(Topic ID: 256331)

Is Pinball Arcade still releasing games?

By Kingpin22

3 months ago

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 89 days ago by iloveplywood
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 months ago

I know they lost the Williams and Bally tables but what about the new Stern, classic Sterns and Gottlieb titles? I love this format and we haven't seen anything new in over a year and 1/2. I thought we were going to get digital versions of the new Stern games like BKSOR, BM66, GOTG, SW, DP etc.....

#2 3 months ago

I'm guessing there isn't enough money in it anymore to keep building tables. Wish they would though as I enjoy it for what it is.

#3 3 months ago

We'll see if that Toyshock deal gives them a bump in revenue...

Sure I get it sucks they had the rug swept out from under them... But, if they didn't see the non-renewal coming, that is kind of on them for not being pro-active and starting the communication channels going. And really stupid to keep designing games when your license was about to expire.

But, they act as if they don't have any good titles they could make. Here is the thing about digital pinball you will play games you never would in real life, just because they don't take up space, you haven't played it yet, and its easy to take a chance on them.
    There are plenty of cool early solid state and alpha numeric games for them to design.
    They had the stern license as well, they should try to get on deadpool or something like that.
    And crowd source a stargate fundraiser if they need more money to secure the branding rights. People like that DMD game from Gottlieb.

And while I do hope the whole toyshock digital pinball thing works out, and maybe better commercial models come out of it eventually, I still would like new tables for my ps4 to play.
    Maybe they focus more on EMs. But, I really feel like they got kicked in the teeth and then they just shut down.

If it was my business, I'd fight and I'd promote. And I'd tell my fans. We're not giving up. We're going to take the games that we have teh licenses for and we're going to make the best digital pinball out there, and build up our library to once again be the best in town.
    But, them going silent like they have... Its a death kiss for a business.

#4 3 months ago

They F'd themselves by promising cabinet support & not following through

#5 89 days ago

They've been working on a bowling game the last year or so and it just released last month.

http://probowling.com/

No idea what they're doing with the Stern license. I do wish they'd get back to pinball though. Between Stern and Gottlieb, there's dozens of cool tables yet to make. And with Zen covering Bally/Williams, we'd be rolling in digital pins.

#6 89 days ago
    Quoted from Kingpin22:

Is Pinball Arcade still releasing games?

Development on new pinball titles seems to have stalled. Even though they don't have the Bally/Williams license, there are plenty of decent Gottlieb tables left.

All the facebook post comments and discussion threads I've seen on their forums have people begging for new tables.

I suspect the combination of a couple of key staff leaving/retiring followed by the loss of the Bally/Williams license kind of took the wind out of their sails.

Quoted from VALIS666:

They've been working on a bowling game the last year or so and it just released last month.

http://probowling.com/

They released that previously a few years ago, but judging from the screenshots, there have been a few additions to it since then.

#7 89 days ago

TPA plays way better than Zen IMO.
    would love to see them drop a couple of titles for XMAS 2019?

#8 89 days ago
    Quoted from oldskool1969:

Still can't believe they did 7 seasons and didn't make Joker Poker.

#9 89 days ago

Pinball Arcade is what got me back into pinball after 30 years. It didn't seem to be run very well and never fixed some issues but the best around. I looked at the VD cab and didn't like the graphics as well or standing up the entire time. I would buy any more pins they come out with.

#10 89 days ago
    Quoted from PW79:

They F'd themselves by promising cabinet support & not following through

And don't forget the promised VR support that never happened.

#11 89 days ago

I would love to see new Sterns in virtual tables along with Joker Poker, Robo Wars, Atlantis, Quick Draw ect...,,

#12 89 days ago

You may never see that so in the meantime you can enjoy all of these games on visual pinball (well not the Stern spike games but every other Stern).

Quoted from Kingpin22:

I would love to see new Sterns in virtual tables along with Joker Poker, Robo Wars, Atlantis, Quick Draw ect...,,

#13 89 days ago
    Quoted from oldskool1969:

Have you played the Zen versions with the correct physics? It's pretty easy to accidentally play with the Zen physics (Which are worse than TPA's) and not the more realistic physics.

#14 89 days ago
    Quoted from MrMikeman:

And don't forget the promised VR support that never happened.

The did make Stern Pinball in VR and it's pretty fun -- though far from perfect. Some tables play a lot better than others. Star Trek is really fun and not too easy and ACDC is enjoyable as well (Ghostbusters plays way too easy in VR). I'd pay $20 a table for well done VR conversions but I think I'm in a super small minority here.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 15.00
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Haus
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball USA
    $ 7.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 39.95
    Playfield - Other
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 27.50
    $ 7,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 9.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 210.00
    Playfields
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    £ 55.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Lighting - Led
    TheDudeMods
    $ 209.99

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside