• Latest reply 8 years ago by TheLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tron_topper_(resized).jpg
8613e452e2bd91a36f06107f5763df3c708da503_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider desertt1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 8 years ago

My friend who owns a 30 game location has said that RBION gets fewer plays than most or all of their other Stern machines. I agree with your gut. Pinheads like it, but others will walk past. They won't know that it's a fun, reasonably complex Lawler game. They will just see it as a goofy theme.

Funny thing is that I was going to make a similar thread today asking what titles earn well in the wild that aren't on or close to being on the A-list. My same friend had a DESW front and center when they got it from another friend of mine in early 2015 and it out-earned everything for several months. Since then, their TWD pro has taken it's physical spot and earning spot as well. They say that South Park does really well among the .50 games. They have high ranked Sterns at .75, lower ranked ones at .50, most DMD's at .50, and the few EM's there at .25... for reference.

I have half of an 8 machine location and am wondering what title I should be looking at in the same range, but likely in the sub-3k range.

#7 8 years ago

Wow, lots of similar posts all at the same time. Since SMB was brought up, here are my % for the last 2.5 months, which is when all 4 of my machines have been at the location at the same time.

diner: 22.01%
ice fever: 20.91%
Mario: 31.60%
police force: 25.47%

I run events at this location and in both types, games are either played once, or picked at random, so should come close to 25% split in the long run. Mario gets plays from casual players more than my other machines. On the down side, there is no way to turn off extra balls, and there is a way to get several extra balls per ball, so having players plunge extras at events is quite a chore.

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

Interesting to see this as your highest earner. I'm not completely surprised though, as Mario's appeal is wide and varied. Makes me wonder why we haven't seen more games based on video games recently. They're just as popular and lucrative as movies and television shows are.

Yes, when I am there and see children playing, it's always SMB. I can't blame them. Between my games and the 4 games my buddy owns there, it's the only theme that would appeal to kids.

Non pinheads, no matter the age will gravitate to a theme they like if they are going to play.

#15 8 years ago

AP, really? I want to want that game, but the toilet is just, blah. Have only watched gameplay vids though, and not seen one in person. But, in that range, I'm likely to look at something else. But, just like SP, I'm sure AP is a casual player magnet.

#27 8 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Interested in this thread if you make it. Opening a location soon that will have a good amount of B & C list titles, so I'll have some information to share as well.

OK, I'll make it and then the OP won't have as much noise in here.

#33 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

from what I can tell it does nothing. I would spend on ColorDMD if you want to splurge. Takes a long time to pay off, but then you have a spare DMD you pulled out and the color seems to give a SMALL uptick for a couple months.
Reality is that once you find all the $$$ in the room I dont think there is much that can be done in the actual room to help you.
Efforts are best spent trying to promote pinball and get new players in the door.
If you have enough games and the time, then I suggest hosting a once a month IFPA sanctioned event. It will bring in some players and once some competition is on the line you may see them thank you for your efforts by dropping in more coins throughout the month.

This is basically where my location is sitting. I do events, but the location doesn't get casual foot traffic, like bowling alleys do. You are either there to play hockey or soccer, or you are there to watch somebody play hockey or soccer. Everyone else is playing pins, and I already know them. My next step is some sort of advertising. The building is right along the freeway, and they have a huge banner on that side, so maybe a Tucson Pinball banner right below it. It's also just off of a pretty busy street, so maybe a street sign. Tucson has some pretty odd laws about street signs, so I'll have to research. There isn't a marquee with backlit slots for the various businesses, or that would be what I would do first. This major street is backed up every day during rush hour, so lots of very slow moving and very bored eyes will wander to any new sign.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Valdosta, GA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 18.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 45.95
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bellefonte, PA
4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider desertt1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-ripleys-a-good-earner-these-days?tu=desertt1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.