinions that tend toward negative and/or spotlight things that a neutral observer would never notice on their own accord?

Good point, but I counter that Stern sales only keep going up by leaps and bounds. The negative opinions certainly aren’t hurting too much. Prospective buyers aren’t going to immediately stumble upon the Kaneda’s of the hobby.

And really some of the threads on pinside documenting poor quality control should scare them more than some guys saying they didn’t have much fun playing the game.

#152 3 years ago

One last point and them I'm giving it a rest. I have worked really hard trying to build pinball and buy machines and keep them working 100% and continue to operate at a loss since I dump every last cent into buying new games.
    I stopped going to IFPA events due to the types of people it attracted. I just didn't want those types that punch the glass, throw tantrums and generally abuse the equipment to be around. I think they just drive people away. I know they did for me.
    I figured I could serve that subset of people that wanted to have fun.
    I was pretty butt hurt over the whole situation because I thought we had a good thing going and it took the wind out of my sails. It's like loving a girl that doesn't love you back.
    It is what it is and I'm over it. I still love Stern games regardless and will continue to support the brand since I don't have much of a choice but if a real competetior ever came out I have no loyalty at this point.

#154 3 years ago

Their customer service is no secret

BLOCK (resized).pngBLOCK (resized).png

#155 3 years ago
    Quoted from Deez:

The issue is that Stern is missing a segment of the fan base that doesn't enjoy playing with hyper competitive players. I wouldn't call playing pinball for fun bootleg. Isn't that the whole point of the game? To have fun?

You can’t have fun without having a launch party or being a private in the Stern Army?

You don’t need stern’s approval to have a “launch party.” Yeah you may not get a few translites but nobody really wants those anyway.

I have a Star Wars one I’ll be happy to send you for your next launch party.

#156 3 years ago
    Quoted from Deez:

It's like loving a girl that doesn't love you back.

Except it’s not like that at all. More like the girl wants you to dress up for the prom and you are throwing a hissy fit... on ‘principle’.

#157 3 years ago
    Quoted from skink91:

I didn’t even think anti-IFPA was a thing anymore.

I don't think it is a thing, just that some people want to hold tournaments without dealing with the extra legwork.

#158 3 years ago
    Quoted from skink91:

Except it’s not like that at all. More like the girl wants you to dress up for the prom and you are throwing a hissy fit... on ‘principle’.

Or she wants me to give her money for hanging out when I've already bought her dinner. Sorry if I've offended you. I'll try and tone down my language in the future.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You can’t have fun without having a launch party or being a private in the Stern Army?
    You don’t need stern’s approval to have a “launch party.” Yeah you may not get a few translites but nobody really wants those anyway.
    I have a Star Wars one I’ll be happy to send you for your next launch party.

I really appreciate it. Probably won't be doing any events in the near future due to covid but I'll keep you in mind when we get back to normal.

#159 3 years ago
    Quoted from Deez:

Sorry if I've offended you. I'll try and tone down my language in the future.

Ermm... if you don’t mind me saying, it sounds like some competition in your life may not be a bad idea?

#160 3 years ago
    Quoted from skink91:

Ermm... if you don’t mind me saying, it sounds like some competition in your life may not be a bad idea?

Lol that could be it.

#161 3 years ago
    Quoted from holminone:

Counterpoint. Not condoning or even defending what they are doing... but I'm going to make an anecdotal observation. It seems to me, most pinheads slam / go negative in the narrative no? Huge expecations, followed invariably by disappointment with LOTS of raging commentary. Of course there will be lovers of any game who will sing its praises, but for the most part, I get the impression that a disproporationate amount of commentary outside of actual game owners tends towards the negative...
    So if you are Stern, trying to expand the pinball universe beyond this eclectic community, do you risk having die hard pinhead culture pollute your message with opinions that tend toward negative and/or spotlight things that a neutral observer would never notice on their own accord?

So, if I look at the Pinside Top 100 no recent titles will be in the top 10 right? Pinside hates Stern, right?

#162 3 years ago
    Quoted from Waxx:

So, if I look at the Pinside Top 100 no recent titles will be in the top 10 right? Pinside hates Stern, right?

Stranger Things is only ranked #46 , wich clearly is soley Cary Hardys fault!!!

