Topic Stats

• 32 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by crassmage
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

I picked up a decent priced Sinbad. It needs a mpu so i was wondering if it was worth buying the niwumpf for or just parting, everything is in decent shape otherwise. I have never played one and wanted to know how it was, I had a sys1 solar ride and that was a fun simple game, does this compare? thanks

#2 10 years ago

Great game! I was hooked on it at Expo this year.

#3 10 years ago

Sinbad is considered one of the better sys1

#4 10 years ago

so it is worth bringing back to life?

#5 10 years ago

Great simple rule set. Get the drops to build your multiplier. But! The trick is you have to get them in order. Additonally, you can't really trap the ball because of the inline flippers. Way better than Solar Ride in my opinion.

Once you reach the 5x bonus, you collect and start again. Aggressively simple and just out of reach. Add to that, one of Gordon Morison's best playfields, and you have a winner.

One of the best System 1s. I miss mine.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from crassmage:

Definitely

#7 10 years ago

too bad you are probably a bit far away
I would make you a killer deal on mine. It will most likely be temporary as it was part of a package deal

#8 10 years ago

We'll don't part it. Somebody will be very happy to get a Sinbad

#9 10 years ago

For sure, I will probably play my fair share on it and pass it along. So it seems it should be easy to sell when the time comes. Good to know

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from crassmage:

I hope so
I will be picking up a project Sinbad in a few weeks
Already have the Pascal board and LED replacement displays

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

Already have the Pascal board and LED replacement displays

Sweet my Solar Ride had a Pascal in it, made a nice improvement, I may got that direction myself ut wanted to get it done in the next couple of weeks, is shipping from France quick?

#12 10 years ago

Awesome game for the era. I got one recently and put a Ni-wumph in it. It looks easy, but it kicks your butt. Cool rules and lot of drop targets. Not to mention cool artwork package including the cabinet.

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from crassmage:

Sweet my Solar Ride had a Pascal in it, made a nice improvement, I may got that direction myself ut wanted to get it done in the next couple of weeks, is shipping from France quick?

Shipping to Australia took two weeks but it did take Pascal 4 days to post it

#14 10 years ago

Yes. Only better sys1 is Joker Poker IMHO.

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from crassmage:

Yes, I had a really nice one, still regret selling it

#16 10 years ago

Great game. I find it to be excellent for developing ball control and aim .
I installed Ni-wumph board, rebuilt the power supply and did the system 1 ground mods in mine.
Lots of fun.

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from crassmage:

I have a Pascal board in our Sinbad. I would highly recommend it. And yes, shipping was pretty quick considering the distance. Text based menus and skill shot options. Excellent

#18 10 years ago

so has anyone checked the differences in niwumpf and the pascal in a sinbad? I really liked my experience with my pascal board but is the niwumpf same/better? trying to get it operational sooner than later and marco has a niwumpf in stock.

#19 10 years ago

Pascal is an all in one, so it elimantes the power supply and driver board and their associated weak points. NiWumpf is just the mpu. So if you think your other boards (and interlink cable) are up to the task then maybe that's the way to go if you are in a hurry.

I still like replacing all the other boards with new ones

#20 10 years ago

Great game that is certainly worth fixing up. One of my faves from that
period. Had one in my collection for >23 years and have restored & sold
3 others.
Steve

#21 10 years ago

The Pascal board can also add new features to your game, if wanted: high scores with initials, skill shot, attract mode, etc.

http://www.flippp.fr/pi1x4.php

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from OTTOgd:

The Pascal board can also add new features to your game, if wanted: high scores with initials, skill shot, attract mode, etc.

Yeah my Solar Ride did that and I thought that really improved the game. I guess I was just wondering if niwumpf did anything similar to that.

#23 10 years ago

Great game. I would love one as a project machine.

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

Great game. I would love one as a project machine.

Too bad you are so far away in Oiler country, I have one you could take

#25 10 years ago

I have had two. Regret selling them. Especially the first. It was nice. Coming to NE anytime soon?

#26 10 years ago

I have one I'd sell in Wi. Missing driver board. Fair condition overall. $250.

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from grbgemen:

Coming to NE anytime soon

Nope but it looks like it would go fast down in NE, I do drive through to CO at times.

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from crassmage:

Yeah my Solar Ride did that and I thought that really improved the game. I guess I was just wondering if niwumpf did anything similar to that.

Nope. Only the Pascal board adds all the extra features. I had a niwumph in mine and it was solid as a rock- but nothing extra. Pascal has an all in one, but he also has individual MPUs. Took me about 2 weeks to get my pascal for my Genie.

If you want it sooner- niwumph
If you want it better- pascal

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from TheShameGovernor:

If you want it sooner- niwumph
If you want it better- pascal

That is a spot on answer. Might just end up with niwumpf as I am not keeping this one long term.

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from crassmage:

Might just end up with niwumpf as I am not keeping this one long term.

What is the hurry? If they are the same price, I think a buyer would prefer the pascal! The pascal doesn't get rid of the chimes and replace it with those annoying electronic sounds, does it?

#31 10 years ago

I had a Sinbad, and Joker Poker, I loved playing the Sinbad, unfortunately the orginial boards gave up on me. This was during a time when no one made replacement boards, and you couldn't find any one who would repair system 1 boards, add that into the fact that home use of the internet was just getting started, so no pin site for reference, so I sold them. They were mint, oh well I still wish I had them, Sinbad is a really fun game, and great artwork to boot!

#32 10 years ago

I think an order to Pascal is soon to come, thanks for the input everyone.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.00
Electronics
That Old Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-sinbad-a-good-game-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.