(Topic ID: 50222)

Is Pinball your only hobby?

By littlecammi

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2841_1052144668808_410910_n.jpg
    2841_1052144508804_1106039_n.jpg
    462605_5001119790718_1996104626_o.jpg
    1d184992d0ea61543e4b1c517b2269c3_larg.jpeg
    wpid-IMG_20130504_123406.jpeg
    IMG_0184.JPG
    pinball_guns.jpg
    BRP_&_West_Virginia_2003_040.jpg
    CT70.JPG
    R1150_GS_Adventure.JPG
    Brian_s_GS_Adventure.jpg
    308203cc-6fa5-4965-8eb7-d1509366108f.jpg
    2010_TO_2012_553.JPG
    46e0f8c62ca0d73f35e3c96d886875c2.jpg
    33bc94e1d35ae10750ed30a4b075eef8.jpg
    My_Harley.jpg
    There are 149 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 10 years ago

Pinball is my main hobby. I've been tempted tosell a game or two to help fund parts for my latest acquisition.

#52 10 years ago

Doc I HAVE to talk to you about Nixie clocks. I just discovered them recently and I desperately need to make or buy one. When I have more time can I shoot you a PM?

#53 10 years ago

Pinball is my main hobby. I've been tempted tosell a game or two to help fund parts for my latest acquisition.

#54 10 years ago

Pinball is my new hobby. I enjoy filmmaking,music,movies,hiking,jogging and photography and travel.

#55 10 years ago

Right now it is my number 1 hobby. I like it because I can do it when it is snowing and raining, it satisfies my tinkering need, the wife, kid, mom and dad like it, and it is fun.
    To answer your updated question, right now I am selling other stuff to fund my pins. But I would sell some to fund other things, if necessary.

#56 10 years ago
    Quoted from SealClubber:

But I would sell some to fund other things, if necessary.

I'm, appearently, only saving half the usual pinball funds to fund some like umm...what do you call it...stupid worthless stone on a ring for someone round here. Dumb ring....or a sweet pin?!!? seems obvious to me.

#57 10 years ago

Besides pinball I do home theater, video games, coin collecting, cars, and sports. Have been rotating out of pinball slowly over the past year or two, the prices on the new machines have basically made the hobby too expensive to keep up with (not that I couldn't afford the new games, it's more about the fact that $7k is ridiculous for a new game that was $4k 5 years ago). My son has been getting into coins, so I've been trying to help him do that over the past couple months.

Hopefully at some point the prices crash and I can justify the cost again...anything over $6k just seems like too much when you can literally buy a classic car for that same amount.

#58 10 years ago

In order

Family
    Work
    Friends
    Pinball
    Guitar
    Guns

#59 10 years ago

and music

P1010409.JPGP1010409.JPG

#60 10 years ago

Summer: Amusement Parks & Roller Coasters - Season Passholder for Six Flags (Gold Season Pass) and Cedar Fair Parks (Platinum Season Pass)

Winter: Snow Skiing-Downhill - Season Passholder - Blue Mountain, Pennsylvania (30 minutes from home)

#61 10 years ago

Surfing for me all year round

#62 10 years ago

After seeing what people's houses look like I'm not surprised at the extent and expense of some of these hobbies

I roast coffee and I'm a jazz drummer.

#63 10 years ago

Pinball and knocking over banks.

#64 10 years ago

Yes.

#65 10 years ago

Pinball
    Automatic Watches
    Movies
    PS3/Vita
    Handguns (Used to shoot competitively)
    Motorcycles (Formerly)
    Astronomy (Formerly)
    Scuba (Formerly)

#67 10 years ago

Depends on how you define other hobbies, but I enjoy video games as much as pinball and play / collect them too. I also collect cards to an extent, books on theme parks / Disney, Indiana Jones Adventure memorabilia, Ghostbusters toys and Peanuts. Amazingly, most of this doesn't take up that much space

What I would definite my hobby as though is that I love to search out new things and get the "thrill of discovery" or the thrill of purchase or something like that. Knowing that can be dangerous, I started an internet business with a friend (the GOAT Store) years ago that allows me to satisfy the thrill of the hunt with one of my favorite hobbies (video game collecting), while also tempering just what I feel like I actually need to keep.

The latest thing that I'm into collecting has been the best for my bottom line - I started scrimping and saving a couple years ago to invest in the stock market. I enjoy the same thrill of the hunt that I get when I buy things, but if I do my research I generally gain money as a result, and I don't have anything to store

#68 10 years ago

I now realize how poor I am

#69 10 years ago

Vintage trail bikes.

PAK_JAK2.jpgPAK_JAK2.jpg 100_0761.jpg100_0761.jpg

#71 10 years ago

Crossfit
    Stocks
    Arcade games
    Sports memorabilia
    Fantasy footlball

#72 10 years ago

Pinball, all year round
    Ford Mustangs, when the roads are clear of that white icy stuff outside.

#73 10 years ago
    Quoted from kidpinballwizard:

i can sense sarcasticness from a mile away!

Oh really! Thats amazing!

#74 10 years ago

I like to:
    Brew beer (and drink it too!)
    Play Go
    Ski
    Play ice hockey
    Keeps me busy.

#75 10 years ago

7 Guitars

and my band is recording our second EP in June!

I want to get into pressing shirts as well.

#76 10 years ago

Pinball
    Cooking
    Video games
    Cars
    Collecting haunted mansion (ride only) art
    Disneyland
    Movies
    Music

#77 10 years ago
    Quoted from BALL_LESS1:

Vintage trail bikes.

cool man!

#78 10 years ago

Flying my Cessna 172 if the weather is not too bad.

Rains too much here!

