(Topic ID: 235623)

Is Pinball Resource only place to get ASWA-2023 switch w/ fishpaper?

By swampwiz

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by jeffc
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

I just did a big order at The Pinball Resource, and while I had gotten 2 pair of these for my Bally's, I have just noticed that my Game Plan (Old Coney Island!) needs a pair as new as well , and they seem to be exactly the same as the Bally part. Now I could just get this again from The Pinball Resource, but whenever I need two parts such that one of them is not carried (or OOS) by The Pinball Resource but is carried elsewhere, and that elsewhere place carries both parts, I simply get them at that elsewhere place; this is done simply to avoid paying for shipping twice, even if the price elsewhere is a little more.

Anyway, this will be on my next tranche of part purchases, and I like to keep a list of all possible places I could get a part to be able to have the maximum latitude on the purchasing. Unfortunately, it appears that only the part from the Pinball Resource comes with the fishpaper in the middle - and this fishpaper is a wide piece with a hole in the middle, and so I don't want to "roll my own"; the other places I have looked around at seem to have this part without the fishpaper.

Here is the picture from The Pinball Resource:

http://www.pbresource.com/rebuildk/bly-aswa2023+.jpg

EDIT: It seems that I have put this into the Electromechanical forum, when it should have gone in the Early Solid-State one. That said, this is a part that is used on the Bally EMs.

#3 5 years ago
    Quoted from swampwiz:

I just did a big order at The Pinball Resource, and while I had gotten 2 pair of these for my Bally's, I have just noticed that my Game Plan (Old Coney Island!) needs a pair as new as well , and they seem to be exactly the same as the Bally part. Now I could just get this again from The Pinball Resource, but whenever I need two parts such that one of them is not carried (or OOS) by The Pinball Resource but is carried elsewhere, and that elsewhere place carries both parts, I simply get them at that elsewhere place; this is done simply to avoid paying for shipping twice, even if the price elsewhere is a little more.
    Anyway, this will be on my next tranche of part purchases, and I like to keep a list of all possible places I could get a part to be able to have the maximum latitude on the purchasing. Unfortunately, it appears that only the part from the Pinball Resource comes with the fishpaper in the middle - and this fishpaper is a wide piece with a hole in the middle, and so I don't want to "roll my own"; the other places I have looked around at seem to have this part without the fishpaper.
    Here is the picture from The Pinball Resource:
    http://www.pbresource.com/rebuildk/bly-aswa2023+.jpg
    EDIT: It seems that I have put this into the Electromechanical forum, when it should have gone in the Early Solid-State one. That said, this is a part that is used on the Bally EMs.

what page had this?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-pinball-resource-only-place-to-get-aswa-2023-switch-w-fishpaper?hl=howardr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.