New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 165174)

Is SM a good small collection game?

By BrooklynDrug

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by rai
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Is spider man a good small collection game?”

• Yes 79 votes
    93%
  • No 6 votes
    7%

(85 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 4 years ago

Just wondering what you guys think. I'm thinking of purchasing a sm soon, and want to know if it has lastability in a small collection. I also own a fish tales, would it compliment that maybe?

#2 4 years ago

Great game, long ball times. Looking at your wish list id say that SM would be the best choice for a second pin.

#3 4 years ago

Yes.

#4 4 years ago

SM is great in any collection

#5 4 years ago

yes its great. i have a very small collection composed of just SM ^^
lastability is great. some people say its too easy ...but so far i have never achieved super hero playing normally(i mean not timing out modes , like in Startrek).

Long ball times, but fast game.

as mentioned

Quoted from PopBumperPete:SM is great in any collection

#6 4 years ago

SM is a great game for any size collection, even a collection of one.

#7 4 years ago

yes, great game.

#8 4 years ago

Small collection or big collection-Spiderman has a great challenging layout with third flipper and the game play never seems to get old. It has been in my top five for years now.

#9 4 years ago

Fish Tales & SpiderMan are both classic, awesome pins...good choices!

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from archaik:

lastability is great. some people say its too easy ...but so far i have never achieved super hero playing normally(i mean not timing out modes , like in Startrek).
Long ball times, but fast game.
as mentioned

SM is great, but longer ball times which is fine but somewhat makes me play less often.

As far as ST with the new code the timer does stop when you cradle the ball so maybe not as much able to time out missions as before.

#12 4 years ago

Yes. SM is an awesome game. I've wanted one in my collection for a while and finally added one in April. I couldn't be happier!

#13 4 years ago

If anyone complains that a game is too easy, it's probably because they have it set up that way. You can set the settings to hard/extra hard (whatever the naming is), remove rubber posts on lane dividers, open outlines as wide as possible, remove center post, put thicker rubbers on Doc Oc, etc. A game can be as difficult as you want, or you can set it up to be super easy.

People say that LOTR has long ball times, but if you watch the PAPA competition videos where they play that game it is set up to be brutal.

#14 4 years ago

SM does have longer ball times. When I finally got mine I made it to the mini-wizard mode the first 2 games I played. Now, I had played SM many many times as quite a few of my friends have one. Within a week (50ish games) I had made it to SuperHero mode twice. I opened up the outlanes completely, changed a few game-play settings and increased the Tilt sensitivity. Only made it to SuperHero once since then (3 months). So you can make it harder.

SM is a great game with great theme integration and great sound-bytes. My only complaint is the movie-grab video (I have an original) but whatever (if you've seen the movies you know what it is anyway). Can't go wrong with SM and if you get bored it is an easy resell.

#15 4 years ago

So good they made it twice!

#16 4 years ago

Absolutely! One of the best! I had it as a single pin before and it was great.

#17 4 years ago

I voted no for a "small collection"

One of the best pins ever no doubt.

It got old for me in my collection of 9 pins. Sold it once, bought it back, sold it again recently.

Still a great pin

#18 4 years ago

Yep. Fun game for experienced and non

#19 4 years ago

It's a keeper, one of my favorite .

#20 4 years ago

^^^ What they said.

#21 4 years ago

^^^^^ what they said !

#22 4 years ago

It's a great game, oh and I just so happen to have a nice example for sale.

#23 4 years ago

Looking at your wish list, I'd rather have Tspp in a small collection I don't take anything away from SM but Tspp has more to do IMO

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside