Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 47 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by gdonovan
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2f74ae83523788d2fb79714423a191e4af35daf8 (resized).jpg
    #1 6 years ago

I placed an order with retrorefurbs.com, paid and then havent been able to make contact with them. My emails are going unanswered. His poinside account is frozen and the paypal account i sent money to is Epic Web Assets, the website is down. Is the guy trustworthy or should I hurry up and open a dispute thru paypal.
    Anyone deal with them recently?
    Thanks for any insight.

#2 6 years ago

Try Messaging them through Facebook. So you can at least confirm they are getting your correspondence.?

#3 6 years ago

They were good in the past however not so much anymore. Very rude unhelpful and unwilling to correct there shipping mistake. Never got my item and they will not return my money. Still waiting for my refund. Very sad.

And yes I did not want to start this thread myself but I'm glad someone did. There needs to be accountability if you want to do business in this community.

I have many emails back and forth to prove this is not slander.

#4 6 years ago

What was ordered? Playfield plastics?

#5 6 years ago

Its too bad since you cant get those plastic sets anywhere else

#6 6 years ago

It was for a Simpson's Pinball Party cabinet decal set.

#7 6 years ago

7 minutes after I commented in this thread I received an email from them saying they will now start the process of giving me my refund. I will update the community after I receive my refund. I own a business and from time to time we don't always get things right. It is what you do to make the situation better is how you should be judged. Just do the right thing and more business will come your way. It's not that difficult just be helpful, honest and considerate.

#8 6 years ago

I bought LOTR decals from them a couple of months ago with no issues.

#9 6 years ago

I’ve bought and referred folks a couple times - am not aware of any issues. Their decals are outSTANDING quality, too. I need some LOTR decals, that reminds me...

#10 6 years ago

Isnt he on pinside

#11 6 years ago
    Quoted from jake35:

Isnt he on pinside

Account frozen

#12 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinRob:

Account frozen

He got tired of all the pps license drama.

#14 6 years ago

He issued me a refund.

#15 6 years ago

For those that have ordered from RetroRefurbs, what is the typical shipping time to the US? I received an e-mail on January 2nd that a set of cab decals I ordered had shipped, but still haven't received the package. The tracking info on the website provided is extremely basic and from what I can make out, the package hit the US on Jan14th, but no more info is provided. Beginning to wonder now if its lost.....

#16 6 years ago
    Quoted from aztarac:

For those that have ordered from RetroRefurbs, what is the typical shipping time to the US? I received an e-mail on January 2nd that a set of cab decals I ordered had shipped, but still have received the package. The tracking info on the website provided is extremely basic and from what I can make out, the package hit the US on Jan14th, but no more info is provided. Beginning to wonder know if its lost.....

Took me over a month to get my translite.

#17 6 years ago

Yeah, I seem to remember 3 weeks or so.. I wouldn’t get too worried just yet

#18 6 years ago
    Quoted from lordloss:

Its too bad since you cant get those plastic sets anywhere else

Blame rick, pps and a bunch of grumpy/jealous pinsiders such as PinRob

#19 6 years ago
    Quoted from aztarac:

For those that have ordered from RetroRefurbs, what is the typical shipping time to the US? I received an e-mail on January 2nd that a set of cab decals I ordered had shipped, but still have received the package. The tracking info on the website provided is extremely basic and from what I can make out, the package hit the US on Jan14th, but no more info is provided. Beginning to wonder know if its lost.....

Mine came in about two weeks. USPS international typically take 2-3 weeks, but I've seen it take up to five or more depending. If it reached the US it still has to clear customs which can take weeks in itself.

#20 6 years ago

3 weeks Is the average to get to me

#21 6 years ago

Thanks guys - guess I'll be patient for awhile longer.

#22 6 years ago

Ive emailed them twice with no response.
    Dont get having a website and selling product with no customer service?

#23 6 years ago

Back in mid-Nov last year... mine took 5 weeks to arrive. (2 holidays & holiday shipping rush in there).
    The very-basic tracking said they hit the US within a couple weeks... but then got lost over here.
    Can't really blame Pete for that.
    (and yes... tad slow to reply sometimes, but he does reply).

Got DE ST25... haven't installed yet, but they look great.

#24 6 years ago

My experience was good

#25 6 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Ive emailed them twice with no response.
    Dont get having a website and selling product with no customer service?

Yes, I'm finding that out as well - no response to e-mail. I'll give it a bit more time....

1 year later
    #26 4 years ago

Anyone know if this place vanished? They still take money but I have not seen anything other than a confirmation email on the order and it's been 2 weeks. Only a inexpensive plastic but I need it and the site said they had it. They don't reply to anything yet I see FB posts. No way to message them there. Should I contact paypal or my visa and just get my money back? Anyone have any info on these guys?
    Thanks,

#27 4 years ago

I bought some blades couple months back (turned up quickly)

#28 4 years ago
    Quoted from frank34obx:

Anyone know if this place vanished? They still take money but I have not seen anything other than a confirmation email on the order and it's been 2 weeks. Only a inexpensive plastic but I need it and the site said they had it. They don't reply to anything yet I see FB posts. No way to message them there. Should I contact paypal or my visa and just get my money back? Anyone have any info on these guys?
    Thanks,

I ordered a custom made translite from a guy who made one for Demolition Man. He used RR as a supplier because he was from Europe as well. Took some time but it eventually arrived.

