Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 56 posts
  • 43 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by markmon
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Is Stern's Spiderman the BEST pinball ever made?”

• NO 100 votes
      51%
    • YES 38 votes
      19%
    • NO Egg is a troll 23 votes
      12%
    • NO...but I wouldn't call Egg a troll...just troubled 16 votes
      8%
    • Egg is single and needs a chick 18 votes
      9%

(195 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 11 years ago

The noose is ready...

#2 11 years ago

I'm going with yes here.

#3 11 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

I'm going with yes here.

What's your address?

#4 11 years ago

Spiderman is great not sure the best ever made but its up there.

#6 11 years ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

Definetly a troll.

Jon M would agree with you...

#7 11 years ago

It's pretty damn good!...but who can pick one game as the best!? While I would like to downsize my collection, I can't even imagine just picking ONE.

#8 11 years ago

I voted SM is the best, but mainly because I want to sell it for lots of $$$$$ one day.

#9 11 years ago
    Quoted from eggbert52:

Jon M would agree with you...

wow bro you take the stuff on this place way to personally, yeah you do a far bit of trolling but hell it gives me something to read when I'm killing time at work so it's all good but seriously chill out everything here if not opinion based discussion about pins is usually said in gest, we cant all take this pin stuff too serious there would be no fun in it if we did.

Btw where the hell is the option YES & Egg is trolling again

#10 11 years ago
    Quoted from copperpot:

I voted SM is the best, but mainly because I want to sell it for lots of $$$$$ one day.

LOL...I've gone back and forth so many times with my SM...sell or keep. I could easily sell it quick for a decent chunk o change...and I really haven't been playing the game at all. However...it IS good and I feel like I'll re-discover it at some point, and therefore should hang onto it.

#11 11 years ago

It is the most amazing game ever, now trade me your medieval madness for it. It is awesome and really don't see it leaving my collection unless its for holy grail game. So in reality i think it is a strong game thats fast and technical and a solid fit for small collection.

#12 11 years ago

It was to me until ACDC came out. Now it's tied for the best ever. (;

#13 11 years ago

It is a close second behind LOTR for me.

#14 11 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

wow bro you take the stuff on this place way to personally, yeah you do a far bit of trolling but hell it gives me something to read when I'm killing time at work so it's all good but seriously chill out everything here if not opinion based discussion about pins is usually said in gest, we cant all take this pin stuff too serious there would be no fun in it if we did.
    Btw where the hell is the option YES & Egg is trolling again

Nah...I've confirmed you are a good dude...was just making fun.

#15 11 years ago

AC DC then I play Tron and Xmen over SM

#16 11 years ago

Best stern ever...not sure about best pinball machine ever

#17 11 years ago

I owned one for a week and don't regret selling it.

#18 11 years ago

"NO...but I wouldn't call Egg a troll...just troubled : (1 votes)
    3 % "

Egg tell us...that is your vote isn't it?

#19 11 years ago

not even worthy to be in my collection. It's way down on my request line. IF I had room for 50 games...maybe, but i'm not a fan of the Fan pattern layout.

#20 11 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

"NO...but I wouldn't call Egg a troll...just troubled : (1 votes)
    3 % "
    Egg tell us...that is your vote isn't it?

LOL...nah. I should have voted "I need a chick." Hmmmm...an idea for my NEXT poll....

#21 11 years ago
    Quoted from eggbert52:

LOL...nah. I should have voted "I need a chick." Hmmmm...an idea for my NEXT poll....

I went with you need a chick, and as I submitted my vote I considered the possibility of you starting a poll about that.

#22 11 years ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

It is a close second behind LOTR for me.

I not only agree, I indicate it in my ratings!

Egg, stop being such a troll. LOL

#23 11 years ago
    Quoted from The_Gorilla:

I not only agree, I indicate it in my ratings!
    Egg, stop being such a troll. LOL

Same here brother!

#24 11 years ago
    Quoted from Shrub_Light:

I went with you need a chick, and as I submitted my vote I considered the possibility of you starting a poll about that.

I'm not that so self consumed for now unless I get urged to do it but I would be curious how many members would vote for me to either stay celibate, get a girlfriend, or get it over with and just pay for sex. It's been 6 months

#27 11 years ago
    Quoted from eggbert52:

I'm not that so self consumed for now unless I get urged to do it but I would be curious how many members would vote for me to either stay celibate, get a girlfriend, or get it over with and just pay for sex. It's been 6 months

TMI dude, TMI!

#28 11 years ago
    Quoted from eggbert52:

It's been 6 months

Ahhh so that's it.

#30 11 years ago

Top ten maybe. But I think AC/DC LE is the best Stern ever made.

#31 11 years ago

Yeah it is

#32 11 years ago
    Quoted from PinWiz17:

Top ten maybe. But I think AC/DC LE is the best Stern ever made.

Most fun that's for sure.

#33 11 years ago

Hard to pick a single machine to be the best ever. I like SM but not the single best pin for me

I smell Gorilla farts??? Who has been feeding him Beef-A-Reeno again??

#34 11 years ago

It's not even the best, or second best Stern IMO.

#35 11 years ago
    Quoted from eggbert52:

The noose is ready...

That would be a NEGATIVE Houston

#36 11 years ago

I dig it more than most really deep games, but I don't think I'd ever own one unless it fell into my lap.

#37 11 years ago

Nothing else comes close

#38 11 years ago

Really depends what you like. If you're a flow fan, then it probably ranks pretty high up there. If you're not, obviously you're going to say TSPP or TZ or LOTR or some other game of that ilk.

Luke

#39 11 years ago
    Quoted from lukerp:

Really depends what you like. If you're a flow fan, then it probably ranks pretty high up there. If you're not, obviously you're going to say TSPP or TZ or LOTR or some other game of that ilk.
    Luke

Well said!

I voted troll for fun! I really like SM and want one but TZ and TSPP are my favorites.

#40 11 years ago

SM is an awesome game for sure, but there is no "best" machine.

#41 11 years ago
    Quoted from ReplayRyan:

SM is an awesome game for sure, but there is no "best" machine.

Best is such a subjective term when talking about items. Could mean many things. No real answer.

#42 11 years ago

There are at least 15 pins that are better than SM IMHO. It's also like saying:

Is TSPP the best Stern?
    Is LOTR the best pin ever?
    Is AFM the best W/B pin?

#43 11 years ago

A list absolutely best ever... Sorry I cannot honestly say that. maybe 6th or 7th.

#44 11 years ago

I didn't Vote , but SM is a Kick-Azz pin 4-Sure !!!!! Not the Best , but Not far from it... Top 5 IMOP

#45 11 years ago

No. Traditionally the best ever is always the newest Stern release!

#46 11 years ago

SM is so damn good that guys are convinced routed SM's are worth just as much as HUO ones!!

#47 11 years ago

I couldn't get into SM. It only survived a few months in the game room. Put a lot of games on it and it just didn't do anything for me.

#48 11 years ago

I agree with several others. ACDC is better than SM, even with current ACDC code. I have just spent serious time in Flippers arcade in the OBX. If you want to do an evaluation of the "best" then go there. They have 16 of the current top 20 games!!! Only missing LOTR, TOM, SS and TSPP. All games is great shape too!

#49 11 years ago

This is a game I keep trying to like but come away feeling underwhelmed. Prefer IM, Tron, X-Men, LOTR.

#50 11 years ago

Maybe not best ever .... But up towards the top of the list .....

Dave.

There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-sm-the-best-pinball-ever and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.