Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 632 posts
  • 137 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Lamberger
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Unknown-1 (resized).jpeg
    who_designed-tech_support_3_laughing_man (resized).jpg
    3a5861c95871f4063a7f57a2ed97988a (resized).jpg
    7F40F8D9-EC7B-4A2F-A080-A2CD33B30BA7.jpeg
    1baish (resized).jpg
    Sternlist.png
    f25823345ceba8a48be4ea8808379243ccc40817 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    34F84C3D-C593-4F4E-B959-8568BE709D4B.gif
    blocked (resized).png
    ohhh-god-please-kill-them-all_o_4837453 (resized).jpg
    thread-derailed (resized).jpg
    4292979A-4F4E-42C1-9E7E-FE5AB2B66C91 (resized).jpeg
    images (resized).jpeg
    6FC6BA3F-3A40-4940-B1CF-14F3FCE7E83A (resized).png
    D228CF42-B3CB-4464-A009-2B3912615AE9 (resized).jpeg
    There are 632 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 13.
    #601 3 years ago
    Quoted from Lamberger:

Hey, glad to hear you did well on your 1 stern game... But what would impress me is if you can do that with 50 sterns. Route 50 -150 and see how well you do on trades and resale.

So your argument now is that routing Stern Pros makes bad business sense? This thread gets crazier and crazier.

#602 3 years ago

Thanks Russell!
    Glad I managed to do Ok on my ONE Stern game, now where again are those 75+ NON-Stern games?....

#603 3 years ago
    Quoted from DNO:

Thanks Russell!
    Glad I managed to do Ok on my ONE Stern game, now where again are those 75+ NON-Stern games?....

Is that a question for me? I can send pictures of games ready for swap outs, and containers But what does that matter?

#604 3 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

So your argument now is that routing Stern Pros makes bad business sense? This thread gets crazier and crazier.

I think you missed a huge part of the conversation.. read it over when you have second.

#605 3 years ago

Now back to the OP.. I have to shut up now, stern might pay off pinside to shut down my account! If you don't hear from me again, that's probably what...........

#606 3 years ago
    Quoted from Lamberger:

And when your routing $500k in pins, I think about the resale value... I've had really bad experiences with Stern, so I stopped using them 4 years ago...no regrets. Sorry to offend everyone that loves giving Gary a good reach around, but that was my business decision... and it was the best thing I ever did. Sure, I might be dumb to purchase a bunch of MMRLE's because they advertised double clear coats, but you know what..They still look fantastic today, and I don't think I'll loose to much reselling them. But yepp, I'm the insane one. I probably would have purchased more than $500k in games from stern, closer to a mil.. But that's the business decision they made. I know a lot of routers, all we buy are used games with a nice thick clear coat... pass on everything else. But they are probably insane too. Crazy fools.
    And yes, if your at home with your own machine, I agree with you. Who cares! not much to loose, enjoy!~.

Routing pins is a different story and different experience for some I guess.

The guy in Vegas, haven’t seen him here lately, had great success with Stern pins he claims

If they make a game that people will line up to play why not put it out there?

When you run the ROI numbers on a Stern pro somebody has to be making $$ because they sell a load of them to operators?

Would think Chicago gaming is excellent on route too. Never had an issue

#607 3 years ago

Is anyone really arguing that a Stern Pro isn’t generally a great ROI for an operator? Regardless, this thread is way off topic at this point.

Some people complained about thread derailment when it became about Stern QC, but are happy to talk about how much they love Stern’s making them money on route.

The thread was about how Stern deals with leaks and negative feedback. But whatever. That topic was beat into submission by the acolytes.

#608 3 years ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

The thread was about how Stern deals with leaks and negative feedback. But whatever. That topic was beat into submission by the acolytes.

Yes, Stern has a whole army of those...

#609 3 years ago
    Quoted from Lamberger:

And when your routing $500k in pins, I think about the resale value... I've had really bad experiences with Stern, so I stopped using them 4 years ago...no regrets. Sorry to offend everyone that loves giving Gary a good reach around, but that was my business decision... and it was the best thing I ever did. Sure, I might be dumb to purchase a bunch of MMRLE's because they advertised double clear coats, but you know what..They still look fantastic today, and I don't think I'll loose to much reselling them. But yepp, I'm the insane one. I probably would have purchased more than $500k in games from stern, closer to a mil.. But that's the business decision they made. I know a lot of routers, all we buy are used games with a nice thick clear coat... pass on everything else. But they are probably insane too. Crazy fools.
    And yes, if your at home with your own machine, I agree with you. Who cares! not much to loose, enjoy!~.

I’ve found that people who talk about how much money they make or spend are always full of shit. And it’s LOSE not loose for gods sake!

#610 3 years ago
    Quoted from Lamberger:

Is that a question for me? I can send pictures of games ready for swap outs, But what does that matter?

Buddy there are few routed games out in the wild any more DNO is asking where there are games to play why are you being a tool

#611 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

I’ve found that people who talk about how much money they make or spend is always full of shit. And it’s LOSE not loose for gods sake!

At no time did I say I make this much money or spend this much... I've been talking about the value when the game is sold, resale value.. which would be( and was 4 years ago) a hole lot less if I owned stern games, all worn out.. the hole point of the conversation... Big difference. Me not buying and routing stern games is my protest of the quality. I'm Extremely happy of how my current games are holding up.
    I'm full of shit? $1000 says that I'm not full of shit... all williams, bally, chicago games.. Not one stern routed.
    Oh and Sometimes I write this too. Laooze, or Looose! In a sentence I mostly use- (Looks like you looozzaa!! sucka!.. Oh my lord I am the winner!!.) Mostly fallowed after a game of pinball.
    So come on B, put your money where your mouth is!?
    You might want to read my comments over again, you missed everything. I'm still confused on what you think is full of shit, sterns games? I totally agree.

