(Topic ID: 14733)

Is Spiderman about the hardest pin to find right now?

By Rick471

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 278 posts
  • 68 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Rick471
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

EBB_002.jpg
DWW_005.jpg
Expansion_kit_002.jpg
Expansion_kit_003.jpg
AFMTD2_011.jpg
AFMswap_003.jpg
AFMswap_004.jpg
BK2K_015.jpg
BK2K_004.jpg
BK2K_002.jpg
BK2K_023.jpg
BK2K_029.jpg
BK2K_017.jpg
Not_Gonna_Do_It.jpg
Stern2_003.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Cobray.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#41 12 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

nope have one in the basement...oops not FS
I'd take Tron LE money for it much better game IMO.
I know of one on location in NC thats it...and its not FS.

Crack is whack. SM is not even close to Tron LE. for some reason I think I've seen you trying to pump up your SM before. Get over it dude.

#48 12 years ago

My argument isn't that SM is a bad game, but when you are saying it's worth the same as one of the hottest LE's (400 made) out, then I'm going to call B.S.

Plenty of good games have lot's of toys, LOTR and BDK are two examples, and they have gone up a little.. but I don't believe "it's now worth the amount of a Tron LE" is applicable. Of course if I owned a SM, I'd make that argument if I wanted to pump it up before I sold it

And if that's the case, a STTNG has more toys than just about all of those games, so I suppose those are worth the value of a MM or MB? LOL.

#55 12 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

You can get a routed SM right now for the low, low price of $6k!
ebay.com link: Stern SPIDERMAN Pinball Machine Shopped full LED conversion

Yeah, because we know that Ebay listings are the standard for pricing.

Why all of a sudden to I feel like I'm dealing with a craigslist seller?

#59 12 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Cobray said:My argument isn't that SM is a bad game, but when you are saying it's worth the same as one of the hottest LE's (400 made) out, then I'm going to call B.S.
Plenty of good games have lot's of toys, LOTR and BDK are two examples, and they have gone up a little.. but I don't believe "it's now worth the amount of a Tron LE" is applicable. Of course if I owned a SM, I'd make that argument if I wanted to pump it up before I sold it
And if that's the case, a STTNG has more toys than just about all of those games, so I suppose those are worth the value of a MM or MB? LOL.
Gameplay wise it's a better value. If your going to make a comparison of the 2 with Tron LE being a 400 Limited release you would have to compare it to a BSM. If anyone had a Black Spidey left NIB I'd wager it would sell for more then a Tron LE.
But the fact that the standard version of SM commands such a high price speaks for the level of gameplay you get. No other standard version Stern sells for as much as SM. Not LOTR, TSPP, or FG all which are considered to be some of the best Stern titles.

I see your argument, but you mention gameplay making it a better value- do you see the BSM back glass and chrome when playing a BSM? Is there different code in a BSM? nope. In Tron LE, you SEE the differences while playing, the code is different, and the overall experience is enhanced on the Tron LE. BSM is purely an art package for someone viewing the game from a distance. Not so with Tron LE.

After all, it is about the gameplay and gameplay experience, right?

#75 12 years ago

At least Tron doesn't need a CENTER POST between the flippers to make it a playable game.

#77 12 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Cobray said:At least Tron doesn't need a CENTER POST between the flippers to make it a playable game.
If your relying on the center post to save the ball you most likely aren't aging the game correctly.

What? I didn't put it there, the ball hits it and bounces back up by itself! Now I'm not playing the game correctly if the ball hits the post?

So I suppose you took your post out and now have a hole? Or you have a "out of bounds" rule for it and as soon as the ball touches it you take your hands off the flippers and let the ball drain?

#94 12 years ago

EVERY pin gets old if you're playing it on a regular basis. I thought SM would be a keeper for me at one point, but it's long gone. Never owned an MM, too rich for my blood, but I would imagine it would also get old.

Tron is too new, at least for me, to have gotten bored of it. Love the gameplay and I think the layout is unique enough (can you say non-fan layout) to keep me interested. And it's a tough, fast pin that keeps you coming back for "just one more game". It just seems like it's going to be a long term keeper at this point, especially since they seem hard to find (just as hard to find as SM) at the moment.

2 weeks later
TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 25.50
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.95
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfield, CT
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Rockford, IL
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Lombard, IL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Cobray.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-spiderman-about-the-hardest-pin-to-find-right-now?tu=Cobray and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.