Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

WP_20141122_19_52_41_Pro.jpg
image.jpg
Uh-Oh.jpeg
image-530.jpg
48856302.jpg
0.jpg
There are 241 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
#201 9 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

What exactly were you implying then? I'm confused. I wasn't saying released code, I was saying you were comparing the released version of ST against the released version of XMen. Meaning out of the box versions

I was saying I didn't feel like waiting for as long as it took for xmen to get decent. I'm not putting that much faith in the current code team. Those that stick it out more power to you.

#202 9 years ago

I enjoy it and it got my wife back out to play a game once in awhile. She said she liked how the game layout seemed simple compared to others I've owned.

1 year later
#203 8 years ago

Curious about thoughts on this now that newer code is out.

#204 8 years ago

Definite keeper. The new code is awesome. Lots of intensity and deep scoring strategies. Many, many ways to play.

#205 8 years ago

It is going to vary from person to person, just as with other pins.

#206 8 years ago

Nah. I sold mine. New code couldn't save it for me. Still too repetitive.

#207 8 years ago

I kept my LE for year which is long for me and a mode based pin but still became too repetitive, like any mode based pinball. I would buy it again however down the road.

#208 8 years ago

Mine is gone. It's a good game, just not a keeper for me.

#209 8 years ago

My premium is likely a keeper, such a great looking top flight flowing game. I have premium with Aurich's bad ass alt translight...best looking art package of all the versions.

#210 8 years ago

Keeper for me, for the time being. Really enjoy it...really the total package of fun shots, flow, great sound and lights. A+ stuff

#211 8 years ago

I just sold mine. I had it since it was first released.

#212 8 years ago

Well,you know,like everything,you gotta be a ST fan!!! I get bummed out sometimes playing my ST/premium,then,things happen, and all of a sudden I'm making warp 6,7,8,and everything changes up,but you gotta wanna!!The folks that put theirs up for sale,just wanted to play it for a while and make a few bucks as well!! Look at how fast the ST/LE went out!! Just speculators,buying them all up and reselling them for a grand more!!I know a dealer in SanJose,calif.who bought a nib ST/le from another pinhead, who bought a WOZ as well!! The dealer only wanted to play it for free and resell the thing for a grand more than he paid,just two months after he bought it !!Thats what these a.s.h.l..s do for fun,so you have to be wary!!Enjoy your game!peace,

#213 8 years ago

And the microphone drops..

#214 8 years ago

My Premium is staying put.
Although I haven't had it to long , post code update, the speed, flow, art/aurich, lights are a complete package. Just wait until the color dmd comes out !
It is also a great match with my TAF.

#215 8 years ago

Got boring quickly for me

#216 8 years ago

Going on 2 years this fall. I'm getting 2 new additions in a couple weeks so will be interesting to see how things pan out.

#217 8 years ago

Keeper for me, there are a lot of things to check out. Always a "wow" with guests too.

#218 8 years ago

I'm going to play st right now

#219 8 years ago

I played it this morning, still here!

#220 8 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

Will ST hold up 20 years from now??? That's the real question.

Huh?

That's not the question.

The question is: will you be here 20 years from now to play it?

Who cares if it's popular 20 years in the future. Enjoy stuff now!!

#221 8 years ago

ST was the only game I played yesterday. Still fun for me, but my (dis)likes come and go like the weather. That's the beauty of pinball. ANY game is going to get stale with frequent play...either hold it in a lineup or rotate it out.

#222 8 years ago

Just got mine today! Now if it will only stop raining so I can bring it in and play it!

#223 8 years ago

It's my first ever pin , I couldn't let it go for sentimental reasons

#224 8 years ago

AFAIK, there might be another code update coming. Probably mostly bug fixes though. Everything else is pretty much done.

#225 8 years ago

I love mine, one of my favorite games. The new code made it even better.

#226 8 years ago

Glad this got bumped. This is the ONLY game my wife asks (or has ever asked) if I want to go out and play. Video games, pinballs, anything... She's not into and loves the Pro. Have only had it for about 7 months, but I also still love it. Feels like a keeper for me.

#227 8 years ago

I'm a huge Star Trek (TV shows, movies) fan and I love my STTNG.

I've played several ST pros and a couple STLEs... STLE being a heck of a lot more fun, imo.

I just don't think either compare to STTNG. Maybe because the next-generation show was my favorite out of all of them.

My dad plans to pick up a ST pro, which I fully support. Would like to play it from time to time, but I think I'd get bored fast if it were mine.