Quoted from JY64:

Buddy there are few routed games out in the wild any more DNO is asking where there are games to play why are you being a tool

Covid- 3 storage bins at a buddy's farm warehouse, rest are at the office garage.. Looks like they will be sitting for awhile... let me know if you need pictures. If things fire back up, Buck or 2 plus locations, 3 barcade openings...possibly other restaurants/bars..but it's not looking good. Might be a fire sale in few months, maybe an auction if this keeps up. Thankfully no beat up sterns so I should do pretty well on resale.. ;D

#612 3 years ago

Hole point.

This place can be so depressing.

#613 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

I’ve found that people who talk about how much money they make or spend is always full of shit. And it’s LOSE not loose for gods sake!

Oh, the irony!

#614 3 years ago

Other stern lovers say giving Gary a good reach around makes them feel better, then a nice little snuggle after.

Quoted from JY64:

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Hole point.

Haha! whatever man.

I agree, getting sick of this conversation..I'm out.

#615 3 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Just have the distributor meeting AFTER the official announcement with all the high res pics!!!!!!
    Gasp!!!!!

Don't bring logic into this

#616 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Hole point.

Raising awareness: The first step forward!

#617 3 years ago
    Quoted from majicman110:

Don't bring logic into this

Better idea was mentioned afterwards. Have the meeting and hit go the moment the meeting is over.

#618 3 years ago
    Quoted from Bumper:

Blackmailing public news outlets into removing negative reviews and blocking sources, and contacting someones employer because information or art is leaked is inexcusable.

Again I like to mediate on what is speculation and what is fact here. Not saying the wronged people in these debacles of lately are not telling the truth. But if such people are the only source of information, well.

Regarding "contacting someones employer". I agree it is a wrong thing to do. But I can invision a whole array of people and companies reacting to the podcast in question to that extream. You know, it could be someone not even from the pinball sphere.

I just wish there were solid information. Cory seems credible telling about being banned from making a review of TMNT. When Pinball News got banned for Batman 66 critic was solid too.

#619 3 years ago

Hehe .. I remember the days when I was in the JJP google-group.
    I was very pissed about the "saving" on the 3 disks on JPOTC and also canceled my order and suddenly ... the post was gone.
    So why should Stern not do the same ... there are also several partsdealer out which can not work with critics.

So who owns a page, website, forum or whatelse *IS* able to delete or change content.
    He also will be able to see private messages, etc ... Thats a fact and we agree while using this platforms.

#620 3 years ago

If you aren't smart enough to make decisions for yourself, given all of the facts that are out there right in front of you, then you have zero excuses on it's on YOU

#621 3 years ago

I think we need to rename this thread because its went so far off topic that its stupid. You guys all need to be over in the Stern and JJP shitty playfields thread.

#622 3 years ago

Is this a trow at " best pinside topic" ? Then we need more memes!

#623 3 years ago
    1baish (resized).jpg1baish (resized).jpg
    #624 3 years ago
    Quoted from cooked71:

I’m just concerned for the bondage industry. Primary/Secondary just doesn’t the same ring to it.

Bitch / Bottom Bitch would work well here.

#625 3 years ago

#Blacklist!

7F40F8D9-EC7B-4A2F-A080-A2CD33B30BA7.jpeg7F40F8D9-EC7B-4A2F-A080-A2CD33B30BA7.jpeg
    1 week later
    #626 3 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

I think we need to rename this thread because its went so far off topic that its stupid. You guys all need to be over in the Stern and JJP shitty playfields thread.

I don't think its off topic at all, people were blacklisted for making negative comments about stern and what they said to get blacklisted.

#627 3 years ago
    Quoted from Lamberger:

Other stern lovers say giving Gary a good reach around makes them feel better, then a nice little snuggle after.

Haha! whatever man.
    I agree, getting sick of this conversation..I'm out.

LOL yet he is back

3a5861c95871f4063a7f57a2ed97988a (resized).jpg3a5861c95871f4063a7f57a2ed97988a (resized).jpg
    #628 3 years ago
    Quoted from JY64:

LOL yet he is back
    [quoted image]

Just pointing out that my comments weren't off topic. That's why stern shut me down.

Quoted from JY64:

Need pictures? Was looking forward to winning a quick grand U.S. Haha!

#629 3 years ago
    Quoted from Lamberger:

Just pointing out that my comments weren't off topic. That's why stern shut me down.

Need pictures? Was looking forward to winning a quick grand U.S. Haha!

Unknown-1 (resized).jpegUnknown-1 (resized).jpegwho_designed-tech_support_3_laughing_man (resized).jpgwho_designed-tech_support_3_laughing_man (resized).jpg
    #630 3 years ago

Wow, how old are you? I can hear your Mom calling you up for dinner from here.
    Hope she didn't interrupt you from getting your O face on looking at your home screen picture of Gary.
    Looking like Robert Downey above and sh!t, Oh-Oh...enjoy buddy. Haha!

Quoted from captainadam_21:

2 Barcades in Sioux falls are closing. The pinball club in Fargo also closed. Stern better realize home use may be by far their largest client base and stop ignore customers with serious quality control issues.

Best point I've ever heard on this website.

1 week later
    #631 3 years ago

The answer to this topic is YES!

#632 3 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

The answer to this topic is YES!

Simple enough.. made sense to me to explain why. Hopefully sterns ears are open...things are about to change drastically.

There are 632 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-stern-blacklisting-people/page/13?hl=ausretrogamer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.