(Topic ID: 172404)

Is Pinsound for Whitestar ever going to happen?

By FlippyD

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

lotrpsocd (resized).JPG
PinSound.jpg
IMG_9941 (resized).JPG
IMG_9940 (resized).JPG
IMG_9939 (resized).JPG
IMG_9937 (resized).JPG
#1 7 years ago

I have a Pinsound in my IJA and love it. I picked up a LOTR and really want it to have better sound and actual clips from the movies. I'm already working on putting together the sound files but I haven't seen any news on when or if Whitestar/Sega support is going to happen. Don't want to waste my time if it's never going to happen.

Anybody heard anything?

#2 7 years ago

Yes it will happen, but we don't have a release date yet.
The latest production samples works fine, we're now working on the production.

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from PinSound:

Yes it will happen, but we don't have a release date yet.
The latest production samples works fine, we're now working on the production.

Merci! Keep up the great work

#4 7 years ago

will the new board still be compatible with wpc89 etc... ?

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from Bos007:

will the new board still be compatible with wpc89 etc... ?

One PinSound board to sound them all...
Only the SEGA/STERN Whitestar adapter is specifically designed for these pinball machines

#6 7 years ago

I was looking to I purchase a PinSound board for my LAH.
I still should be able to reuse the board later on a whitestar (through an adapter) ?

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from Bos007:

I was looking to I purchase a PinSound board for my LAH.
I still should be able to reuse the board later on a whitestar (through an adapter) ?

Yes your PinSound board will be compatible.
You'll only need the whitestar adapter.

1 week later
#8 7 years ago

Just a few pics of the PinSound board into a Whitestar (SEGA / STERN) pinball machine, everything runs perfectly.

We still don’t know when it’ll be available, but it’ll be definitely sooner than later!

IMG_9937 (resized).JPGIMG_9937 (resized).JPG

IMG_9939 (resized).JPGIMG_9939 (resized).JPG

IMG_9940 (resized).JPGIMG_9940 (resized).JPG

IMG_9941 (resized).JPGIMG_9941 (resized).JPG

#9 7 years ago

Great news! Definitely getting one for LOTR!

#10 7 years ago

Wooohooooo!

2 months later
#11 7 years ago
Quoted from PinSound:

Just a few pics of the PinSound board into a Whitestar (SEGA / STERN) pinball machine, everything runs perfectly.
We still don’t know when it’ll be available, but it’ll be definitely sooner than later!

Is it sooner yet? The suspense is killing me!! Are you ready to take my money yet??

#12 7 years ago

Hoping this is sometime in 2017!

2 months later
#13 7 years ago

Any news from Texas?

#14 7 years ago

Just tried to install one of these in my TAFG!! Could,nt find the file to upload it! no directions where this file could be found!Nothing to indicate where to find this wonderful new sounds to download!When they ask you what pin your buying it for,they are supposed to at least give you the damm file already in the thumb drive,but no!! So,far,this is expensive bullshit!!

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Just tried to install one of these in my TAFG!! Could,nt find the file to upload it! no directions where this file could be found!Nothing to indicate where to find this wonderful new sounds to download!When they ask you what pin your buying it for,they are supposed to at least give you the damm file already in the thumb drive,but no!! So,far,this is expensive bullshit!!

Lighten up, Francis (Stripes reference). Here is the link to where you can d/l the files you are looking for (will need to setup an account here). http://pinsound-community.org/forum/index.php?app=downloads&showcat=21 Apparently, there are licensing considerations when it comes to some pins so they cannot include these audio files with purchase (at least that's what I'm figuring out from what the community is saying).

Also, you do need a little tech savvy to get this up and running, or at least customized. Also, at least in my case, I'm going to have to rewire the speakers for stereo sound which will not be a big deal.

Personally, I am buying mine next weekend at TPF. However, I have already fully remastered music and completely re-orchestrated the sound for my Getaway HS2 pin, all from what I've read on the PinSound site, the forum, and watching videos on YouTube. Thus far, documentation does not appear to be the greatest, but the product is incredible, and the community is quite helpful.

PinSound.jpgPinSound.jpg

4 months later
#16 6 years ago

I can see that this is finally available at the Pinsounds homepage!
Anyone who have tried it out yet?
I'm ready to buy for my LOTR but would be nice to hear someone who has this up and running first

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from KenEberhardt:

I can see that this is finally available at the Pinsounds homepage!
Anyone who have tried it out yet?
I'm ready to buy for my LOTR but would be nice to hear someone who has this up and running first

Yes I have one installed in my LOTR and it's great!

There is an OST mix of LOTR on the Pinsound community pages but I'm working on my own mix, preview here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-lord-of-the-rings-journey-begins-members-club/page/35#post-3890274

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Yes I have one installed in my LOTR and it's great!
There is an OST mix of LOTR on the Pinsound community pages but I'm working on my own mix, preview here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-lord-of-the-rings-journey-begins-members-club/page/35#post-3890274

Question for thewool : do you also have LED OCD boards installed? Just curious on how the room in the back box works out as they both recommend installling them in the same place.....

#19 6 years ago

Yes, I will have the same OCD challenge - but presume it is just a matter of moving and fitting both...
@thewoll : Good to hear that it works out there and looking fwd to you edition - great start!

#20 6 years ago

Hi both, in LOTR? No I don't I'm afraid. I know what you mean though as it is tight in there.

#21 6 years ago

Does this mean no more terrible hagar in nascar???

#22 6 years ago

Anyone with a new Elvis mix?

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Question for thewool : do you also have LED OCD boards installed? Just curious on how the room in the back box works out as they both recommend installling them in the same place.....

Works fine! Just install the Pinsound board higher up on the metal back plate. There's room for the LEDOCD at the bottom. Here's a pic of mine I installed today...

lotrpsocd (resized).JPGlotrpsocd (resized).JPG

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from dgposter:

Works fine! Just install the Pinsound board higher up on the metal back plate. There's room for the LEDOCD at the bottom. Here's a pic of mine I installed today...

YES!!! You = my hero. Thanks I feel so much better now knowing I didn't just blow $400 beans on something that doesn't fit with my LED OCD

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

10,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Juneau, WI
9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 25.00
$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 12.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

€ 7.50
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 41.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 39.50
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-pinsound-for-whitestar-ever-going-to-happen and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.