• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

SMs.JPG
download.jpg
MV5BNDM1NDkzOTE0MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMzA0OTY1._V1_SY317_CR3,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider blondetall.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 9 years ago

I think to appreciate it, you've got to understand the rules. Which I know most people here do, but newbies at my house always get confused when playing Spiderman versus all the mode-based games. It's much easier to tell them to shoot the JP control room to start a mode and then feed the t-rex than to try to explain stacking and everything happening simultaneously on Spidey, and the super flow already keeps them on their toes so much they just don't enjoy it.

When we first got ours, I didn't understand it because I didn't know the rules. I would just hit Sandman all the time, and it began to feel too much like RFM by hitting everything up the middle. Then as I learned more of what to do and got good enough at shooting/making shots so that I could get higher in the levels for each character and get to Super Hero, it clicked and I loved it. I didn't care too much for the movies themselves, but I absolutely love the callouts and JK Simmons. I think the artwork is in general ugly, so we replaced all the sling plastics with the black Back Alley options, added the subway/buildings to cover up the majority of faces, added a shaker, added spiders on the webs and speaker grills, and gave it some custom LED lighting to highlight the characters more. I may have to look into replacing them to comic style like BangBackula is doing, but for now it's pretty perfect to me. It helps that Spiderman is my husband's favorite comic, but ours is never leaving.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saint Johns, MI
Machine - For Sale
Rockford, IL
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.95
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 25.50
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider blondetall.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-spidey-too-cold?tu=blondetall and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.