Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 168 posts
  • 73 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Reznnate
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2022-01-20 at 6.57.01 AM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-20 at 6.57.19 AM (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2021-11-05 at 10.24.25 AM (resized).png
    BD5BFC2E-0858-4896-A0A2-77161B21CF02 (resized).jpeg
    Stadium_lights (resized).jpg
    59AF1DDA-0CDD-45C3-98BE-3651BAA3693F (resized).jpeg
    woz before (resized).JPG
    woz after (resized).JPG
    03dfcc4d2d2effa3a824df53058e81213cf16a9d_png_png (resized).jpg
    20171106_235609 (resized).jpg
    20171109_123404 (resized).jpg
    dominos_pinball (resized).jpg
    blackrose (resized).jpg
    black_rose (resized).png
    woz horizontal (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yelobird.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#31 6 years ago

I personally can't say #1 on any Mod list as I think that title is Very selective and Very much of personal taste and also in this case depends on the environment your games are in. I have installed these on several games and the Absolutely look Incredible. Not to come off as an infomercial but there really isn't much not to Like about the product. It's simple, easily removable, highlights All the beautiful playfield art as it should be seen, and its easily configurable to taste. In seconds you can set the light level from barely a glow to dam near sunlight! lol All at the Users taste. As for the show, I did talk with Scott and as this is his Marketing Booth yes he had those awesome bad boys turned up to Nuclear Bright since the product needed to be Shown and the room was already Lit for hotel exhibit safety. It's true that not Everyone loves change or anything (mod or otherwise) not naturally received with the game but thats the beauty of this product. It is a universal solution for most All games that is easily installed/setup/controlled or not required for those that don't wish to. There are a few games that could easily get by without this market solution but there are also Many more that Really need it! I played Alien tonight, Neat game but for the life of me (or possibly my age) I could not even See the playfield let alone a Ball!! I love the product and the support and guidance from the Pin Stadium team is Beyond outstanding for anyone considering the product! And to #pipes comment.... Since when can you only kill Zombies at Night?? lol Have you Watched "The Walking Dead"? They are not Vampires, they are Walking Dead!?? lol Sorry just didn't get his point.

#33 6 years ago
    Quoted from hoby1:

What are they actually..... Led strips on channel that are hooked into the GI. Seems expensive if thats all they are. LMK and THX

Very true observation and to be honest that was actually my first thought when I seen this product released. As a Mod maker of sorts myself I thought that can't be so hard? That changed when I seen the product. These are NOT Amazon LED strips. He has these Custom manufactured for not only power requirements but also a true dispersed light. Way outside my DIY ability. They are controlled by your game via a very crafty created controller board and the kits I recieved were plug and play to the system of choice. Yes, not a cheap upgrade (I'm Cheap!) but after I bit the bullet I must say it was the Best money I personally have spent on my (select) machines in a long while. For me and my setup, I could buy this flexible creative solution or invest in (last I checked) $300 special pinball glass and $20 duck bills to shade my DMD from glare. This to me and my setup was a great solution to solve many pesky glare etc issues while drastically improving the feel and enjoyment of Play which is why I enjoy Pinball. To play.

#74 6 years ago
    Quoted from Gorgar123:

I have had mine for a few weeks and just posted a review in the main thread, so I will not rehash everything there.
    I don't know if it is the single greatest mod ever, but I would say that the improvement to my WOZ was the most dramatic of any mod I have ever purchased for any of my games. So, for dark games, yes, it might be the greatest mod ever.
    And to those saying it makes everything too bright or look washed out, it is customizable (through a very easy to use app) from 1 to 100 in terms of brightness for both the general white channel and the infinite number of custom colors you can create in the other channel. Everything being too bright or washed out was a concern of mine before I got it, but you really have complete control of the brightness and color levels and can dial it in to your personal tastes or room conditions.

Wow there IS a yellow brick road in that game! Lol. Now that’s how the art Should be presented! This game like many are a prime example of this not being a Mod but more of a Requirement. Thanks for sharing!

#89 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballer22:

Ordered my first set today, can’t wait to try them out!

Just be warned, they are like Pinball and potato chips, you can't just have one! lol

#95 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Truly annoying and it's just goddamn spam. Spam every fucking owner threads with links to selling the shit.

While not taking sides, how is it spam to represent or even promote your product in a Pinstadium thread which for the record they did Not start??? Only met Scott (Pin Stadium guy) one time at a show and he is the Least pushy sales guy you will meet! Because a few pinside collectors like a product and enjoy showing off what they did on Their machine does not mean the product or seller is Marketing?? If you wanted to avoid it you Could not enter the Pin Stadium Thread!?!?! Again, not taking sides but I personally like the product and it was a Great upgrade for Me which I am proud to recommend to any fellow pin collector Without Marketing Push, spam, or direction from the seller. If it says Pin Stadium, just Avoid the Thread! Problem solved!!! lol

#101 6 years ago
    Quoted from TKDalumni:

I'm sure most of the posting is coming from people that got the product for free in return for favorable reviews. Nothing new...

