(Topic ID: 327619)

Is RFM a good machine in a small collection?

By data_eastside

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 43 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by hAbO
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

compare.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mundy53.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 1 year ago

I would jump on that $3400 RFM with shaker motor (obviously updated code) and LCD in a heartbeat. RFM is a fabulous game that many pinball snobs rag on. I’ve owned mine for 3 years and never plan on selling. I’ve have about 50 games go through my collection in that time.

#11 1 year ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

No.
    It’s just not a game that offers enough to enjoy in a small collection unless you already know you just love it.
    It gets “ragged on” for a reason. It’s not a game for serious players. It’s fun to show off to guests and it’s easy so they can shoot up the middle and see the animations interact.
    If you love it, like the person above, that’s great. But my opinion is if you’re not already sure you like it that much, you have a small collection, and you’re asking about serious players that you will tire of it quickly.

You have to make all the side shots to get perfects on the modes and collect saucer lights. You can’t attack Mars without collecting all the saucer lights. You can progress through a mode by hitting the center, but it doesn’t get you anywhere.

SWE1 is so bad that it drags pin2000 down as a whole and hurts RFM reputation.

2 weeks later
    #32 1 year ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

RFM might be the best bang for the buck in todays market.

Truth

#34 1 year ago
    Quoted from The_Pump_House:

Pin2000 is larger than a WPC playfield???

Yes, it’s longer. If you watch the pin2000 documentary, they talk about it.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mundy53.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-rfm-a-good-machine-in-a-small-collection?tu=Mundy53 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.