(Topic ID: 59208)

Is Sharkeys Shootout any good?

By Don44

10 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

My friend is thinking about picking one of these up and it would be his first machine, so I am looking for some opinions on it. What should he expect to pay given 8 out of 10 condition?

#2 10 years ago

I can't comment on price as I don't know other than one sold on this board the other day for around 1500. The game is 8 Ball Deluxe with modern rule and multiball. I always liked the game personally, in fact it was really the first non WMS game I did like in the DMD era.

#3 10 years ago

One of the few games I've played where I walked away from the game after a few minutes of play.

It's worse than Stern Playboy. Seriously.

-Cyan

#4 10 years ago

I owned one for about 2 years and really liked it. Sold it to a fellow collector at Expo of last year and really kind of miss it.

#5 10 years ago

It's a pretty simple game. There's one at a local dive bar, and it's the perfect game after a few drinks and you're looking for something to shoot around. I've had a lot of fun, but if your buddy is looking for something that's deep I wouldn't recommend it.

#6 10 years ago

true its not deep, but is a pretty fun game. getting harder to find nice condition dmd games under $2000.

#7 10 years ago

I think it's pretty lame, I've been a pool player my whole life and it does nothing for me....

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from MXV:

The game is 8 Ball Deluxe with modern rule and multiball.

Nailed it. Updated 8-Ball Deluxe, which is not a bad thing at all. For the right price I would check it out.

#9 10 years ago

I have owned one for over 7 years in my collection and everyone seems to like it. Stampede Mutiball callout is cool. The last pool theme pin, unlike the 70's when one was released every few months .

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 18.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-sharkeys-shootout-any-good and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.