Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 94 posts
  • 34 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by phishrace
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider exflexer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 11 years ago

PAPA's format is pretty solid. Yes you can spend money if you want to attempt qualification a hundred times. But is attempting to qualify multiple of times a bad thing? No. I have played tournaments where you get a couple house balls and your done. Or you play a machine that should have never been placed in a tournament bank because of technical issues and your done. PAPA machines are top notch and are setup for challanging play so qualifying 3 or 4 times is usually needed in order to hone in on the critical shots in the game. The tournament is run really well and there is plenty of staff around for machine/tourney questions. Pinburgh is also a very nice tournament. Bowen and the PAPA staff did an excellent job this year running that tournament but I still prefer the PAPA Championship format. I say fly or drive out. Play the worlds best collection of finely tuned pinball machines. Drink and eat some good food. And go home happy.

#44 11 years ago
    Quoted from phishrace:

For beginners, I recommend attending Pinburgh first. It's less pressure and you'll get to know the facility. Once you have a Pinburgh under your belt, you'll be ready for the real deal.

I dont agree with this statement. Pinburgh is a completely different beast plus the tournament has only been held twice. The only thing you have to know about the facility is where the bathrooms are. Not really sure what you have to get to know about the facility. Make sure to show up early as the place gets packed after 4PM during weekdays and all day on weekend.

1 week later
    #76 11 years ago

The tailgating is awesome. Meet people from all over the world drinking, eating, and having a good time. Game lists are not usually released for the PAPA event. During finals the A bank is completely new but the B and C banks stay the same.

#80 11 years ago

Did you make it to finals?

#81 11 years ago

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider exflexer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-papa-worth-it?tu=exflexer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.