Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 168 posts
  • 73 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Reznnate
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2022-01-20 at 6.57.01 AM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-20 at 6.57.19 AM (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2021-11-05 at 10.24.25 AM (resized).png
    BD5BFC2E-0858-4896-A0A2-77161B21CF02 (resized).jpeg
    Stadium_lights (resized).jpg
    59AF1DDA-0CDD-45C3-98BE-3651BAA3693F (resized).jpeg
    woz before (resized).JPG
    woz after (resized).JPG
    03dfcc4d2d2effa3a824df53058e81213cf16a9d_png_png (resized).jpg
    20171106_235609 (resized).jpg
    20171109_123404 (resized).jpg
    dominos_pinball (resized).jpg
    blackrose (resized).jpg
    black_rose (resized).png
    woz horizontal (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Vdrums.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

I received my Pinstadium today and while I have no affiliation with the company, my feeling is that It may be the single greatest mod available (at least for a great many machines that aren't considered well lit - I.e. Non-recent machines)

I installed it on my Addams Family, which has full LED's but is still probably a fairly dark game. But there are quite a few games I play on location that are much darker, especially Indiana Jones, which I can barely see.

It has also significantly reduced glare coming from outside the machine (including DMD glare). However fingerprints and scratches on the glass do show up significantly more as well)

I've looked at the benefits of invisiglass on location, and I have a color DMD, but in comparison, those two significantly beneficial mods, in my mind would have to be ranked after Pinstadium in order of benefit to the machine and game play.

I've never heard Pinsound in person (only online) or upgraded speakers, so I can't comment on them, but I think I'd have to rank them behind Pinstadium in order of necessity. (And that's coming from someone's who's main hobby is high end audio)

I've attached a before and 2 after pics of my machine (one warm and the other with bluish light just to show its versatility) I tried to control for exposure as best I could, but they are only iPhone6 shots and don't really do justice to how much of an improvement Pinstadium makes.

Please feel free to post your thoughts on your most beneficial mod.

Original lightingOriginal lighting
    IMG_3596 (resized).JPGIMG_3596 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3593 (resized).JPGIMG_3593 (resized).JPG

Other thoughts - the app is very well written since the owner's other profession is as an app coder. Customer service is great and responsive to problems.

My only negative is that the flasher option - while it looks amazing is perhaps a bit strong, possibly depending on how high you set the GI lighting on the app. But it can be disconnected if it proves too strong.

The GI option is highly recommended since it dims (or completely shuts off) in synch with the game's main GI lighting. It is extremely dramatic, and has brought my Addams Family to a new level, and I think may possibly even improve scores since the ball is easier to see.

#18 6 years ago

While pictures and the settings used for illustration tend to show huge differences from the original, the Pinstadium allows for very subtle lighting enhancements as well.

You can fill in as much or little light as desired, and it really has to be seen in person to be appreciated.

#28 6 years ago
    Quoted from fxdwg:

Since installing it in my TWD:premium. Wow. My scores have doubled or tripled. No lie. I had issues tracking the ball before on that machine. Now not so much.

This says a lot about why I'm so high on this mod. How many other mods can actually improve your score?

#56 6 years ago

Just to be clear these are nothing like standard LED light strips. They have a wifi interface, GI interface with your machine (including power from the pin), flasher interface, housing to block the light sources from view, and magnetic mount system. An extremely well thought out product.

1 week later
    #124 6 years ago

I'll Chime in as the OP. First I'm just full price paying customer. Obviously I'm super impressed with the results on my TAF. I did try to expose the before and after pics in a way that represents what my eye is seeing. Yes I agree that some of the before pics are not representative of what they actually look like. It's quite subjective to expose how it looks to the eye. Yes the DI before pic should be redone or eliminated because it bears no resemblance to what the game actually looks like.

I agree that Scott may have gone too far in posting on many threads. He probably just got too over enthusiaststic about his new product and the reception it has received. I can imagine myself in that situation (binging a new product to market) and might over do it myself - wanting to make a big splash. Perhaps he has learned a valuable lesson and will let the word spread more organically from this point forward as more people discover his product.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Vdrums.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-pinstadium-the-single-greatest-mod?tu=Vdrums and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.