(Topic ID: 99235)

Is sound upgrade for BK2K worth the money?

By jncall21

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

I am on the fence. What has been your experience for people who have done this? I appreciate your opinions. For what it's worth I plan on keeping this game (famous last words).

#2 9 years ago

Any sound upgrade to any pinball machine is worth it~

#3 9 years ago

Ahhhhhhh haaaaaaaaaa ahhhhhhh you can do it you can do it.....

#4 9 years ago

It's not gonna make it not sound "video gamey" , but it'll prob thump up the bass a bit.

#5 9 years ago

Upgrading my BK2K speakers is high on my 'want' list, so I'd be interested in hearing what others have to say about this as well.

#6 9 years ago

Thanks for the responses. I think I will take the plunge.

#7 9 years ago

A subwoofer is almost a must for bk2k. The whole soundtrack is very thin without the extended bass. The pop bumber hits sound amazing, the black knights voice has a growl. It really is night and day.

#8 9 years ago

Bk2k is actually one of the few older games that has good music. For 80 bucks it's certainly worth it.

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from Jabbles180:

A subwoofer is almost a must for bk2k. The whole soundtrack is very thin without the extended bass. The pop bumber hits sound amazing, the black knights voice has a growl. It really is night and day.

Yeah I was going to suggest starting with a sub. Once that blows you away then upgrade the cab speakers.

#10 9 years ago

IMO NO.

I upgraded my BK2K and I really did not notice any major difference. It was a bit sharper but that was about it. To me it just wasn't worth the time and money invested.

#11 9 years ago

However...I forgot there was a guy on RGP that went all out upgraded the entire system...big money..and according to a lot of folks you could hear this game being played from miles away ..

Sorry forgot his name.

RGP it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Titusville, FL
$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

4,500 (OBO)
$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Peekskill, NY
$ 39.99
$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-sound-upgrade-for-bk2k-worth-the-money and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.