Just my opinion... I know there are a lot of people who prefer ST over STTNG.

#228 8 years ago
Quoted from bigbadmiker:

I'm a huge Star Trek (TV shows, movies) fan and I love my STTNG.
I've played several ST pros and a couple STLEs... STLE being a heck of a lot more fun, imo.
I just don't think either compare to STTNG. Maybe because the next-generation show was my favorite out of all of them.
My dad plans to pick up a ST pro, which I fully support. Would like to play it from time to time, but I think I'd get bored fast if it were mine.
Just my opinion... I know there are a lot of people who prefer ST over STTNG.

I use to love playing STTNG 20+ years ago. The game is awesome

Really connected pinball to the show nicely.

#229 8 years ago

After playing about 20 games in the arcade and less than 10 games on my premium, I would say.....

1. The sound and voices are amazing, I am talking right up there with Tron & LOTR. You feel like you are in the game.

2. Light show is friggin amazing! Best light job on a Stern to date.

3. The playfield feels a little crowded. Which may be the only bad thing.

4. The fucker flows and the ball return is ridiculously fast.

5. There is clearly a lot going on with the rules. Might take me a while to figure it all out.....Which is a good thing.

6. The Warp shot is a bitch and I still cannot get the hang of it, but that's good as I know when I do.....I am going to love it and it will add a lot to the game.

7. The game has many elements that are better than STTNG, but it is not a better game.

#230 8 years ago

Keeper. I am going up and down on my ST, IM and ACDC line and loving it. Play my HS2 every now and then and still like it also. I really do not need to buy another pin ever again. Which is a good thing.

RCT is coming for the family though. I will dig not having a "cool kids" pin.

#231 8 years ago

It's my best and favorite pin.I have the pro with FF speakers. I like it so much that in retrospect I probably should have bought the next model up the premium.

Yes, keeper.

#232 8 years ago

It's a keeper for me. I prefer it to STTNG. That's just me though. I think I'm in the minority . I *might* eventually trade my LE for a Premium. *Might* . Depends on the deal.

#233 8 years ago
Quoted from indybru:

It's my best and favorite pin.I have the pro with FF speakers. I like it so much that in retrospect I probably should have bought the next model up the premium.
Yes, keeper.

What is good about ST is that all of the runs Pro, Premium and LE work on all the right levels. The Pro is a great player with not too much taken off of it to cheapen it. The Premium adds the bling and more lighting and makes sense to pay more and the LE steps the bling up a notch over the Premium to make it worth the money.

Every model of ST could make sense to add or subtract some $ to get. There is really no "don't buy the LE" or "stay away from the Pro!", for ST. This is a good thing for buyers and owners!

#234 8 years ago

Had STLE NIB since it first came out. Still here, currently my favorite. It's not perfect but what is. New code makes it complete. What I really like is that it gets more fun as the game progresses because you continue to build up the 2x shot multipliers, collect as many medals as possible before starting KM, and sometimes get lucky with get 2x scoring going and it's crazy fun trying to cash that in before the timer expires. And of course, then you realize you better go for V3 for HUGE points, and I swear I've never ended so many games before on one task like I have with that one. As for I wish... I wish there was a bonus for completing the timed L2/L3 modes in one go (used to be a requirement for some like PD3).

This game has me interested in Got Premium because I want to find something with a similar fun factor, so we'll see.

#235 8 years ago

Keeper for me (as is STTNG).......and IM......and probably HSII.

#236 8 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Keeper for me (as is STTNG).......

Smart man

image.jpgimage.jpg

#237 8 years ago
Quoted from Spitfiren8:

Smart man
image.jpg

Those look bad ass next to each other!!

#238 8 years ago

WP_20141122_19_52_41_Pro.jpgWP_20141122_19_52_41_Pro.jpg

Here is my tandem....but this was taken before the ST got its Aurich upgrade.

#239 8 years ago

So glad I am not the only one that likes both STTNG and ST. They are VERY different games.

#240 8 years ago
Quoted from Spitfiren8:

Smart man
image.jpg

Drool.

#241 8 years ago

STTNG looks awesome with leds. Like the alt translite, spitfire. Looks perfect next to ST with Auritch's translite.

My ST is not going anywhere anytime soon. I don't think I will ever finish the game so always something to shoot for. Like others said, every game gets a bit stale after many plays. ST is my type of game so always been fun. My collection will always be small so nothing is really a keeper.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 24.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 241 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-st-not-a-keeper/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.