20200928_215432 (resized).jpg
alice1 (resized).jpg
4E457E53-6605-4DE7-BB19-5F5E15430DA6 (resized).jpeg
Captain (resized).jpg
MCB_Sample (resized).png
v4wh7 (resized).jpg
20191005_221535 (resized).jpg
20191005_221911 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 3 years ago

I like the rules a lot but the layout is just not fun to shoot.

Putting all those slings on the outsides of the game definitely makes the ball action chaotic, but that was a swing and a miss imo.

Plunging straight into a pop bumper isn’t fun either. I get why they did that, and the idea for that 3 part skill shot is cool, but just isn’t fun.

So while I enjoy playing it a few times every time I come across it, I just don’t like the shots so it limits the fun I get out of it.

This is a perfect game to do a temporary trade with a friend imo.

#26 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Sucks to be first owner at $7-8K with delivery and mods.
What’ll happen to R&M price do you guys think?

Only time will tell but it will most likely take a hit from original price just like any NIB game these days. More so for the peeps that paid a premium for a spot or early game.

#47 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

you can just borrow a set from the guys who put colored LED's in their GI's, i'm sure they keep headlamps standard. Unless they don't play their games. Which I have a sneaky suspicion, many that do that....don't.

Actually the colored GI in RZ came from spooky. That game is the worst stock lit game I’ve ever seen.

4 months later
#112 3 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Kinda wonder why people have an obsession with saying games are dark. AMH gets the same flak. I have owned two RZ's and maybe someday a third, never had a problem seeing the ball.
On the other hand when I go to play other people's games they are blinding. Brightest led bulbs you can buy, led flashers, and then they throw that pinstadium crap ontop of it.
How did people play games before the mid 2000s? How do they manage on older ss and ems that are spotlit from all angles?

Lots of factors. Are your game room lights on or off? If off, it doesn’t really matter until you get to games that used a lot of flashing effects (data East). Games that used the GI for flashing effects in a completely dark room make it very hard to track the ball when the flashing effects are going.

Try playing a GOT premium on stock brightness in a dark room. Literally impossible to see during some of those moments.

Old games are no problem since it’s just GI always on. No flashing effects.

Once you introduce that strong on off contrast in a dark environment, it’s hard to track the ball.

This is why my game room lights are always on with some rare exceptions.

#122 3 years ago

The light shows are awesome, I just need to decrease the brightness to like 30-40% haha

#126 3 years ago

Arcades I went to didn’t have an ambient bulb on in the house.

They are better lit now, but most bars have pretty dim lighting at best.

#129 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Obviously bars are dark but you said arcades so I didn't know which way you were going.

They are one in the same now a days in most states.

#139 3 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Lights off. Sometimes only the game I am playing is on. Currently games are in my den which is dark, blinds are always drawn, but most of my playing is at night anyways.

You must have great eyesight or play games that don’t really need much ambient light help.

I’m only 36, but if I see a GOT Prem, or a WWFRR or LW3 in a completely dark room, I can’t play unless someone turns the lights on.

#142 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

but my got was a Pro not Prem

Pro is fine. Prem is a whole other animal.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Wanted
Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

5,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-rob-zombie-really-that-bad?tu=chuckwurt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.