(Topic ID: 213173)

Someone possibly pretending to be from Project Pinball and is not?...

By Porkfritter

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 39 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by mrossman5
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

15221115810231137284044 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mole.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#25 6 years ago

Hello,

We work hard with the Children's Hospitals and Ronald McDonald Houses across the United States. I am definitely sure our Project Pinball Charity is legit.
    We ask for volunteers to help all the time. If we do not have a placement project or locations at the time of request, we place the volunteer’s contact information in our communities file for when we need support in new locations. We don't stop talking to people just because they don't have money or machines to donate. We still need volunteer to help in their local communities. This is how our charity is able to grow to help more and more families across our nation.

We have a lot of moving parts. We are working with over 60 hospitals and RMHCs at this time, so we have a full plate but we would never be rude. At times, a donor has contacted us about a particular hospital or RMHC that we have been working with. It was nice because we had a contract for a placement hospital or RMHC location and volunteers ready to go.

This is mystery to me about several of these numbered questions, especially #2 Where I was angry (twice) with a supporter of our charity? I know for a fact that I would never have a conversation like that, ever. I am not sure which number that you were calling to get such an angry response. My direct number is 239-287-5497. My direct email is [email protected] Feel free to contact me so we can clear any confusion about how you can help your local hospital through our charity.

Can I have your contact information? That way I can do research on how to help move forward with your request for your local area.

Thank you,

Daniel Spolar
    Senior Director/ Founder
    Project Pinball Charity

Quoted from Porkfritter:

Hi everyone! I was wondering if anyone can tell me if they have worked with this charity before? I see tournaments supporting the charity and I love the concept!! I am also wondering if I stumbled upon the wrong form and there is someone pretending to be from the charity and is NOT.
    I ask because I filled out their volunteer form about a year ago inquiring about the possibility of placing a pinball machine in an Indiana children's hospital. I promptly heard back but after I let them know I was looking to volunteer my time and cost to maintain a machine, I never heard back. Once I said I didn't have the initial funds to purchase or a new machine to donate all contact ceased. I broke my neck about a year ago and spent a lot of time in the hospital and loved the idea, if I had heard back with more information I was prepared to ask many of the Dr.s who treated me for a small donation and also hit up friends. I know I could have made it happen!
    It is just odd because:
    1. I never heard a word back after my "I don’t have a machine or $$ right this minute." email (before that prompt responses)
    2. I called the number in the signature of their email and got a very ANGRY gentleman who told me twice to leave him alone. (yes I called twice to make sure I wasn't an idiot and dialed the wrong number) THIS IS NOT THE NUMBER ON THEIR WEBSITE but still was a 239-287 phone number
    3. I wrote them another email telling them of the situation (no response)
    4. Filled out another web form inquiry
    5. Called the phone number on the website and left a message
    6. Rinse and repeat again with same results
    7. Just gave up
    To say I was disappointed would be an understatement! I am thinking that once/if my health improves, I'll independently reach out to the local children's hospital independently. I am also in hopes that others my see this and reply with "Project Pinball" is awesome seeing it firsthand and I have outed a scammer who others might have or will stumble upon.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mole.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-project-pinball-legit?tu=mole and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.