Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 168 posts
  • 73 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Reznnate
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2022-01-20 at 6.57.01 AM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-20 at 6.57.19 AM (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2021-11-05 at 10.24.25 AM (resized).png
    BD5BFC2E-0858-4896-A0A2-77161B21CF02 (resized).jpeg
    Stadium_lights (resized).jpg
    59AF1DDA-0CDD-45C3-98BE-3651BAA3693F (resized).jpeg
    woz before (resized).JPG
    woz after (resized).JPG
    03dfcc4d2d2effa3a824df53058e81213cf16a9d_png_png (resized).jpg
    20171106_235609 (resized).jpg
    20171109_123404 (resized).jpg
    dominos_pinball (resized).jpg
    blackrose (resized).jpg
    black_rose (resized).png
    woz horizontal (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bobukcat.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#25 6 years ago
    Quoted from brenna98:

Some mods are easier to remove than others. Plus, mods don't necessarily add value to a game unless the buyer sees value in it.
    If the new buyer wants a the external subwoofer, he can buy it from me or Amazon. Makes no difference. I'm not giving it away.
    Speaking of removable. Looks like the pinstadium lights utilize an adhesive magnet tape on the inside of the cabinet walls.
    Is this easily removed without damage?
    Can I buy more magnet tape so I can move the lights to a different game?
    And, are there videos to show the difference that the flasher colors make?

Yes, to all of these. I don't see them on the site yet but I know Scott was offering additional mag strips and the adhesive should come off regular sides, mirror blades or side art easily enough with a little heat and clean up afterwards. Scott has mirror or art blades in a lot of his games so I know he had those things in mind when he designed these. I haven't seen the colors other than UV Glow for flashers in action.

#45 6 years ago
    Quoted from hoby1:

What are they actually..... Led strips on channel that are hooked into the GI. Seems expensive if thats all they are. LMK and THX

First thing I thought when I saw the posts about them, and then I actually saw them in person, saw how they are mounted, how they can be controlled and how easily removable they are - it's clearly much, much more than it first appears to be. That being said it certainly isn't for everyone (what is) and definitely not for every game. I'm an incandescent guy for the most part and if I do convert to LEDs it's low-output warm whites (I love the Comet retro ones) except for certain games. But WOZ and Pinball Magic are two great example of where this product resolves a major problem with the game IMO and I know there are others. On the other hand my STTNG will probably never see them installed because I think that game looks great just the way it is. The fact the mod is super easy to remove if you want to sell a game adds value to it to me, just like PDI / Invisiglass it's not game specific (caveat, you do have to have the proper power adapter but that's minor).

As for greatest mod ever, sorry Scott but my vote for that goes to Cliffy protectors.

#73 6 years ago
    Quoted from Gorgar123:

I have had mine for a few weeks and just posted a review in the main thread, so I will not rehash everything there.
    I don't know if it is the single greatest mod ever, but I would say that the improvement to my WOZ was the most dramatic of any mod I have ever purchased for any of my games. So, for dark games, yes, it might be the greatest mod ever.
    And to those saying it makes everything too bright or look washed out, it is customizable (through a very easy to use app) from 1 to 100 in terms of brightness for both the general white channel and the infinite number of custom colors you can create in the other channel. Everything being too bright or washed out was a concern of mine before I got it, but you really have complete control of the brightness and color levels and can dial it in to your personal tastes or room conditions.

I agree they are incredible on WOZ and really make the game playable in a dark room which it really isn't otherwise.

#81 6 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Oh and these things are durable. I’ve forgotten to take them off before lifting the playfield and also dropped them multiple times.
    I don’t suggest doing any of this stuff but they can take a beating from what I’ve seen.

Yeah, I had one of mine crunched between the back of the PF and cabinet opening when lowering the PF in Pinball Magic (unusual playfield tilt / removal on that game) one time. It had slipped while I was lowering and I thought for sure it would be bent and or some LEDs would be damaged - nope, no worse for wear, though I wouldn't really recommend doing that to them.

1 week later
    #126 6 years ago
    Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Your "before" picture proves my point though. "In person" the woz that I used to own never looked that dark. It's just the picture you took that makes it appear that it is darker than it actually is. My WOZ was so bright I had to go into the settings and turn down the brightness, on the maximum settings it was just too much for my eyes. Installing Pin Stadium on a WOZ would be total overkill, in my opinion. Lighting has to be balanced, too much bright ambient light washes everything out. I think people have to separate the photos from what it looks like in real life. In the end, it's all subjective, Pin Stadium is just not for me.

I took mine with a DSLR in manual mode so I could ensure fair and balanced conditions. But you have to be the only person I've ever heard say WOZ was too bright from the factory. I don't like my games super bright and have good control of the lighting in my game room but what was good for my other games still left WOZ too dark to see the ball reliably - and it's hard enough without being handicapped by that. Just look at how many people put lit Winkie targets in to add light to that upper part of the playfield! Multiple mods for putting LED strips on the apron and spots on the slings are common on this game as well so perhaps your pupils are extra large or your eyes are just super sensitive to light. I can accept the "it's not for me" and calling Scott out for over-promoting his product on this site but calling WOZ too bright, or even bright enough, makes me question your opinion.

#132 6 years ago

I never had a problem seeing the balls on my WOZ, even in the dark. Any camera, no matter what it is, can only take a picture as good as the lighting conditions. I can tell that the picture was not taken with the flash on. Turn on the cameras flash and the picture would turn out completely different, that's all I'm saying.

Well of course the flash would make it visible but I don't play with a flash on! The pictures I took are very representative of the lighting in my room with and without PS lights on. I can't speak for what others have done but I made sure that mine weren't exaggerated by the camera in any way. There aren't any settings to adjust lighting on WOZ either so you're memory is incorrect on that point.

#144 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

You also don't play pinball looking through a camera, you play with your eyes which are much better at dealing with light than a camera

Very true, but when taking pictures with a good DSLR and lens you can definitely simulate what your eyes and brain perceive by comparing the output to what you are seeing with your eyes and adjusting the camera settings until they match or are at least very close. Using a flash for the purposes of this exercise would be completely counter-productive.

#145 6 years ago
    Quoted from jake35:

That's it? Wow. That's 20.00 right there.

You know there's a custom control board with flasher and GI integration as well as Wi-Fi connectivity and an application that lets you fully control color and brightness, right? I think that's a little more than $20 right there.

#147 6 years ago

Since I don't think WOZ needs extra lighting then why would I care??? Yes, I know everything about Pin Stadium, it's all over pinside, pops up everywhere you can't miss it

If you don't care about it then why are you posting in a thread about said product??

#148 6 years ago

I owned a woz for a long time. Those pics are not representative. Yes, you can adjust the brightness of the lighting in the settings, I did it.

Sorry, I think you and I are talking about a different set of pictures and that's probably my fault. Mine are posted in the Pin Stadium product thread.

#150 6 years ago

I was talking about the pics posted right above.

Yes, I realized that when I went back and looked at the posts and that was why I said it was probably my fault, my posts were referring to the pictures I posted not the ones you were talking about. I should have clarified that sooner.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bobukcat.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-pinstadium-the-single-greatest-mod?tu=bobukcat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.