Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 40 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Azmodeus
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

fernanda-lima-cabelo-ombre-malibu-59637.jpg
    charopic.jpg
    Planetary.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider alexsmendes.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

I'm from Brazil and for the last couple of months I tried several times to contact planetary pinball... tried their web-page, filled their "customer service" form, sent 3 e-mails to "[email protected]''.... but got absolutely no response at all. NADA!!!!!

Well, I'm just wondering if they are a serious company or not.....

#4 8 years ago
    Quoted from Ballypinball:

You said the magic word Brazil

So, what's your (and planetary pinball's) problem with that? Maybe lack of respect?

#7 8 years ago
    Quoted from dgoett:

you would probably have better luck finding a USA pinsider you trust order for you and handle the shipping to you.
    might be the best solution.
    We have no problem with Brazil. We love you guys!

Yeah, thanks man! See, I got some really nice pinside friends here, and not only from the US, so that would be not a problem at all!

Fact is that I was trying to ask a question about a specific product.... Just needed some clarification before ordering, but seems that I was completely ignored!

#15 8 years ago

WOW!!!! Guess what? I just received a reply from PPS, from the e-mail I sent on Nov, 21!

Although unfortunately the reply was negative...., the items I was looking for are out of stock.... Are they?

#17 8 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

How would we know if you won't tell us what you're looking for? And just curious, what happened when you called this number?:

Planetary.png

Well, it was a rhetorical question, I don't expect anyone to really answer me....
    Anyway, I never tried to phone them.... why would I make an international call when they didn't bother to reply any of my several msgs?

#20 8 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

I'd suggest getting a better phone plan if International calls are going to be a problem.

Yeah, I gotta save money to buy more pins!

#23 8 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

You would call them because they never answered any of your messages...or was that a rhetorical question also?

Funny... at my work, I'm the one who shall go and reach out to customers, not the other way around..... I wish I had customers begging to buy from me, so I could ignore them!

#24 8 years ago
    Quoted from Flake:

Something to remember - The 21st was a Saturday and the following week was a holiday week. Not that it's excusable but I try to be a little more lenient over email return time during holidays.
    I've never had any communication issues with them over MMR but my experience may not have been the norm.

The Nov,21st msg was the last mail I sent. My first attempt to contact them was back in October....

#27 8 years ago
    Quoted from roc-noc:

I can speak to that. I have a web based company and we ship products all over the world. It used to be Indonesia where all the fraud orders came from. The last two years Indonesia has been replaced by Brazil. There is no disrespect to you. But statistically it is risky for us to ship orders to Brazil or even to a forwarder that is reshipping to Brazil.
    I think it might have to do with the high duty that you have to pay when you import products from the US. I am told that it is 100% of the price.
    Two years ago, my first burn was $1000 in product that was shipped to Brazil by USPS and insured. Tracking showed that it stopped in customs and the customer never picked it up. We could never communicate with customs to get it returned to us. And of course the customer charged us back for the $1000. And USPS said that it had been delivered (to customs) so their insurance would not pay.

Well, I can relate to that, and I'm sorry to hear about this problem that happened to you...

Yes, most of the times shipments are held in customs, sometimes for over a month, and the custom taxes are 60% of the whole value (products + shipping).

So, supporting this hobby here in Brazil surely is not easy ($$) for us as it is for you guys, but that's something that I myself am completely aware of, and there's nothing I can do except to be ok with it!

Scammers unfortunately are everywhere. Thank god my conscience is clean... though I also had some problems in the past, I tend to believe I've always been completely honest with every vendor!

#29 8 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

Since this thread is doomed to spin off into a referendum on PPS, I'll put in my 2 cents. I've had great service from PPS and Bay Area Amusements, over at least 10 years. They answer the phone on the second ring. They very proactively fixed a snafu where Stern had labeled a ramp incorrectly: they sent out the correct ramp the same day, and emailed me a label to ship the other one back.
    And of course, we are begging PPS for products, and they are delivering them. You must have missed the Illinois Pinball days if you're unhappy with PPS; Rick is actually doing something with all of the molds, silkscreens and licensed properties.

I've also bought from BAA, several times indeed... I'm a BAA happy customer for almost a decade now.... last time I had my order delivered to the hotel I was staying in Vegas and the package arrived in 2 days!

But I never bought from PPS, mainly because I just didn't have to. What happened now is that I was suggested to look for them, in order to find a specific product that was not listed at their web-page, so I asked and never got a single reply (until today)!

#31 8 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

I can't believe nobody has brought up Brazilian babes.....

here's for you... fernanda-lima-cabelo-ombre-malibu-59637.jpgfernanda-lima-cabelo-ombre-malibu-59637.jpg

#33 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Ai-yi-yi!!!
    charopic.jpg

I think that one is from jersey....

#35 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Yeah...but she's probably got an annoying accent.

Ok you can keep her.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider alexsmendes.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-planetary-pinball-a-valid-vendor?tu=alexsmendes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.