20200928_215432 (resized).jpg
alice1 (resized).jpg
4E457E53-6605-4DE7-BB19-5F5E15430DA6 (resized).jpeg
Captain (resized).jpg
MCB_Sample (resized).png
v4wh7 (resized).jpg
20191005_221535 (resized).jpg
20191005_221911 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Medisinyl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

...a pin that looks this empty

A barren game indeed, but they don't all look so empty

20191005_221911 (resized).jpg20191005_221911 (resized).jpg20191005_221535 (resized).jpg20191005_221535 (resized).jpg
#89 3 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

300 are out there. No more will ever be made.

And as mine won't be going anywhere, that leaves only 299 or less for people to fight over

While I had some disappointment that the code didn't get to where Ben was promising in posts/podcasts (mini wizard mode and mode re-works), once I came to terms with what the game was going to be, I do love it for what it is.

Truly a gem of a game in a sea of pins that often offer similar experiences--RZ completely stands out on its own. Absolutely love the crazy pop/sling action, callouts, and dots. I did need to swap in some different switches to get the ball rolling over them smoother and trigger properly, but I don't experience the game to be clunky at all (as some are suggesting).

4 months later
#135 3 years ago

I'm under the impression that RZ will continue to fall into the hands of those that will be reluctant to sell the game.

One factor that plagued RZ is that AMH was fetching crazy prices before the release of RZ, and a bunch of flippers/speculators jumped in on RZ that had no love for the theme.

RZ was able to be flipped for a profit early on, then likely left some toward the back of the line bitter about the later drop in value. Many that shouldn't have been in on the game in the first place dumped their games and publicly panned it, and complained about "taking a bath" on it.

Pair this with servo/switch issues, irrational negativity for the theme/art, and at the time, negativity toward Spooky in general, and plenty hopped on the hatred bandwagon.

Early code at noisy shows in family mode couldn't have helped either.

It is indeed a theme you have to enjoy to give a chance, and the only way to properly experience it is at home on adult mode.

Not a flawless game--it could have been much more, but certainly not "that bad."

Greatest callouts in pinball IMO, and having Rob, Sid, and Sheri on them is huge. Also some of the most surprising animations.

The complaints about the crazy sling/pop action baffle me as it's one of the top features that makes it play like no other modern game and stand out in a collection.

All subjective of course, but I'm glad to be on the side that can appreciate the game, and all the mods I created for it were passion projects for the dream theme.

#147 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I think you're missing the point that many, myself included, don't find the game fun to play. They are pretty easy to find on the market because many dread the prospect of owning one. I like Rob's tunes and the dark theme, but I find the geometry unforgivable.

There are absolutely people that love the theme and not the game, and I can respect that, but I didn't miss it (just not addressed).

Mine has been reliable since replacing the finicky switches and the one that was trapping the ball in the inner orbit. Shouldn't be too daunting to own once sorted out.

However, I find nothing wrong with the geometry...

#149 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Is there a post somewhere about that ball trap switch with pics etc for a novice?

Not sure about pics, but I swapped my problem switches for the rounded Sega style switches.

https://www.pinballlife.com/sternsegadata-east-rollover-switch-assembly-left.html

#151 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I don't know what switches they are, where they are or how to get to them, that's my problem.

Can easily access them from underneath the playfield. May require some slight housing modification (think I cut some plastic on one switch).

If you aren't having issues, then no need to fix what isn't broken.

#154 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Thanks, if i wasn't having issues i wouldn't care. But i am getting balls stuck up in the orbit somewhere and the only way to free them is to shoot another one up there and then i have all sorts of issues with the flippers dying and balls draining all the time.
Hopefully someone will chip in, as i said i don't know much about maintaing the machine, but i need to be able to either tell my tech guy what the problem is, or be able to work out where the switches are that are the problem and maybe how to fix them myself.

When the really odd stuff starts happening, it's often damage to the switch under the upper playfield (have to pull the upper playfield to get to it). It causes all sorts of havoc and failed things such as the VUK not working. Right above the murder ride, there's a switch that can get smacked enough to have the pins touching--needs to be pulled and prevented from happening again (after fixing with heat shrink...that ultimately failed after being smashed enough again, I may have ended up hot gluing those pins to prevent it).

With the playfield propped up and a bright flashlight, you may be able to see if those pins are touching at all.

Other switches should be easy to find, and good experience for a pin owner to sort out.

#157 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Thanks, i believe it's happening in the outer, not inner orbit where it's getting stuck, so is that the one you are talking about? I have a lot of other stuff that occupies my remaining brain cells (like doing flying lessons, running a business etc) so prefer not to invest the time and what little future i have left learning what is essentially a new trade for me.
That doesn't mean i want my hand held, just that if people know what the fix is they could share it, so thanks.

I can understand that. Working on the games is part of the fun for me, but I know it isn't for everyone.

I've never had the ball get stuck in the outer orbit (just the H1kC/Murder Ride inner orbit before the fix). Did have some other switches that didn't like to register properly though.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

5,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 210.00
Wanted
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Medisinyl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-rob-zombie-really-that-bad?tu=Medisinyl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.