Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 112 posts
  • 65 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by pinballboy
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

mando.gif
    E28B9636-EEAF-4B83-9666-B5ECA2C2DFA7 (resized).jpeg
    90111B4C-204B-4D22-9346-3C7F0B2A0148 (resized).jpeg
    6 pins Jan2023 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinfidel.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 1 year ago

Most definitely.

More and more pinball places are opening up all around the country with a whole new pricing structure for playing. Instead of having to dump endless dollars or quarters into the machines non stop, you simply pay an entrance fee and everything is set to free play. Play as much as you want for 1 flat fee.

You go into these places and many of them are loaded with families and kids. And they are just amazed and totally blown away by all the new technology. The LED screens and backglasses and all the bright LED lights all over the playfield. They're amazed! So it's definitely growing in popularity.

More people are also going to pinball shows too. Which is another awesome way to expose new people to the hobby and show them that they can actually purchase machines and shows them the prices for them.

That's my honest opinion anyway.

#73 1 year ago
    Quoted from TimBoch:

3M command strips replaced the original folded electrical tape. Finally completed my STTNG cast with a custom painted and one of a kind Dr. Crusher.[quoted image][quoted image]

Quoted from mrm_4:

That’s an easy $3k in “rare mods” to add to your sale price of the machine

NOOOOOO!!! YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO LEAVE THEM ALL IN THEIR UNOPENED BOXES! Lol

#74 1 year ago

My 16 y/o daughter's boyfriend's (God I hate saying that) parents came over our house about 4 months ago for the 1st time. They walk into the game room and their jaws hit the floor.

I'VE ALWAYS WANTED PINBALL MACHINES! EVER SINCE I WAS A KID! I HAD NO IDEA THEY WERE STILL BEING MADE! WHERE DID YOU GET THESE!?

I gave him the generic... Oh, you can find them on Craigslist, Ebay and a few sites out there.

Fast forward to last night, I got my GnR LE all set up and the boyfriend sends his dad a few videos. Later that evening as he's saying goodbye I get, "What's the website you use to find your machines? My dad wants to know."

Now I know this guy is serious and not just nostalgic. He's got money, so he'll be buying a few machines.

This was the point I made on page 1 of this thread. There are tons of people out there who don't even know pinball machines are still being made. And when they see all the RGB LEDs and the video screens and the under cabinet lights popping off, they go nuts!

So I definitely believe pinball is making a huge resurgence. People just have to see the machines that have been made over the last 10 years with all of their technology.

Can you imagine what pinball machines will have in them for technology and gimmicks and toys and interact ability 25 years from now?

Yeah, this hobby isn't going anywhere.

1 week later
    #105 1 year ago
    Quoted from jawjaw:

lol. I wonder if you ever get used to your daughter dating. That's a cool story. Does he know how much games like that cost?

Just saw this.

No, he does not know the games cost. I didn't tell him. Easy enough to find out anyway.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinfidel.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-pinball-making-a-come-back-in-popularity?tu=pinfidel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.