#163 3 years ago
    Quoted from soren:

This is absurd! Sorry to ask, but was this the explaination? And given by Stern directly. I thought Stern Army was for supportive locations. Regardless of competition activity. Let alone IFPA activity. Maybe Zach Sharpe is wearing one to many hats at the same time these days.

I pitched the Stern Army concept to Stern years before Zach started working there. It was a rip-off off our BBH Game Warden program that we have at Raw Thrills.

The campaign was created to benefit both Stern and the IFPA, hence the requirement for Stern Army activity to be in partnership with IFPA activity. It's also the reason our organization logo is part of the Stern Army logo.

Usually it's me sending the emails regarding Stern Army requirements so feel free to blame me on this one.

E415CEA5-0627-43C6-B5B9-492BA23AB952 (resized).jpegE415CEA5-0627-43C6-B5B9-492BA23AB952 (resized).jpeg
    #164 3 years ago
    Quoted from ifpapinball:

I pitched the Stern Army concept to Stern years before Zach started working there. It was a rip-off off our BBH Game Warden program that we have at Raw Thrills.
    The campaign was created to benefit both Stern and the IFPA, hence the requirement for Stern Army activity to be in partnership with IFPA activity. It's also the reason our organization logo is part of the Stern Army logo.
    Usually it's me sending the emails regarding Stern Army requirements so feel free to blame me on this one.[quoted image]

Thanks for clearing that up.

Never ‚actively’ seen that small IFPA Logo as well.

Still can understand that other locations would at least like to be listed when Stern posts all the „new game premiere“ parties.
    Or is this unrelated and allready possible?

#165 3 years ago
    Quoted from Deez:

One last point and them I'm giving it a rest. I have worked really hard trying to build pinball and buy machines and keep them working 100% and continue to operate at a loss since I dump every last cent into buying new games.
    I stopped going to IFPA events due to the types of people it attracted. I just didn't want those types that punch the glass, throw tantrums and generally abuse the equipment to be around. I think they just drive people away. I know they did for me.
    I figured I could serve that subset of people that wanted to have fun.
    I was pretty butt hurt over the whole situation because I thought we had a good thing going and it took the wind out of my sails. It's like loving a girl that doesn't love you back.
    It is what it is and I'm over it. I still love Stern games regardless and will continue to support the brand since I don't have much of a choice but if a real competetior ever came out I have no loyalty at this point.

There is no money in pinball.

#166 3 years ago
    Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I don't assume that I'm being intentionally lied to.
    And again, while I notarially certify that you're the most bitter person on the interwebz, you're usually right.
    But it's funny how you yourself are "bittering" all over the place, but yet always seem to run to Sterns defense if someone else is.
    (While the gist is still right, as always, but your attitude changes. )

Didn’t mean to piss in your sauerkraut...but this seems really unfair! The masses are seeing black ops from stern and I’m the “bitter” one?

Come on Pal I’m happy as a fuckin’ clam compared to this grumpy ass lot!

Bitter must mean something else in Germany. I had Bitterballen in Belgium and it was vile!

#167 3 years ago
    Quoted from jj44114:

There is no money in pinball.

Except quarters

#168 3 years ago
    Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Thanks for clearing that up.
    Never ‚actively’ seen that small IFPA Logo as well.
    Still can understand that other locations would at least like to be listed when Stern posts all the „new game premiere“ parties.
    Or is this unrelated and allready possible?

Zach goes out of his way to help locations organize "unofficial" launch parties that fall outside of Stern Army locations (prizes, trophies if he has extras, etc).

As for "official" launch parties those are reserved for official Stern Army locations only. All outward facing marketing materials are of course Stern Army centric as that's part of the motivation to get new locations signed up.

Edit: Zach goes out of his way to help non-Stern Army locations AFTER he's finished blacklisting people for the day ... Just thought that was worth clarifying

#169 3 years ago

Speaking of blacklisted, only one hour until I can post in that "Rednecks" thread again. Can't wait lol.

#170 3 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Speaking of blacklisted, only one hour until I can post in that "Rednecks" thread again. Can't wait lol.

It’s been quite over there. I think they are all cooking up their next batch of moonshine!

