Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 103 posts
  • 69 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Wiggles
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Web capture_16-3-2022_133442_pinside.com (resized).jpeg
    Web capture_16-3-2022_125913_pinside.com (resized).jpeg
    last 10 years (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider forceflow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 4 years ago
    Quoted from Liakos:

Are the top 10 games currently worthy to be in that spot ?

For the most part. However, when there is a recent new game release, that new game tends to shoot up on the list for a short time as fans of the game rate it high, then it settles back down to a spot where it usually stays as it gets some more realistic/balanced reviews.

Quoted from Liakos:

For example I want to buy a tna and cant find one locally to play... I look at pinside reviews and people who own it obviously rate it a 9+

Personally, I rated it a bit on the low side. While I applaud the journey that game took in order for it to become a production game and think it is an amazing feat, I don't like playing the game itself very much. Tournament players seem to go wild over it, but since I'm more of a casual player, I don't really enjoy it.

Quoted from Liakos:

I see that they have it for sale... it's almost as soon as we get the game we rate it high to help contribute keeping it high so we can resell at some point with a minimal hit...?

There are a lot of different reasons why game owners seem to churn through games. Some don't have much space, so they sometimes cycle through games quickly. Sometimes they just want the latest & greatest, sometimes they sell to fund new purchases...any number of reasons. But yes, some people do try to pump up a game before they sell it in order to try to prevent the resale price from sinking too much. How successful that really is, I have no idea. It really depends on the game, how quickly the games are being produced, and how much demand there is for it.

Quoted from Liakos:

mean do u guys thinks a William's top title or even little lower like a Tom, totan rate higher and are better games than the newer games being pumped out currently?

Yes. Some of the classic games are still pretty fun. While a few tend to stay at the top of the list, keep in mind that not *all* classic games are high up on the list. Some are great, some are just good, some are simply ok. Some of the new games can be good too, but some can also just be mediocre.

Personally, I don't limit myself to a particular era or manufacturer. I'll play anything. If I like it, I'll play it again. And if I still like it, I'll continue to play it. It's really just about having fun. So, the games that are fun and have more replay value that make you want to come back for more, are usually ranked higher on the list.

Quoted from Liakos:

Cuz if mb was the greatest it would be the best for a 1 pin collection yet everyone advises against that....?

It's a fun game, but not a very deep game, so it may get old after a while. Plus, it's one of the more expensive games available.

Quoted from Liakos:

Should I just stop looking at the 100 list.?

It's up to you. It's usually good for getting a general idea about what games might be fun to play or own. But I wouldn't put much stock in a particular game owning a specific position on the list. They sometimes shift around for various reasons, so game position is not an absolute, nor set in stone.

You really don't need to limit yourself to playing just the top 10 games on the list. Most of the games in the top 100 or so are fun to play. There are also some hidden gems below that too.

If you're interested in a particular game, but don't have access to it, you can always look at gameplay videos to get an idea about it.

#17 4 years ago

If you don't know what a game abbreviation is, hover your mouse over the underlined word (or if on a mobile device, tap it).

In this case, ID4 is Independence Day. The ID4 came from the movie abbreviation.

#76 4 years ago
    Quoted from Liakos:

U would think the biggest network place in the world associated with the item you want to buy would give u some guidance....

When you ask a general question, you will get general answers.

If you ask about feedback/opinions on a specific game or games, you'll get a mountain of info.

Quoted from Liakos:

There is no where for me to play games to try them before I buy them...

Where are you located? There might be a distributor or yearly pinball/arcade show that is in your region. Some distributors have a few games available to play, and at a show, you could potentially have dozens or hundreds of games available to play.

Also, as snyper mentioned, the pinball map shows games on locations, as well as Pinsiders who share there location & collection. I've heard that some people sometimes try messaging others Pinsider in their area and ask them about games they're thinking about buying. They might even be willing to invite you over to give the game a try. So, not only could you possibly play the game, but also possibly meet someone who is into the hobby in your area. They might also be able to help guide you to a purchase that you would be happy with.

Quoted from TRC73:

Also, it's safe to say that you can feel good about buying a TNA without ever having played it. It's REALLY awesome, and it gets better with friends.

Well, like I said above, it really depends on the type of player you are and what games you like. Some people really like it, some people don't.

#80 4 years ago

Well, depending on where you are in Canada, there are clusters of collectors around some of the major cities, as well as just over the US border.

I'm in the northeast US, and I know that quite a few Canadians drive down to a number of the US shows here.

This is probably the largest show schedule: https://www.pinballnews.com/site/diary/

And a quick google search pulls up a few shows in Canada: https://www.google.com/search?q=pinball+show+canada

One in Sherwood Park, Alberta in April: https://yegpin.com/

There's one in Ottawa which happens in september, but they had issues with weather/power last year, so it's unclear what the 2019 show plans are: http://www.ottawapinball.com/opgs

Looks like there's a big one in Vancouver in October: https://www.vancouverflipout.com/

Looks like there may be a few others too, but I didn't dig around too much.

#87 4 years ago
    Quoted from stumptown:

It has JJ POTC, LOTR, and IJ in the top 10. No, it is not credible.

I think LOTR and IJ are great games. Both are still fairly popular.

Whenever an IJ appears at a show around here, there is always a line to play it. There's not too many games that actually have a line form for them, other than the newest releases.

I haven't really had much game time on POTC, so I can't speak for that one yet. I'm hoping to be able to put a few games on one at the shows coming up this year.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider forceflow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-pinside-top-100-credible-anymore?tu=forceflow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.