Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 103 posts
  • 69 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Wiggles
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Web capture_16-3-2022_133442_pinside.com (resized).jpeg
    Web capture_16-3-2022_125913_pinside.com (resized).jpeg
    last 10 years (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iloveplywood.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 5 years ago
    Quoted from Liakos:

In the beginning I would use top 100 list as a guide to steer me right, towards buying a pin, as its harder in Canada to find barcades to play them in order to form an opinion....
    Are the top 10 games currently worthy to be in that spot ? ... or is it because with over 1000 ratings over a 20 yr timespan they hold up to that position?
    For example I want to buy a tna and cant find one locally to play... I look at pinside reviews and people who own it obviously rate it a 9+ and ironically I see that they have it for sale... it's almost as soon as we get the game we rate it high to help contribute keeping it high so we can resell at some point with a minimal hit...?
    I mean do u guys thinks a William's top title or even little lower like a Tom, totan rate higher and are better games than the newer games being pumped out currently?
    Is an afm or mb really the number 1 game?
    Cuz if mb was the greatest it would be the best for a 1 pin collection yet everyone advises against that....?
    Should I just stop looking at the 100 list.?
    Is it credible source? I have not seen anyone give a bad review to a game they own..
    Coincidence? ....
    Thoughts?

Most people that buy a pinball machine like it so owners are heavily biased in favor of the game -- I really don't think there's a lot of nefarious review pumping to keep the value of their game up. I have a TNA and my family loves it. I'm still hesitant to rate it because I have little idea how it stacks up to any other machine I haven't owned, maybe I'd like Fish Tales even more -- I don't know. Combine this with the fact that pinball is super subjective and the ratings become fairly useless outside of entertainment value. I admit I still look at how people rate games and I'll often check to see if people still own their "bolted to the floor" game a year later (not usually), but in the end I doubt it helps me at all. Now sometimes the written reviews can be mildly helpful as you might find that their reasons for liking or disliking a game match your own taste. It's better than nothing at least . . . maybe.

Honestly, if you're not a picky person the odds are you'll like most pinball machines in the top 100 whose theme doesn't offend you. Best thing to do is decide what style of game (short vs long ball time, flow versus stop and go,modern, solid state, EM) you want next and then narrow down the list accordingly. Then if you can't play them pick one from that list that has the most compelling theme.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iloveplywood.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-pinside-top-100-credible-anymore?tu=iloveplywood and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.