#171 3 years ago

Somehow everyone is quick to say "well, Stern has to just deal with real life, them's the breaks" when things leak, but nobody says to these leakers "well, you got caught, that's life, deal with the consequences". Copyright strikes exist for this kind of stuff, it's routine for Facebook, not some secret police shit. You post this stuff you gotta know it might happen.

You can't complain that Stern is fucking up these podcasts' business and not also acknowledge that the podcasts are fucking up Stern's business too. These leaks aren't good marketing, they're not buzz builders, they're flies in the ointment. The only real buzz being built is for the podcast brands, y'all were gonna post and talk about the official pics the moment they dropped if there weren't leaks.

Seems to me fair is fair, let the dice fall as they will, let both sides do what they're gonna do. Everyone understands how it works by now.

Everyone just loves leaks, so they want to defend them. I get it, it's all fun to us. I got TMNT stuff leaked to me too. I didn't blast it onto the internet, I just shared with a couple friends quietly, got my little insider thrill, and didn't piss in the Cheerios. I figure the people at Stern worked hard and deserve to at least show off their game on their terms, why not?

#172 3 years ago
    Quoted from Waxx:

Are you talking about his video titled "So, I Played Stranger Things Pinball and I'm Done" because that's his video where he talks about the problems with the build quality and design? He had definitely played it before voicing his opinion on the various issues he experienced.

It was the one before it, where he shat all over it based off the preview vid that Stern releases.

#173 3 years ago
    Quoted from Deez:

This frustration is real, and not easy to deal with. But your don’t have to tolerate it either. Develop a code of conduct and stick to it. It will drive the assholes away instead of the good eggs.

But going non IFPA seems to have done the trick for you as well. If stern isn’t willing to help (they’ve never asked me to confirm IFPA status and always helps me with prizes), get with all the other pinball companies. They are all great for supporting pinball events.

#174 3 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

they’ve never asked me to confirm IFPA status and always helps me with prizes

Confirming IFPA status is part of my responsibility. Zach and Roper send me a list once a month to verify. You’re an easy one to verify

#175 3 years ago

It started with Munsters. Negative feedback not easily resolved affected Sales. Stranger Things suffered from negative scrutiny as well.
    Continuing discontent with crazing play fields is a constant source for irritation. But the one thing that I think took it over the top was negative publicity over the Topper. Almost unanimous.
    It seems the conspiracy began a little after the launch, must have pissed off "Important People".

#176 3 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Somehow everyone is quick to say "well, Stern has to just deal with real life, them's the breaks" when things leak, but nobody says to these leakers "well, you got caught, that's life, deal with the consequences". Copyright strikes exist for this kind of stuff, it's routine for Facebook, not some secret police shit. You post this stuff you gotta know it might happen.
    You can't complain that Stern is fucking up these podcasts' business and not also acknowledge that the podcasts are fucking up Stern's business too. These leaks aren't good marketing, they're not buzz builders, they're flies in the ointment. The only real buzz being built is for the podcast brands, y'all were gonna post and talk about the official pics the moment they dropped if there weren't leaks.
    Seems to me fair is fair, let the dice fall as they will, let both sides do what they're gonna do. Everyone understands how it works by now.
    Everyone just loves leaks, so they want to defend them. I get it, it's all fun to us. I got TMNT stuff leaked to me too. I didn't blast it onto the internet, I just shared with a couple friends quietly, got my little insider thrill, and didn't piss in the Cheerios. I figure the people at Stern worked hard and deserve to at least show off their game on their terms, why not?

Companies leak things on purpose all the time. The economics of leaks hurting/benefiting a marketing strategy are 50-50 at best. It’s literally irrelevant for Stern yet they look like morons for acting so negatively towards the community. It’s 2020, anything you do or say will be used against you, stern is stupid for acting this way as evidenced by the overall reaction of this thread. It’s bad management, pretty simple.

#177 3 years ago

Remember Gary Stern trying to tell people to stop taking photos and video of Stranger Things at CES?

Gary, you'll never stop it. Learn how to go with it and use it to your advantage.

#178 3 years ago
    Quoted from nicoy3k:

Companies leak things on purpose all the time.

If that's part of their marketing strategy they're not actually leaks. I know for a fact it wasn't like that for TMNT, so it's neither here nor there.

Stern can't go to Facebook and say "this podcast is full of meanies who criticized our product, ban them". They have no standing. Facebook don't care that you did an episode on playfield dimples and topper DLC.