While I won't share my CC info I can assure you My opinion was Not funded by Anything free not even a discount! If I believe in a product I am more than happy to share my experience. Both in the game thread (club?) of interest or the product topic thread. I will however also share if I do NOT like a product in both the same way! This product for Me was a great upgrade which I and my family enjoy. I doubt the owner of Pin Stadium can stop Anyone from posting positive Or negative feedback in any thread was my only point. Yes I do agree when I am not interested in something I do dislike when its the new Trending topic or they derail a topic thread to pitch but I try to respect that that is That individuals right to share how they feel in an open forum. When the Seller starts bombing sales pitches thats a Totally different story. From what I have seen, (though I haven't searched) Scott and PS only Responds to topics that inquire about his product. Rarely does he Start the topic other than his own. All good and I respect your opinion.

#107 6 years ago

Your observations are fair though in half your examples a bit biased. In over half the examples if you thread up a few posts the seller is simply responding to someone questioning or showing off his product. Kind of like letting ringing the salesmen's door. I won't side an opinion if that is good or bad as then I would be pushing the product. Totally respect your position and opinion. Sadly if you dislike a product in an open forum all you really can do is skim past it just like opinions mine included... They have a pretty hot product and I don't totally fault the seller for letting the world know it's out there. The Block feature would be the best forum source for avoidance.

#121 6 years ago
    Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Pin stadium's "before" pictures are deceptive. Everyone knows when you take a picture of anything without the flash turned on the picture turns out like crap. Pins that look fine and perfectly well lit up in "person" will look dark and terrible when a picture is taken in the dark with the flash on the camera turned off. My MET Pro looks great in the dark when I play it, I can see everything perfectly and the lighting is great. If I take a picture with a good camera with the flash off I know it will look very dark in the photo. The problem is the manner in which these pictures are being taken.

Only because it seems like the seller is getting lambbasted, you are correct. I have a MET Pro and no way does it need the PS lighting. In fact Many games don't need it. That doesn't however make it a bad product? Nor does it mean I or the hundreds of buyers are foolish for buying them? Yes he has pushed his product a Bit much beyond the comfort of the forum but it really is a great product for those game rooms like mine that have Some darker themed games and poor to no lighting that creates more glare than play. Yes I could buy $300 glass but this was my choice and it does work. For Me. Just an observation to prove my point, I have not seen a Single post of someone who Purchased and Used his product that didn't like it? Yes I Absolutely agree with Everyones point on him considering staying zoned in his product thread. No question. I think he just has a very useful (for some!) product that crosses over the Universal catagory and hasn't found a way to market it in a universal method. I'm actually a bit jealous I didn't think of it! Or Pinblades!! Seems so simple and for the right title they just fit. YMMV!

#123 6 years ago
    Quoted from bwrightmcse:

Just installed my new and first PinStadium light set, thought I would post my review. It took about 30mins only because I wasn't 100% clear on what to connect too for flasher. I pinged Scott by email and he replied within minutes and walked me thru it. Overall it was an easy install and easy to connect to wifi. There were a lot of preconfigured color/patterns to choose from. I chose pretty much a white and light yellow as my WoZ was close to unplayable in a dark room other that aiming for a colored light.
    I am attaching before and after pictures. Taken with the glass on, no flash and on HD on using my iPhone 6.
    Full disclosure I added the green at the back right and the red between the flippers a while back. I also added a few flood lights that I have turned off for the pictures.
    Also JFYI I also have no affiliation with PinStadium whatsoever.
    I bought the full package with GI and UV Glow flashers tied to the witch going up and down. The UV Glow is cool looking in hind sight I think a red flasher to match the smoke witch may have been a better choice but the UV still looks good. It is pretty bright and I must confess I doubt it would be a good choice for all pins but defiantly cool for the dark ones. It brought my WoZ back to life and I am grateful for that as it has sat unplayed for almost 2 years.
    I will be buying a few more, the price was a little high for the full package, but not unreasonable as it seems custom designed boards with wifi integration and a custom made iOS app had to be built to support it. I'm in IT so I can appreciate how much R&D must have went into this.
    For those on the fence I would say buy with confidence. Its a cool light set that is totally adjustable brightness and color.
    Easy to install and breathes new life into dark games.
    ~Blair

Looks great. Dam I love the witch Mod. Looks like the list is closed unfortunately. Does that tornado thing light up?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yelobird.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-pinstadium-the-single-greatest-mod?tu=yelobird and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.