IS PPS is going to make non LE?

By john041160

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Is PPS going to make non LEs as long as there is demand?
I thought I had heard that in earlier posts?

#2 9 years ago

Yes. Open ended run they said.

#3 9 years ago

Sweet. Will non-LEs be cheaper than the LEs were?

#4 9 years ago

same price

#5 9 years ago

I believe they will need to sell 1000 LEs before they would make any standards.

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Sweet. Will non-LEs be cheaper than the LEs were?

They should be cheaper.

#7 9 years ago

At the current rate, they'll start making standard editions in the year 2019

#8 9 years ago

I'm betting they don't. They will have a few left over LE's available for a while, and they won't have enough orders for standards to make it worthwhile. They will just move on to the next title.

#9 9 years ago

Trick question, PPS isn't making the games at all, Chicago Gaming is.

#10 9 years ago

I don't think they will need to make any. Why pay 8k plus shipping and applicable tax for standard when you could pick up a huo le for 8k or a bit less?

#11 9 years ago

On the PPS website they already sell a MMr standard...am I missing something?

#12 9 years ago

So what did most people pay for their mmr shipped? Im interested in possibility getting one if they can still be had for around the same price? id like the le version

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

So what did most people pay for their mmr shipped? Im interested in possibility getting one if they can still be had for around the same price? id like the le version

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-shipping-how-much

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from Fast-Ed:

They should be cheaper.

Not if the demand is strong. It's the same exact game as the LE, minus the shaker, plaque & powdercoat choice....let's just say the LE buyers got some perks for getting in early & having a ton of patience.

Quoted from extraballingtmc:

I don't think they will need to make any. Why pay 8k plus shipping and applicable tax for standard when you could pick up a huo le for 8k or a bit less?

Who's to say there will always be a HUO Le available for sale at any given time? Also remember that not every pinball buyer is "in the hobby". They buy retail & new.

I think people forget this is MM...a game that's so desirable that people were paying $20k for pristine examples & 2 companies have tried to remake it. Now that PPS/CGC have succeeded - they will be selling MMs for years. Demand will be there, people will still want one. The more that are out there, the more people will play them, the more word of mouth spreads, the more sell. If those shitty new Namco Pac-Man/Galaga cabinets are still selling after all these years - MMr will still be selling after all these years.

#15 9 years ago

I talked to to the MMr guys for a while at IAAPA last year, I asked them as an operator why should I pay nearly twice as much for an MMr with no license vs a modern stern pro and the response I got was "yaaaa... we are working on that"

I am still hopeful, I would love to add MMr to my route but for $8k? ya no thanks

a WOZ would do better on route than MMr for that kind of crazy pricing

#16 9 years ago

No coin mechs either

#17 9 years ago

Mmr and the other boutique titles we not made or priced for being on route . End of story

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Mmr and the other boutique titles we not made or priced for being on route . End of story

You always hear that ops don't sell their MMs cuz they still earn. Ops also say that games with LEDs earn better. Being an improved version of a proven earner, perhaps some ops would buy a MMr for $8k.

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

If you really want one call some of the distributors listed on the PPS website. Based on recent posts here it sounds like some still have LEs for sale. So no need to order an SE and pay the same amount for fewer features (and a longer wait).

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You always hear that ops don't sell their MMs cuz they still earn. Ops also say that games with LEDs earn better. Being an improved version of a proven earner, perhaps some ops would buy a MMr for $8k.

Yeah I'd think MMr would probably be better for route operating than the regular MM. New and (hopefully) more reliable boards, LED lighting, new clear coated playfield, and of course it's still the same high earning game that it always has been.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 64.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-pps-is-going-to-make-non-le and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.