They can however go to Facebook and say hit them with a copyright strike for posting internal images that weren't released. That's basic stuff, simple to prove. So if the podcasts want to protect their precious Facebook pages they know what the risks are.

The rules are all clear. You want to not get strikes, don't post leaks. Sit on them until release and use that time to think about what you want to say, like normal journalists who get early access in return for respecting an embargo do.

You want to get free swag then support the IFPA, you don't want to support them then skip the free shit. Again, basic rules. IFPA and Stern scratch each other's backs, they both benefit, you can get in on that or not.

I haven't bought a Stern game in years, and I'm not carrying water for them, it's just about being responsible for your own actions.

I used to do early code testing for Stern, until they saw me post something critical about them on Pinside once, and cut me off. Why wouldn't they? I wasn't mad, I said what I said and shit happens. They banned me from their factory because I took a gig with Heighway and was a competitor. Again, their right, so what. They asked me stop doing translites with trademarks from their licenses on them. Their right, I didn't throw a fit, I was playing in their sandbox.

Just be an adult about the decisions you make, and how it affects you.

#179 3 years ago

Stern is responsible for their marketing and product launch. Trying to stop the internet once it is out there is fucking laughable. They want to try and sail a boat full of holes you blame the captain when it sinks not the water.

#180 3 years ago
    Quoted from Deez:

I stopped going to IFPA events due to the types of people it attracted. I just didn't want those types that punch the glass, throw tantrums and generally abuse the equipment to be around. I think they just drive people away

As an organiser, you need to have a word to the people who are doing that, and tell them that’s not the behaviour you expect at your events.

Have the chat - then give them the tip that future behaviour like that will not be tolerated.

At the end of the day, if you don’t tell the people what you expect, they don’t know. Set up some guidelines, and then a quiet word in private usually sorts things out.

rd

#181 3 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

If that's part of their marketing strategy they're not actually leaks. I know for a fact it wasn't like that for TMNT, so it's neither here nor there.
    Stern can't go to Facebook and say "this podcast is full of meanies who criticized our product, ban them". They have no standing. Facebook don't care that you did an episode on playfield dimples and topper DLC.
    They can however go to Facebook and say hit them with a copyright strike for posting internal images that weren't released. That's basic stuff, simple to prove. So if the podcasts want to protect their precious Facebook pages they know what the risks are.
    The rules are all clear. You want to not get strikes, don't post leaks. Sit on them until release and use that time to think about what you want to say, like normal journalists who get early access in return for respecting an embargo do.
    You want to get free swag then support the IFPA, you don't want to support them then skip the free shit. Again, basic rules. IFPA and Stern scratch each other's backs, they both benefit, you can get in on that or not.
    I haven't bought a Stern game in years, and I'm not carrying water for them, it's just about being responsible for your own actions.
    I used to do early code testing for Stern, until they saw me post something critical about them on Pinside once, and cut me off. Why wouldn't they? I wasn't mad, I said what I said and shit happens. They banned me from their factory because I took a gig with Heighway and was a competitor. Again, their right, so what. They asked me stop doing translites with trademarks from their licenses on them. Their right, I didn't throw a fit, I was playing in their sandbox.
    Just be an adult about the decisions you make, and how it affects you.

I getcha, I agree that they can do this, I just think it’s short sighted to do so

#182 3 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

Stern is responsible for their marketing and product launch. Trying to stop the internet once it is out there is fucking laughable. They want to try and sail a boat full of holes you blame the captain when it sinks not the water.

Okay, but you're responsible for what you post on Facebook too.

Why is it fine to say that Stern should just live with the real world consequences of their own actions, but the podcasters shouldn't have to? They knew they were posting leaked stuff to build clout, they're not innocent bystanders.

Complaining that people are getting copyright strikes by posting leaked copyrighted images seems just as laughable. Be adults and recognize actions have consequences.

I'd be pissed if someone leaked my launch stuff too, I can't make Stern out to be the bad guys for taking shots over it. Should they revise their media release stuff to catch the people instead of just letting everyone download off the same server so it's impossible to track? Sure, probably. But to use the boat analogy if they're taking on water they might as well patch over the biggest holes.

