Is "Out of Sight" worth $700?

By Zeusophobia

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

A guy is selling one on craigslist near me. I want it. What should I be looking for when I go to purchase this? He says it's in fully functional unrestored condition.

#2 8 years ago

if the backglass is good it would be worth more here.

#3 8 years ago

Nope. More like $300 unless it's absolutely mint.

#4 8 years ago
Quoted from bjsilverballs:

That you, Frank?

#5 8 years ago

I would pay around $400 - $500 for one in very good condition all around since it needs restored (use that to talk him down - $200 value). Current price guide says a working one in very good condition is worth $550. Getting one with a good backglass is the tough part. If the backglass is pretty bad I would offer even less - they haven't repro'd (screened) that glass and I don't know if bgresto has done one yet. Make sure your playfield doesn't have dry cracking/planking which would reduce the value too.

I've had a Far Out and sold it.

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from bjsilverballs:

where can i get $300 out of sights? ill take a whole container please

#7 8 years ago

If the condition is superb, $700 would be OK. It's a hard title to find without some cosmetic issues. For example, this one is not worth $750:
racine.craigslist.org link

(or even $700)

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

For example, this one is not worth $750

agreed. that poor red in the backglass .. just gone!

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

For example, this one is not worth $750:

Yeah but it's an "Out of site" not "Out of Sight"...

#10 8 years ago

I looked at that one in Racine this past summer. It looks ok in the photos, but it was in horrible condition. The backglass was much, much worse than the photo shows, the playfield was quite bad, the cabinet was falling apart and had been butchered back together with metal straps and bolts. It was maybe ok for parts. I explained very nicely to the lady to seriously consider any offer she got should anybody else come look in the future. It will probably sit in her basement forever. It would play and score some but that was the only redeeming thing about it. It would have taken a different cabinet and a ton of work to make even a rough player out of it.

In short - you have to go look. Photos and descriptions over the phone can be promising and in person can be a whole different story. Only pay what you are comfortable with after looking in person.

#11 8 years ago

$100, you could probably get 200 in parts out of it... I picked up an OuterSpace, rat turds etc, $200. Got my money back for far in parts... lockdown bar 75, chine, $50 etc

#12 8 years ago

Hi
I live in Switzerland (South of Germany) - prices dropped (poor economy) from 2007/8 to "Today" about 30 to 50 %. Far Out is my Number One - (heavily played in the 1970ies) I was happy (2007) I could buy me one for 1500.-- Swiss Francs - +/- Dollars.
In EBay and such: Today pins are offered (partially running) 300 to 500 Swiss Francs. To me the question is "do YOU WANT the pin (because You have played it in Your Youth ?)" It has 10 Drop Down Targets - if you hit the "double-lightet DDT": 2 Bonus AND 5000 Points - a real challenge.
So if You like Gtb's and if You like DDT's and if You Like "Gate, right" and "Ball Return, left": BUY it.
Greetings Rolf

#13 8 years ago

If it turns you on and you dont feel embarrassed with it sitting inside you house, buy it! There are inside quality and garage quality pinball machines. Don't buy the latter.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-out-of-sight-worth-700 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.