(Topic ID: 93305)

Is Quote indication Possible from my profile (Post) page?

By Chrisbee

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by jonnyo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

Is it possible to have a way of knowing if your comment has been “Quoted”, in a New post to a thread from my comments profile page? (this page - http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/profile/chrisbee)

Or is it already available?

When I look at my postings, I can see if any new posts have been added (Green indicator), which is fantastic. But it would be good to see when someone has added a new comment with a quote from me. Maybe something like a red indicator, when you have been quoted.

Blue – Unread
    Grey – Read
    Green – Read, now with new postings
    RED - Read, now with new postings that have used a Quote from My earlier post. (or something like this)

Sometime I don’t revisit a thread just cos a new comments have been added, but surely would if I had been quoted in the new comment.

#2 9 years ago

Not that I am aware of but sounds like a good idea.

#3 9 years ago

I'd rather just see anytime my handle was mentioned, which includes quotes. Kind of like twitter or facebook.

#4 9 years ago

I've seen this feature on other forums. It's handy for keeping track of conversation and who you might need to respond to. The "your activity" page only shows so much.

#5 9 years ago
    Quoted from btw75:

Kind of like twitter or facebook.

Something like FB would be good.

#6 9 years ago

Bump

#7 9 years ago

It's a great idea, but will take some coding to implement. I also need to think wether notifications should be done via PM notification, e-mail notification, only as a tab on your activity page or a combination of these options. If you have more ideas (in depth) how this feature could or should work, feel free to post 'em! As always, thanks for posting cool ideas how to improve the site!

#8 9 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

I also need to think wether notifications should be done via PM notification, e-mail notification, only as a tab on your activity page or a combination of these options.

Robin, I think just changing the Tab colour on a user’s activity page or something similar would be all that’s need, after a user uses the Block Quote feature.

Personally I don’t like filling my emails with notifications, I have turned off that feature in FB.
    Someone like Lloyd, it would be like spam!!

Maybe email notification could be a choice made by each user, but I think it should be kept simple for us Oldies, LOL!!!

I do a bit of VB coding and appreciate the effort involved, I’m also aware who is going to get stuck with this coding!!

2 months later
    #9 9 years ago

Bump, I think this is still worth pursuing.

Quoted from Chrisbee:

I think just changing the Tab colour on a user’s activity page or something similar would be all that’s need, after another user uses the Block Quote feature.

1 year later
    #10 8 years ago

Hi Robin, I still think this idea is worth entertaining.

#11 8 years ago

Persistent, aren't you?

#12 8 years ago

I participate in an IT community called Spiceworks (spiceworks.com). You get notifications if someone "spiced" (upvoted) your post as well as if someone replied.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-quote-indication-possible-from-my-profile-post-page and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.