New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 120876)

Is Pingame Journal still in business?

By twinmice

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by poppapin
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

Does anyone still subscribe to the magazine?

#2 5 years ago

I do. But I really don't expect to see any future issues. Maybe Jim will have some info at TPF.

#3 5 years ago

Thanks, I was going to order it, but maybe i will hold off.

#4 5 years ago

Other than the calendars, I don't think I have received an issue for a couple years

#5 5 years ago

Jim told me two weeks ago he is compiling the next issue on his computer. I'm hoping my article makes it...

#6 5 years ago

I want to advertise in it to help support it, but their hasn't been an issue since I ordered an ad. But I can tell you is a great publication. I have offered to help edit, write, take pics etc. the mag is A+ and Jim is good stuff, but it takes a lot of time. Just like everything else in pinball it's a hobby, so people do their pinball business "after work"

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from Billy16:

Jim told me two weeks ago he is compiling the next issue on his computer. I'm hoping my article makes it...

I think I heard that 2 years ago too. He does a great job, and I like the magazine, but I just don't think he can keep up and get them out fast enough before the news gets too old. For the past couple years, it's really just been the Pingame Calendar subscription.

#8 5 years ago

I've been a subscriber since issue #1. Jim is one of the good ones. He got sidelines with the "big C". I hope he is on the road to recovery and the Pingame Journal will ride again.

That said, since issues came out regularly, everything has changed. Hopefully, he can keep us interested in the back story of what's going on in the industry. The day to day info that the PGJ gave us is available in a more timely manner than a magazine can deliver.

Go Jim!

#9 5 years ago

I think Jim recovering from cancer is just a tad more on his list of priorities right now. Granted, maybe a little more communication would be in order, but we really don't know how he is responding to his treatments. Jim is a straight shooter-I'm sure when he's physically & emotionally able to do so, he'll get out the next issue.

#10 5 years ago

This thread is in no way meant to dig into Jim, I was just wondering if the magazine was still being published. I really hope he is getting better and can beat this horrible disease.

2 weeks later
    #11 5 years ago

I heard from Jim a couple of days ago that he is putting together the next issue and should have it done soon--sounds like things are improving!

#12 5 years ago

That's always good to hear!

#13 5 years ago

This just in--the newest edition of PGJ is available at the Texas show and should be out soon! You might even catch my article in it...

#14 5 years ago

That would be great, I miss receiving it in the mail.

#15 5 years ago

Good news about Jim, had the pleasure of meeting and talking to him at the Ohio show a few years ago, my photo made a later issue too. Great to hear another edition of the journal is coming too!

3 weeks later
    #16 5 years ago

Well, now we have the answer, and it is: issue #156 just came out! Not to brag, but my article on D&D Pinball is in this issue (and I thought it turned out pretty cool).

#17 5 years ago
    Quoted from Billy16:

Well, now we have the answer, and it is: issue #156 just came out! Not to brag, but my article on D&D Pinball is in this issue (and I thought it turned out pretty cool).

It did turn out well!! Just got my issue also. Glad to hear Jim is planning on continuing & we should all support his efforts.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 63.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 26.95
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    $ 5,899.99
    Pinball Machine
    Music City Pinball
    € 10.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Creo Pinball
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    £ 99.00
    $ 15.00
    $ 199.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pixels Arcade Games
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Rocket City Pinball
    $ 69.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 199.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 7,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 68.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 139.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 7.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    Lighting - Led
    Comet Pinball
    $ 15.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Bent Mods
    $ 5,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 8.00
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside