(Topic ID: 283493)

Is Pinbits still filling orders? The sequel..

By Saltimbanco

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20210106-223118_Chrome (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Saltimbanco.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

I have written a few times to Pinbits with no response and tried to order some plastics on their website. Has anyone heard from them lately, or been successful when ordering?

Pinbits made some great plastics and cool mods in the past, some of those parts are becoming quite unobtainium.

If you have found the same kind of part from another supplier, e.g. parts that used to be exclusively produced by Pinbits, let us know.

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jediturtle:

That's really a bummer. I hope all is ok with them. Pam was always a pleasure to work with and they made some great plastic protector kits. One of, if not the first ones making them, and they were the only place you could get ones that weren't all the stupid colors that washed out the artwork. And their dress-up kits for the inlane/sling areas for Star Trek and Spiderman are absolutely beautiful and should be considered must-have mods.

I have the Star Trek and the Tron dress-up, just can't find them anymore but agree they are must have plastics. I now have a broken part on Tron and just can't find the equivalent..

2 weeks later
    #16 3 years ago

Tried to email Pam a few times during the last couple of months..how about someone call their phone, they may have some message. Could be they're staying safe during covid..

1 week later
    #24 3 years ago

It's the second time folks on Pinside start a post wondering if Pinbits is still in operation. I'd say they've been given a chance twice too many.

#29 3 years ago

We'll all agree they should have posted a disclaimer and turned off their cart. Operating a business comes with a responsibility to clients.

At least, there's quite a community out there to service the market, and tons of great Pinsiders to help out when needed.

Don't hesitate to post here anything you may still need if you haven't found some form of Pinbits replacement. In the meantime, I would cancel any PayPal transfer you've already made.

#35 3 years ago

To cap this off, just a quick search out of Pinside shows it's not the first time there's been issues with Pinbits. And I didn't even check other forums. Any other company conducting business in such a way would have rapidly been out of customers. There were other posts about this, I just got tired of pasting links..

If Pinbits ever comes back, and Pinsiders are gracious enough to still entrust them with their business, I would insist on receiving a purchase confirmation from them (e.g. not an automated message) before making any kind of payment.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbits-what-happened-to-them

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbits-contact

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-pinbits-still-filling-orders

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-happened-to-pinbits

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbits-not-replying-to-messages

#38 3 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

That depends on what you're looking for. Some products can be bought from other suppliers, but some are currently unique to pinbits.

Well, there's always Pinside's Market (top menu). There's also numerous providers out there, you'll find quite a few active ones on this recent post:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2020-pinside-black-friday-sales-summary

Some on that list, I didn't even know existed!

•••

Pretty sure there are a few posts on Pinside with links, if there's none it would be a good idea to start/maintain such a page, e.g. by type of parts, location, etc.

#43 3 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

I could; but is there really a market?

Depends, would they fit several games if some of the mounting holes are slotted? It's worth checking on the pins I have - Star Trek Prem is one of them, and it feels like the slingers would also fit Shadow, GOT..

3 weeks later
    #48 3 years ago

Last we heard, they were taking a break..but it's been more than a year. Go back up this thread, you'll find links to other providers. You can also post what you're looking for here, stuff that was uniquely made by Pinbits.. you may get help in finding those parts!

#55 3 years ago
    Quoted from mnrocketry:

Back on August 8, I ordered a set of plastic protectors from Pinbits for my Stern Star Trek. I didn't note exactly when I received them, but it was within two weeks of placing the order.
    I'd really like to order a set of their plastic protectors for my Tron, but their web page for that item is broken and is missing the add-to-cart button. I've sent them 5 or 6 emails about it (direct and through their web site) over the past 5 months without any reply.

For Tron plastics (the good ones with fluorescent colors), help may be coming shortly - PM you..

#57 3 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

No, Pinside generally tries to remain neutral and does not typically make any official statements about anyone. However, everyone is free to discuss things amongst themselves.

Hopefully, other providers have started to offer similar type of modded products. Time to move on and take our business elsewhere..

1 week later
    #71 3 years ago

I suggest a few things need to happen asap here, including Pinbits:
    - going over whatever issues they were suppose to correct at one point (like @grbgemen's missing module) and make things right
    - turn off PayPal from taking money
    - reimburse unfulfilled orders
    - put on some 'closed for now' sign on their website

These are the minimum things to do at this point. I think ForceFlow was the closest to actually talking to them, maybe he could steer the owners in actioning those items?

#72 3 years ago

Second, Pinbits was doing well because of their varied and popular offering. And that, even with customers experiencing similar issues in the past (e.g. this is well documented elsewhere on Pinside).

Not putting current ownership on trial here, just saying that their offering was unique in many ways and that their clients were obviously loyal because they kept coming back.

Seems like a well organized team of people could still make Pinbits into the real deal. Maybe it's time to pass the business along, or at least sell off the inventory to another business if they have any left.

#76 3 years ago
    Quoted from miracleman:

Had my post sitting unsent for an hour, finally sent it, and see you already said the same thing

...pinheads' think alike! Lol

I'll give Pinbits a call, you never know!

1 year later
    #91 1 year ago

See post, trying to find out about what happened to Pinbits and some of their great products https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbits-appears-to-be-unresponsive#post-7174569

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Saltimbanco.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-pinbits-still-filling-orders-the-sequel?tu=Saltimbanco and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.