#29 4 years ago

Got some stuff a few months ago from them with no issues. Ordered many times over the past few years. I just placed an order a couple of days ago actually as well. I'm not worried.

#30 4 years ago

Well that's promising...I guess...
    Odd, Wonder why am I getting nowhere with him? Anyone order anything since 10/30?

#31 4 years ago
    Quoted from frank34obx:

Well that's promising...I guess...
    Odd, Wonder why am I getting nowhere with him? Anyone order anything since 10/30?

It does say that plastics and blades / decals are printed to order (which takes 5-7 days). So assuming that, and transit time to the US, it's very unlikely to have reached you.

I did order some blades 6 days ago, but don't expect them yet, given the above.

#32 4 years ago

I just order my stuff from him via email / paypal.
    Tell him what I am looking for, he sends a quote via email, I send him paypal and with in a month my parts show up.

#33 4 years ago

OK Thanks guys. I just did not know what to expect. I got the conformation email but that was it. Anyone know does he normally email once the item ships? I'll be a bit more patient, but with no reply to my emails I was a bit concerned if the place was even legit. Never ordered from him before.

#34 4 years ago

They are legit...no worries there.

#35 4 years ago
    Quoted from frank34obx:

OK Thanks guys. I just did not know what to expect. I got the conformation email but that was it. Anyone know does he normally email once the item ships? I'll be a bit more patient, but with no reply to my emails I was a bit concerned if the place was even legit. Never ordered from him before.

My stuff took about 6 weeks. showed up no issues.

#36 4 years ago

I ordered plastics..took about a month to rec

#37 4 years ago

I ordered on 10/08 and email stating is shipped on 10/14. Cold after that. Read this post and decided to check in. Seemed like a long time to wait. I have ordered before and never had any issues. My tracking information states my order is being held in US Customs. What do I do on my end?

#38 4 years ago

Ordered an alternate Freddy translite 3 weeks ago and got it today

#39 4 years ago
    Quoted from MG7322:

I ordered on 10/08 and email stating is shipped on 10/14. Cold after that. Read this post and decided to check in. Seemed like a long time to wait. I have ordered before and never had any issues. My tracking information states my order is being held in US Customs. What do I do on my end?

Nothing you can do. Wait it out.

#40 4 years ago

I emailed Pete @ Retro Refurbs earlier and just received a response. He’s been dealing with some family issues recently which has delayed some orders. Everything is okay and all orders will be sent out in the next couple of days. He asked me to let everyone know since he is unable to post on Pinside.

1 week later
    #41 4 years ago

All good. My order came in!

5 months later
    #42 3 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

I just ordered mine last week and can't wait too get it

#43 3 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

Did they ever send a tracking number with your order

#44 3 years ago

I have always received an email with the tracking info for all of my orders once they were ready to ship.

#45 3 years ago

Ordered Robocop plastics on 3/25 and they arrived on 4/14, had tracking order on same day as order. Package spent most of its time lounging around various points in the UK before being handed off to USPS which had it here in 3 days.

The plastics have a sharp print, look to be excellent cut and fitment with the only complaint being the blue color isn't close but considering out of the 6 pieces in the package I needed 5 of them I'm satisfied. Not much of a market for Robocop owners (1500 made) and I'm glad someone is producing these.

Please note the plastics shown have Lexan shields over them I made to protect them from airballs.

2f74ae83523788d2fb79714423a191e4af35daf8 (resized).jpg2f74ae83523788d2fb79714423a191e4af35daf8 (resized).jpg

#46 3 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Ordered Robocop plastics on 3/25 and they arrived on 4/14, had tracking order on same day as order. Package spent most of its time lounging around various points in the UK before being handed off to USPS which had it here in 3 days.
    The plastics have a sharp print, look to be excellent cut and fitment with the only complaint being the blue color isn't close but considering out of the 6 pieces in the package I needed 5 of them I'm satisfied. Not much of a market for Robocop owners (1500 made) and I'm glad someone is producing these.
    Please note the plastics shown have Lexan shields over them I made to protect them from airballs.
    [quoted image]

got mine from pinball center in germany a few years back, blue looked just like yours, that's all you can get unfortunately.

#47 3 years ago
    Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

got mine from pinball center in germany a few years back, blue looked just like yours, that's all you can get unfortunately.

I'm happy something is available. At least it isn't poorly aligned layers like some other vendor offerings.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-retro-refurb-still-around-placed-an-order-and-mia?hl=turtle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.