#183 3 years ago

Leaks and bullshit podcast talk and "controversy" is great in a tiny niche hobby like Pinball. I argue that such a culture of discussion and debate is necessary to promote such a tiny specialized hobby.

The leaks were great for promoting releases from a certain company.

A loose cannon like Kaneda was great for promoting releases from a certain company.

Whether his commentary was good or bad, Cary Hardy was great for promoting releases from a certain company.

Ain't no such thing as bad publicity. Fuckin' wake up, boys.

The tighter a certain company squeezes everybody's balls, the less interested - collectively - the pinball community becomes.

In the end, who really does give a fuck? Pinball is a toy and we all love it, but it's costing us all a fortune (even the rich dudes amongst us).

At a certain critical mass tipping point of these shitty little companies force feeding the pinball community who we can - and can't - listen to (and I include a certain company here because in the grand scheme of things they're a fairly small workforce with fairly small sales figures)...we tap out and lose interest.

#184 3 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Okay, but you're responsible for what you post on Facebook too.
    Why is it fine to say that Stern should just live with the real world consequences of their own actions, but the podcasters shouldn't have to? They knew they were posting leaked stuff to build clout, they're not innocent bystanders.
    Complaining that people are getting copyright strikes by posting leaked copyrighted images seems just as laughable. Be adults and recognize actions have consequences.
    I'd be pissed if someone leaked my launch stuff too, I can't make Stern out to be the bad guys for taking shots over it. Should they revise their media release stuff to catch the people instead of just letting everyone download off the same server so it's impossible to track? Sure, probably. But to use the boat analogy if they're taking on water they might as well patch over the biggest holes.

Black listing content creators for your product is not helping your marketing. It is completely the wrong way to go, what they should be doing is including guys like Cary and making sure he has high quality content ready to drop the moment Sterns announcement is complete. What approach do you think is more apt to build positive buzz? Stern has shown time and again they are simple in the dark ages. The whole all stick no carrot thing is laughably stupid. Stern has no one to blame but themselves if their shit gets out there.

#185 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballer67:

Leaks and bullshit podcast talk and "controversy" is great in a tiny niche hobby like Pinball. I argue that such a culture of discussion and debate is necessary to promote such a tiny specialized hobby.
    The leaks were great for promoting Stern releases.
    A loose cannon like Kaneda was great for promoting Stern releases.
    Whether his commentary was good or bad, Cary Hardy was great for promoting Stern releases.
    Ain't no such thing as bad publicity. Fuckin' wake up, boys.
    The tighter Stern squeezes everybody's balls, the less interested - collectively - the pinball community becomes.
    In the end, who really does give a fuck? Pinball is a toy and we all love it, but it's costing us all a fortune (even the rich dudes amongst us).
    At a certain critical mass tipping point of these shitty little companies force feeding the pinball community who we can - and can't - listen to (and I include Stern here because in the grand scheme of things they're a fairly small workforce with fairly small sales figures)...we tap out and lose interest.

Amen.

It's part of the whole package that is pinball.

We're not dealing with military secrets here.

#186 3 years ago

Lol Cary Hardy is an idiot.

#187 3 years ago

It’s not rocket science. If I as an operator invest 6-10k in a game I don’t want some douche bag recording and making fun of that game. I need that game to earn money. Doesn’t matter if you think you’re gods gift to pinball. I don’t want your opinion hurting my investment.

#188 3 years ago
    Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

It’s not rocket science. If I as an operator invest 6-10k in a game I don’t want some douche bag recording and making fun of that game. I need that game to earn money. Doesn’t matter if you think you’re gods gift to pinball. I don’t want your opinion hurting my investment.

For an idiot you sure think the can can reach and influence a lot of people. Maybe you should make better investments if you think the opinion of one person is all it will take to ruin it. It is pretty hilarious that you feel it's completely ok to voice your opinion calling him an idiot, a douche bad and mocking this opinion of himself but it's off side for him to comment on a machine.

#189 3 years ago
    Quoted from ifpapinball:

I pitched the Stern Army concept to Stern...

My bad. I'd missed the conception of Stern Army and their launch party promotion vehicle. Just thought any public location wanting to board the train, and who managed to receive their game by a certain date, was welcome.

