• Latest reply 8 years ago by TheLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tron_topper_(resized).jpg
8613e452e2bd91a36f06107f5763df3c708da503_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 8 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Great feedback, everyone! It looks like we've got a consensus. Plus, I just found out the slot is getting filled with a BDK, so there's no longer room for it anyway.
It's only a matter of time before another slot opens up, so I'm going to mull over possibly getting a SP or SMB. I have the opposite concern with those though. I think the casual players would love them and the league players would avoid them. The ideal pin for this location would appeal to both groups. The #1 pin at this location since the day it came in is TWD Pro, which appeals to both big time. I'm hoping the IJ4 I just put in will give it a run for it's money, but with only some appeal to league players I'm not sure it can beat it. The casual players are loving it.

give us some more details about your location for some more pointed feedback...

How many games?
What is the location?
What is the percentage breakdown in the current line up and what is the trajectory for games?
What is your gut on pinheads vs casual players?

#29 8 years ago

from what I can tell it does nothing. I would spend on ColorDMD if you want to splurge. Takes a long time to pay off, but then you have a spare DMD you pulled out and the color seems to give a SMALL uptick for a couple months.

Reality is that once you find all the $$$ in the room I dont think there is much that can be done in the actual room to help you.

Efforts are best spent trying to promote pinball and get new players in the door.

If you have enough games and the time, then I suggest hosting a once a month IFPA sanctioned event. It will bring in some players and once some competition is on the line you may see them thank you for your efforts by dropping in more coins throughout the month.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bellefonte, PA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Canton, TX
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 45.95
$ 18.95
Boards
PinSound

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-ripleys-a-good-earner-these-days?tu=whysnow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.