(Topic ID: 11267)

Is PHOF a mandatory visit while in Vegas......

By iceman44

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 33 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by kwiKimart
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Old-school.jpg
    TSPP-RBION.jpg
    MonsterBash-CactusCanyon-TSPP.jpg
    fail_monkey_slap.jpg
    #1 12 years ago

Just got back and couldn't break away from group (or wife!) to get over there....I need to plan better next time I go....from past posts it appears to be worth the trip....

OT: Did get to do the Richard Petty Driving Experience at Las Vegas Raceway....it was just ok I thought....although I should have probably done that one first and then Talladega!

That should be on everybody's bucket list, the Talladega drive at 175 mph all the way around the 2.66 mile track was one of the coolest things I've ever done!!! Petty held you down to 140 mph and Las Vegas speedway ain't Talladega..

#2 12 years ago

You post on a pinball forum regularly so clearly you're a pinhead, and the PHOF is one of the biggest public playable collections in the country spanning every generation of pinball.

So yeah, you missed out...Gotta go again I guess!

#3 12 years ago
    Quoted from guymontag451:

You post on a pinball forum regularly so clearly you're a pinhead, and the PHOF is one of the biggest public playable collections in the country spanning every generation of pinball.

So yeah, you missed out...Gotta go again I guess!

+1 on all that.

#4 12 years ago

I'm vacationing in Sedona AZ in May. Definitely plan on making the trek to Vegas.

#5 12 years ago

"Is PHOF a mandatory visit while in Vegas......"

Did the little piggy go "WHEE, WHEE, WHEE!" all the way home?

#6 12 years ago

We hold our hand over our heart when we say the pledge of allegence, we salute an officer when on deck, and yes we visit the PHOF when in Vegas, it's the american way!

#7 12 years ago

it's more fun than the strip. no joke. hope that helps you decide.

#8 12 years ago

Great answers to this point, cannot top those!

#9 12 years ago

For shame for shame iceman. Vegas...PHOF...I will bet you that you wont miss it next trip.

#10 12 years ago

Well that pretty much sums it up.....I'll let my wife stay back and lose money on the slots while I hit the phof!

Another reason to go back to Vegas soon!

Btw, there is a new awesome slot machine for Batman the Dark Knight, really cool and fun!

#11 12 years ago

Hey Ice,
    Come here for a second...

A little closer...

Closer still...

Just a bit more...

*SLAP!!!*

fail_monkey_slap.jpgfail_monkey_slap.jpg
    That's for NOT going to the PHOF!
    "Ya' Wiener!"

#12 12 years ago

Dumbest question EVAR!!!!!!

#13 12 years ago

Ice, I don't believe you. Got my BDK today. You'll have your SM when you get back!

#15 12 years ago

At least you could have had Salma spank me NP!

Doc, tracker says SM is in San Antonio and should get it tomorrow! I'm excited....

Let me know how the BDK is......

#16 12 years ago

I'm down in Vegas for a tradeshow in a couple of weeks and I'm already planning my stay around how many times I can get out to the PHOF. Missed it last time I was there

#17 12 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Is PHOF a mandatory visit while in Vegas......(o

Monetarily--and mathematically speaking--it should actually be one's only visit in LV.

Always best to spend as much time as you can away from the sucker games that built the billion dollar facilities in the first place.

But to directly answer your question, 125 pins: yeah Brother, let the good times roll!

#18 12 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

Hey Ice,
    Come here for a second...

A little closer...

Closer still...

Just a bit more...

*SLAP!!!*

make that a +1

#19 12 years ago

YES, It's a must!!!!

#20 12 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Just got back and couldn't break away from group (or wife!) to get over there

Take the group and the wifes to PHOF !

I went from Europe to Vegas , and i went to PHOF , with the wife .

I played too in the gameroom of the hotel Circus-Circus where i stayed.
    In the gamearea , second floor , by the theater after MacDo , ...there were pinballs machines.In case ..the group prefer to go to the Circus.

#21 12 years ago
    Quoted from NM:

Always best to spend as much time as you can away from the sucker games that built the billion dollar facilities in the first place.

No doubt about that!

Until then I'll have to live with Pinballz arcade in Austin, 130 pins and the top 50.

#22 12 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Pinballz arcade in Austin, 130 pins and the top 50.

I will be there in April Ice...
    Save me a seat, okay? Also, can you give me the top/best three restaurants in Austin por favor?
    Muchas Gracias!

#23 12 years ago

Going in May! We go to play at the Hall of Fame twice a year. Thats the only reason to go to Vegas for us, Forget the strip, and the rigged slots!! The PHoF gets our money! Also we stay at the Riviera also because Tim has put alot of pins there as well.

#24 12 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

best three restaurants in Austin por favor?
    Muchas Gracias!

Chuy's Tex-Mex is a must. ...here's a link to many more: http://www.urbanspoon.com/lb/11/best-restaurants-Austin?

and here's a link to some good places in/near downtown: http://www.urbanspoon.com/n/11/1004/Austin/Downtown-Austin-restaurants

If you're around Lake Travis, you will want to check out 'The Oasis'.

#25 12 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

I will be there in April Ice.

Send me a PM when your in Austin ill meet up at Pinballz.

Chuys +1
    Fonda San Miguel
    Matts El Rancho

Uchi for Sushi

a short drive away but a must for BBQ is the Salt Lick

#26 12 years ago

You dare ask such a question on a pinball forum. You absolutely missed out. I dedicated half of one of my days out there just for the PHOF.

#27 12 years ago

I'm going to make it hurt a little and post a few pics of what you missed. Yea, now you feel even worse. The back lineup is very sweet.

MonsterBash-CactusCanyon-TSPP.jpgMonsterBash-CactusCanyon-TSPP.jpg TSPP-RBION.jpgTSPP-RBION.jpg Old-school.jpgOld-school.jpg

#28 12 years ago

Yep, that makes me feel pretty bad.....

I gave NP

-Chuy's
    -Hula Hut
    -Iron Cactus on 6th
    -Stubbs BBQ

so many!

1 year later
    #29 11 years ago

Just went last weekend for the first time. By far, the best collection of pins in public that I have ever been to.

Played CC, AC/DC, TF for the first time among others. Sadly, Pinball Circus wouldn't load my second ball so I didn't get as much time on that as I wanted.

Great experience and encourage all to visit if you have the chance!

#30 11 years ago

I'll be headed that way next Tuesday for a trade show. Will probably stop by the PHOF that evening for a visit.

#31 11 years ago

I just stopped in last week. I found the games to be in better shape than in the past. Very busy too, on a Monday afternoon. Nice to see.

#32 11 years ago

Is it a mandatory visit?!

Does Howdy Doody have wooden balls?!

#33 11 years ago

I went last September for my 21st, and I LOVED it!!!!!!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-phof-a-mandatory-visit-while-in-vegas and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.