(Topic ID: 283493)

Is Pinbits still filling orders? The sequel..

By Saltimbanco

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20210106-223118_Chrome (resized).jpg
    There are 91 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 3 years ago

I have written a few times to Pinbits with no response and tried to order some plastics on their website. Has anyone heard from them lately, or been successful when ordering?

Pinbits made some great plastics and cool mods in the past, some of those parts are becoming quite unobtainium.

If you have found the same kind of part from another supplier, e.g. parts that used to be exclusively produced by Pinbits, let us know.

#2 3 years ago

Last I heard, they were still fulfilling orders for items that were in stock, but not really taking the time to respond to inquiries.

I think the last time I actually bought anything was probably about a year and a half ago.

#3 3 years ago

I placed an order for a WPC95 blackout mod with them on November 9th. Since then, I've received no confirmation--other than that the payment was sent. I sent Pam an email on December 1st asking when I could expect to receive shipping confirmation and got nothing in response.

I understand things are tough now for a lot of people, so I'm trying to be easygoing, but at the same time, there's no excuse to have ignored a simple email. If I don't hear from them in few more days, I'm going to open a dispute with PayPal.

I'd avoid them.

#4 3 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

I placed an order for a WPC95 blackout mod with them on November 9th. Since then, I've received no confirmation--other than that the payment was sent. I sent Pam an email on December 1st asking when I could expect to receive shipping confirmation and got nothing in response.
    I understand things are tough now for a lot of people, so I'm trying to be easygoing, but at the same time, there's no excuse to have ignored a simple email. If I don't hear from them in few more days, I'm going to open a dispute with PayPal.
    I'd avoid them.

I have a couple of those blackout mods from pinbits I can sell you if they don't end up following through.

#5 3 years ago

I placed an order on 24NOV. I received confirmation from Paypal that they were paid, but when I asked for an update late last week, it went unanswered.

Hoping that they are OK and just temporarily backlogged.

#6 3 years ago

I think they've been "sitting" for quite some time. I tried to ask about an item probably about 2 years ago now, and never got a response. Since then, I've not purchased anything from them. If it's been more than a month and you haven't gotten anything, I would suggest you get your money back.

I always hated when a website stays up, and they're accepting money, but have no intention to fill orders. Just do the right thing and shut it down.

#7 3 years ago

That's really a bummer. I hope all is ok with them. Pam was always a pleasure to work with and they made some great plastic protector kits. One of, if not the first ones making them, and they were the only place you could get ones that weren't all the stupid colors that washed out the artwork. And their dress-up kits for the inlane/sling areas for Star Trek and Spiderman are absolutely beautiful and should be considered must-have mods.

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jediturtle:

That's really a bummer. I hope all is ok with them. Pam was always a pleasure to work with and they made some great plastic protector kits. One of, if not the first ones making them, and they were the only place you could get ones that weren't all the stupid colors that washed out the artwork. And their dress-up kits for the inlane/sling areas for Star Trek and Spiderman are absolutely beautiful and should be considered must-have mods.

I have the Star Trek and the Tron dress-up, just can't find them anymore but agree they are must have plastics. I now have a broken part on Tron and just can't find the equivalent..

#9 3 years ago

Guys - be mindful of the paypal ?30day? refund window.
    If you don't get a tracking number buy then; file a dispute.

I don't understand this as all tbh.
    I make it a point to pack and ship orders then night after I get them. I always include tracking numbers in the paypal entry screen and on my own ecommerce site. It boggles my mind that you guys have the patience to put up with that.

Saltimbanco - is it a pinbits mod for Tron; or something else?
    I have a Laser Cutter here... I could recreate something if you need it. PM me.

#10 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball_Basement:

I have a couple of those blackout mods from pinbits I can sell you if they don't end up following through.

PM Sent

1 week later
    #11 3 years ago

I’m having the same problem. I ordered some Spider-Man parts in mid November and have not heard a word from them. No response to my emails and their voicemail is full. I just initiated a dispute with PayPal, but I’d much rather have the parts (or at least an idea when they will be shipped).

#12 3 years ago

I'm in the same situation, paypal transaction went through but no communication after. I politely emailed a couple of times but no reply.

#13 3 years ago

Rats. I've been trying to buy a CV opto board: https://pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_4&products_id=202

This page is missing the ADD TO CART button, but it's not listed as out of stock.

No responses to their contact page, 2 e-mail addresses I found, & their phone # voicemail is full. :[

Anybody have a spare CV auto opto board? =D

Thanks,
    -Jason

Added over 3 years ago:

PS: to be clear, it's only pinball--my games are fine--more importantly, I hope they are doing well!

#14 3 years ago

I paid for an order back in Nov. and it went through on PayPal, after a month I emailed to cancel the order for a refund and got no reply. Presently waiting for an answer on my dispute via PayPal. Crappy way to do business!

#15 3 years ago

Does anyone have a personal connection with them? I'm getting a little concerned that something might be wrong

#16 3 years ago

Tried to email Pam a few times during the last couple of months..how about someone call their phone, they may have some message. Could be they're staying safe during covid..

#17 3 years ago

In this day and age, regardless of the virus, this is a very disrespectful way to conduct business if not just down right stupid.

If you do not have the time to communicate properly with your clients, you should not have any. Hell I was talking to clients yesterday and it was Christmas Eve.

Communication is key and unfortunately many folks who are in business have no idea how to do it. You may be good at what you do but if you cannot interface well with the folks writing you checks, they will soon stop issuing them.

And should!!

1 week later
    #18 3 years ago

I placed an order on November 24, and have sent 2 emails - neither of which has been answered.

#19 3 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Does anyone have a personal connection with them? I'm getting a little concerned that something might be wrong

Let me reach out to some mutual friends

#20 3 years ago

Any update on Pinbits? I want to make an order but want to make sure they are up and operational first.

Quoted from dsuperbee:

Let me reach out to some mutual friends

#21 3 years ago
    Quoted from Ecw0930:

Any update on Pinbits? I want to make an order but want to make sure they are up and operational first.

Pam and Martin are OK. They are taking a break and should be back shortly.

I don't really know them personally, but a mutual friend shared the information with me.

#22 3 years ago
    Quoted from dsuperbee:

Pam and Martin are OK. They are taking a break and should be back shortly.

Wow; a break - but the website is still taking orders?

#23 3 years ago

If that's the case, why didn't they disable the cart and/or put up a message on the site instead of leaving everyone guessing?

#24 3 years ago

It's the second time folks on Pinside start a post wondering if Pinbits is still in operation. I'd say they've been given a chance twice too many.

#25 3 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

If that's the case, why didn't they disable the cart and/or put up a message on the site instead of leaving everyone guessing?

+1

Please, open communication is key!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How hard is it to put a message on the web site or send an email??????? It costs a few electrons...

#26 3 years ago

I am also currently waiting for an order. Given what it took to get my order earlier this year, I figured it would be awhile.

They are nice people, but sometimes nice people aren't business types.

This strikes me as that.

#27 3 years ago

I'm more than happy to fill in on all the williams boards I can. Just let me know which board you need and I'll see if I can get it added to the store.

I'll look into the CV opto board.

#28 3 years ago
    Quoted from Nysbadmk8:

They are nice people, but sometimes nice people aren't business types.

They are nice people. And a bit older. Hopeful health issues aren't the cause of all this.

LTG : )

#29 3 years ago

We'll all agree they should have posted a disclaimer and turned off their cart. Operating a business comes with a responsibility to clients.

At least, there's quite a community out there to service the market, and tons of great Pinsiders to help out when needed.

Don't hesitate to post here anything you may still need if you haven't found some form of Pinbits replacement. In the meantime, I would cancel any PayPal transfer you've already made.

#30 3 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

I don't know. I reached out to a mutual friend and posted what he told me.

Next time I won't bother.

#31 3 years ago
    Quoted from dsuperbee:

I wouldn't take it personal... but get where you are coming from.
    I think most of us are just dumbfounded - I know I am.
    Thanks for the effort you did; I'm sure many here are grateful for the confirmation that they aren't left wondering.
    I'm hopeful that pinbits will have their paypal account frozen to end the suffering of the costumers. That said; I'm ot sure I have faith in Paypal doing much.

#32 3 years ago
    Quoted from dsuperbee:

It's not you--I appreciate the follow-up. It's pretty much like Zitt said:

Quoted from Zitt:

I think most of us are just dumbfounded - I know I am.

#33 3 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

It's not you--I appreciate the follow-up. It's pretty much like Zitt said:

Pinbits has 539 items in their store. As someone with less then 30 prodicts, it is hard to coordinate and plan for so many different items. More so when they deal with plastics, stainless steel, electronics, and other stuff.

They got burned out and it makes sense

#34 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball_Basement:

Pinbits has 539 items in their store. As someone with less then 30 prodicts, it is hard to coordinate and plan for so many different items. More so when they deal with plastics, stainless steel, electronics, and other stuff.
    They got burned out and it makes sense

Nobody says they *have* to stock that may products. In fact, many of those items are marked as "sold out".

#35 3 years ago

To cap this off, just a quick search out of Pinside shows it's not the first time there's been issues with Pinbits. And I didn't even check other forums. Any other company conducting business in such a way would have rapidly been out of customers. There were other posts about this, I just got tired of pasting links..

If Pinbits ever comes back, and Pinsiders are gracious enough to still entrust them with their business, I would insist on receiving a purchase confirmation from them (e.g. not an automated message) before making any kind of payment.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbits-what-happened-to-them

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbits-contact

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-pinbits-still-filling-orders

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-happened-to-pinbits

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbits-not-replying-to-messages

#36 3 years ago

For future reference, is there a recommendation for a supplier of a comparable alternative? (Looking ahead, just in case...)

#37 3 years ago
    Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

For future reference, is there a recommendation for a supplier of a comparable alternative? (Looking ahead, just in case...)

That depends on what you're looking for. Some products can be bought from other suppliers, but some are currently unique to pinbits.

#38 3 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

That depends on what you're looking for. Some products can be bought from other suppliers, but some are currently unique to pinbits.

Well, there's always Pinside's Market (top menu). There's also numerous providers out there, you'll find quite a few active ones on this recent post:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2020-pinside-black-friday-sales-summary

Some on that list, I didn't even know existed!

•••

Pretty sure there are a few posts on Pinside with links, if there's none it would be a good idea to start/maintain such a page, e.g. by type of parts, location, etc.

#39 3 years ago
    Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Pretty sure there are a few posts on Pinside with links, if there's none it would be a good idea to start/maintain such a page, e.g. by type of parts, location, etc.

https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Pinball_Parts_Suppliers

#40 3 years ago

Can anyone make, or point to someone that can make, these?

https://pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_77&products_id=589

Screenshot_20210106-223118_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210106-223118_Chrome (resized).jpg
    #41 3 years ago
    Quoted from Ecw0930:

Can anyone make, or point to someone that can make, these?

I could; but is there really a market?

#43 3 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

Depends, would they fit several games if some of the mounting holes are slotted? It's worth checking on the pins I have - Star Trek Prem is one of them, and it feels like the slingers would also fit Shadow, GOT..

#44 3 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

I'm in the market. .

It's really the one thing left that I want that is easy to install, that would be a good visual difference because it's right at the flippers, and not expensive.

#45 3 years ago
    Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Depends, would they fit several games if some of the mounting holes are slotted? It's worth checking on the pins I have - Star Trek Prem is one of them, and it feels like the slingers would also fit Shadow, GOT..

Deadpool? Guardians?

That's a good thought ... if they are multi game - able.

2 weeks later
    #46 3 years ago

Sooo, are they gone for good? I found this thread after not getting any reply from them for weeks. Seems like bad business considering the store is open and you can put in orders. I purchased some pinbits but zero response

#47 3 years ago
    Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Sooo, are they gone for good? I found this thread after not getting any reply from them for weeks. Seems like bad business considering the store is open and you can put in orders. I purchased some pinbits but zero response

Same situation here.

#48 3 years ago

Last we heard, they were taking a break..but it's been more than a year. Go back up this thread, you'll find links to other providers. You can also post what you're looking for here, stuff that was uniquely made by Pinbits.. you may get help in finding those parts!

#49 3 years ago

I've sent multiple emails, from the website, to see if they are in business. No reply at all.

Shame, their protectors were the absolute best. They were a little larger than the plastic which I feel protects the plastic better. I bought some from the company that makes playfield protectors (in Germany I think) and those are the same width as the plastic. Not happy with that.

Any other companies making plastic protectors?

#50 3 years ago

Back on August 8, I ordered a set of plastic protectors from Pinbits for my Stern Star Trek. I didn't note exactly when I received them, but it was within two weeks of placing the order.

I'd really like to order a set of their plastic protectors for my Tron, but their web page for that item is broken and is missing the add-to-cart button. I've sent them 5 or 6 emails about it (direct and through their web site) over the past 5 months without any reply.

There are 91 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-pinbits-still-filling-orders-the-sequel/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.