Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 112 posts
  • 65 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by pinballboy
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

mando.gif
    E28B9636-EEAF-4B83-9666-B5ECA2C2DFA7 (resized).jpeg
    90111B4C-204B-4D22-9346-3C7F0B2A0148 (resized).jpeg
    6 pins Jan2023 (resized).jpg

There are 112 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinballboy:

I am 14 years old and have been into the hobby for 3 years now and know how to solder and have restored over 30 machines. In my mind i want to spread the hobby so i have been opening locations with a guy that i work with. I also have been spreading the hobby by going as far as bringing a pinball to school and letting people play it. We have noticed that our machines have been making way more money then they did just 1 year ago. So in the state of California i think pinball has been making a comeback.

Youre 14 and restored over 30 machines between the age of 11-14?
    I thought you’ve owned your Gold Wings for over 25 years?…

#102 1 year ago

Yep, Something does not jive for sure > Bullshit>> https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-gold-wings-15?tu=pinballboy

Quoted from mrm_4:

#103 1 year ago

There was NOWHERE to play pinball on Long Island that I knew of forever. In the last 2 years 3 places have popped up! So.......yeah.

#104 1 year ago

Started just before Williams shut down was worried that parts would be an issue. Broken ramps used to be an issue. My Tom had a cracked ramp that we epoxied to keep working. The resourcefulness
    of the pinball community coupled with technology and 3d printing soon answered the issue. Every 10 years I think prices can’t get much higher and yet they do. I see more new faces at tournaments. 4-5 just at last weeks State finals My annual tournament had 78 players highest count ever! So I’m still riding the wave amazed at how far it’s come. Keep on flipping.

#105 1 year ago
    Quoted from jawjaw:

lol. I wonder if you ever get used to your daughter dating. That's a cool story. Does he know how much games like that cost?

Just saw this.

No, he does not know the games cost. I didn't tell him. Easy enough to find out anyway.

#106 1 year ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

Congrats on Stars. Awesome game. Chasing those 100k bonus shots never gets old.

Thanks, we really are enjoying it. Sure feels like a gateway drug, but not sure where I am going to find the room for more.

#107 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

What's an "in budget" LW3 going for these days?

So he complains about all the pricing threads then asks about the price.

Got to love it...

#108 1 year ago
    Quoted from mrm_4:

And is going to school AND opening locations with a guy he works with?

I didnt want to shit on a 14 year old kid yesterday so I bit my tongue........

#109 1 year ago
    Quoted from mrm_4:

Well yeah my family has owned it for over 25 years.

#110 1 year ago
    Quoted from timab2000:

So he complains about all the pricing threads then asks about the price.
    Got to love it...

Yeah I have a well-documented record of complaining about price check threads. You got me.

#111 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinballboy:

Well yeah my family has owned it for over 25 years.

Is this one of those "I identify this way so thats how you have to also identify me" situations?

#112 1 year ago
    Quoted from mrm_4:

Is this one of those "I identify this way so thats how you have to also identify me" situations?

No?

There are 112 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-pinball-making-a-come-back-in-popularity/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.