#79 10 years ago

My first love is restoring muscle cars when I have the funds to do so. Second would be pinball which is a slightly less expensive hobby. I also like watching old movies from the 40s and 50s though that is not really a hobby. I'm also a die hard Angels fan.

#80 10 years ago

Nope! Love messing with the old 2 stroke Rotax Seadoo's.

#81 10 years ago

Hobby? This is a lifestyle choice!

#82 10 years ago

I'm a vintage and rare drum collector. I've been heavily schooled in percussion all my life (piano, drums, vibraphone, organ, etc...). Also, you can't name a Rush song that I can't play.

#83 10 years ago

Long time diehard slalom waterskier.
    I also rescue older Labs.

#84 10 years ago

In addition to pinball I play ice hockey for a local mens league team.

#85 10 years ago

Home brew. And it's about time to start a new batch!

#86 10 years ago

My Hobbies:
    1. Spending time with family
    2. Pinball collecting
    3. Motorcycles-Road and Dirt
    4. Fishing-Fly and Bass and Walleye-Occasional Deep Sea
    5. Scuba Diving exotic locations-my last dive was in Kona at night with 16-20' eagle rays feeding. My next dive is in Belize-we are going to dive with giant whale sharks during full moon.
    6. Frisbee Golf
    7. Camping
    8. Paddle boarding-new hobby
    9. Garage Sales/Estate Sales-Or as I call it-Treasure Hunting
    10. Mountain Biking
    11. Snowboarding
    12. Home Improvement and Construction
    13. Playing music with production synthesizer keyboard and percussion-conga's, bongo's, djembe, timbales, and steel drums.
    14. Listening and going to see music and various artist.

In the Winter I tend to have a lot more time for pinball. In the Summer I am going a 100mph-so I get in what I can. Here is a picture of my new Harley. Having a Harley is almost as bad as owning a pinball machine. Every time you go to the store or on-line you see something you want for it. I am modding my Harley-LOL

My_Harley.jpgMy_Harley.jpg

#87 10 years ago

Gotta say I've had more fun with pinball but sometimes I get burned
    out (or run out of space) and revert to my other hobbies;

classic British sports cars, some American classics too
    antique and wireless (pre 1920's) radio...hence the avatar...
    classic video games
    hit and miss engines
    designing & building tiny homes (120 sq ft or less)
    ham radio

Not in any particular order
    Steve

#88 10 years ago

Other hobbies include skinny skiing and going to bullfights on acid.

But when the wife and kids are around it's all about boating, pinball and our saltwater reef tank.

#89 10 years ago

Dirt bikes , jet sking, and ice hockey. I play hockey the most right now.

#90 10 years ago
    Quoted from Ranhorton:

Other hobbies include skinny skiing and going to bullfights on acid.

Nice Caddy Shack reference! Is that you Lacy Underalls?

Quoted from littlecammi:

Besides a 1987 Pontiac Fiero GT as my daily driver, I have collected 4 "hobby"cars:
    1996 Mustang SVT Cobra, 2001 Mustang SVT Cobra, 2008 Shelby GT500, 2013 Camaro ZL1

I have 15 pinball machines and 2 linked Cruis'n Exotica video games. The 12 pins that fit in my gameroom are my personal favorites. Adding a new game would mean bumping one of them.

I have 9 electric guitars, bass guitar, three Fender amps, and assorted keyboard synthesizer and recording gear that I use to play and record my own jazz-rock instrumental compositions.

I have an 80" flatscreen TV with surround sound system wired through the walls and a collection of over 1500 movies (and growing) in various video formats (from BR to DVD to VHS).

It's things like this that make me wish I was more motivated in life. Meh, think I'll just have another drink.

#91 10 years ago

-Dynamite handfishing
    -Half storey parachuteless basejumping
    -Faberge egg toss
    -Squirrel wrangling
    -Kraft Dinner
    -Molson Canadian

#92 10 years ago

Why no bowlers? I know I thought about it, but bowling is tre expensive! $80-$100 for my family to bowl for less than an hour iirc. maybe more, and of course that's without concessions.

#93 10 years ago

Anyone else here part of the drinking club with a running problem?

#94 10 years ago

Right now I'm collecting dust.

#95 10 years ago

Pinball, arcades, musical instruments, art, music.

#96 10 years ago
    Quoted from accidental:

After seeing what people's houses look like I'm not surprised at the extent and expense of some of these hobbies
    I roast coffee and I'm a jazz drummer.

You win the award for damn coolest response at a party to, "So, what do you do?"

#97 10 years ago
    Quoted from rommy:

Why no bowlers? I know I thought about it, but bowling is tre expensive! $80-$100 for my family to bowl for less than an hour iirc. maybe more, and of course that's without concessions.

I bowled back in the day. Have two 300 games. Just lost interest for a number of reasons. Was always happy when bowling was done so I could go play pinball.

#98 10 years ago

Fishing baseball and flying.

33bc94e1d35ae10750ed30a4b075eef8.jpg33bc94e1d35ae10750ed30a4b075eef8.jpg 46e0f8c62ca0d73f35e3c96d886875c2.jpg46e0f8c62ca0d73f35e3c96d886875c2.jpg

#99 10 years ago
    Quoted from dsuperbee:

Collecting haunted mansion (ride only) art

Wow, now are we talking advertising, or the old paper machie', etc. stuff that actually WAS the haunted house ride?.................pm me, that sounds way cool, love the old spook rides!!!

#100 10 years ago

Used to be HUGE into collecting comics- mainly Marvel books. Still have some.

Now just pinball mainly.

I guess reading/posting on pinball forums would be in a different category as owning and playing pinball, or maybe it is in the same category, but just a different aspect of it.

There are 149 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-pinball-your-only-hobby/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.