#190 3 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

For an idiot you sure think the can can reach and influence a lot of people. Maybe you should make better investments if you think the opinion of one person is all it will take to ruin it. It is pretty hilarious that you feel it's completely ok to voice your opinion calling him an idiot, a douche bad and mocking this opinion of himself but it's off side for him to comment on a machine.

It’s a niche hobby. Of course his shit talking negatively effects it.

#191 3 years ago

One way for Stern to stop podcaster leaks is to bring them on as media partners, provide them with watermarked photos ahead of time and then make them sign an NDA with extremely punative teeth. But I guess they would rather play villan.

#192 3 years ago
    Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

It’s a niche hobby. Of course his shit talking negatively effects it.

What's next close all social media and ban every poster that ever speaks a bad word against pinball because they are all douche bags and idiots, ruining the hobby and your investment. It's ok for you to talk shit, just no one else? There is not an eye roll big enough for this nonsense.

#193 3 years ago

Again, a company like Apple choosing to strategically leak information about the latest iPhone is 100% different than Stern having information about Star Wars or Stranger Things leak. In Stern’s case, they have to demonstrate to Disney or Netflix that they are acting quickly to shut down the leaks or they are at risk for having the license pulled on them. I’ve worked with marketing licensed products for 14 years now, and I’ve been at the company scrambling to stop a leak as well as at the company who gets a license bc another company screwed up. It’s a very real threat, and you only need one bad incident before you start taking the threat seriously.

Now whether or not I think these particular actions are the right way to shut down the leaks? The problem is more about why the images are getting out early and less about who gets the images and runs them, but I’d wager that Stern is working on both sides of the issue. We just have more visibility to the external stuff.

#194 3 years ago

Shall this be The Last Podcaster left standing?!

I swear, sometimes listening to some of these remaining podcasters approximates the act of slowly being force-fed excrement. Listen to them critically. An insult to our collective intelligence.

A true member of the Army! A real mensch...a man of sensitivity and a true master of repartee and criticism - not driven by blind, obliterating ambition as he stomps on us with his muddy BUY! boots and gleefully notices that he is the only one left at the party who hasn't been pulled aside and "handled".

Warning: VERY adult content! CHASE your children from the room!

#195 3 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

It started with Munsters. Negative feedback not easily resolved affected Sales. Stranger Things suffered from negative scrutiny as well.
    Continuing discontent with crazing play fields is a constant source for irritation. But the one thing that I think took it over the top was negative publicity over the Topper. Almost unanimous.
    It seems the conspiracy began a little after the launch, must have pissed off "Important People".

Those things happened because the things you mentioned sucked. No conspiracy theories or leaks, just good old fashion sucking.

#196 3 years ago

Some light reading on the topic.

https://www.engadget.com/2014-08-08-smartphone-leaks-rumors.html

IMHO. In one way or another all of these leaks originated at stern. It’s their fault. Plain and simple. Stern could watermark their property and know exactly where the leak originated. It stern took better care of their sensitive information this would not be an issue.

#197 3 years ago
    Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

That's the emperor's new clothes scenario you're giving us. Are we supposed to ignore the fact the dude is naked?

Hell, if anything, we need people like this to tell it to us straight to PROTECT those investments. People don't put tons of money into games on location because they are sheep told to do so or not to do so. It is because the game is legitimately good or bad. Even more reason for completely honest people like Cary to tell us what's up and not distributors with their own agendas or stern shills.

#198 3 years ago
    Quoted from Doctor6:

Those things happened because the things you mentioned sucked. No conspiracy theories or leaks, just good old fashion sucking.

Except Stranger Things. The people around here dissing that game are still wrong. It's the only game I play every damn day, and it gets better with each code drop. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

#199 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Except Stranger Things. The people around here dissing that game are still wrong. It's the only game I play every damn day, and it gets better with each code drop. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Keep telling yourself that. Seriously I mean that in a nice way. I feel the same about Hobbit. It is genuinely one of the best games I've ever played and to hell with anyone else. But let's face it.... there are reasons the popular opinion is what it is. You can like a turd, that doesn't make it any less of a turd lol.

#200 3 years ago
    Quoted from Doctor6:

You can like a turd, that doesn't make it any less of a turd lol.

I own a Motordome.

There are 632 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-stern-blacklisting-people/page/4?hl=barr993 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.