(Topic ID: 177483)

How should I disconnect the speakers on my Stargate?

By mystman12

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Benhurr
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpg
#1 7 years ago

I want to record some mechanical sounds on my Stargate to use in the game I'm working on in Future Pinball. So obviously, I need to disconnect the speakers to eliminate buzzing and game noises. So, although I'm pretty sure it's okay, I'm one of those people that needs a solid answer before trying something I'm unsure about. Is it okay for me to play with the speakers, DMD, and etc. unplugged? And where do I disconnect the speakers? (See pic of the two sound board below)

#2 7 years ago

Dmd yes. Speakers can depend on how they're wired together. Probably safer to unplug them at the board than at the speakers...

#3 7 years ago

Here are the two sound boards (Auxiliary Sound on top):

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

I don't know which connectors to remove.

#4 7 years ago

Edit bump. Any help, please? My sister is gone for the weekend so now the house is quiet enough for recording.

#5 7 years ago

Arent there two (2 wire) molex connectors that plug them both in? Its been a bit since Ive opened mine up, but I think that is the case. Those should be the speaker connections. Pull those. With the game off though.

You would also pull those two white connectors on the top board (with the game off) as well I believe.

#6 7 years ago

Chitownpinball Yeah, that's what I initially figured, but then zacaj mentioned:

Quoted from zacaj:

Dmd yes. Speakers can depend on how they're wired together. Probably safer to unplug them at the board than at the speakers...

So I just wanted to make sure I do it properly without damaging anything.

#7 7 years ago

Okay so I just want to clarify, I don't run any risk of damaging my machine with a few things unplugged from the board, correct?

#8 7 years ago

Maybe this is too obvious but can't you just turn the volume all the way down?

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

Probably gets a hum.

OP:

If you unplug those two connectors it's either unplugging the speakers or unplugging the power to the audio board, or both, which gives you your desired result. Should not hurt anything.

#10 7 years ago

spidey That would still produce a buzzing noise. I've actually turned it all the way down before and I could still faintly hear the game as well.

Anyways, I decided to go for it and everything is fine. I disconnected the speakers at the board and right at the speakers just like Chitownpinball pinball said. Also had to disconnect the subwoofer and DMD. Thanks for the help! (And sorry if I was a little annoying...)

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

Like this way...or unpluged the speakers. I didn't realized that i was playing with boomer speaker disconnected without having any trouble.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
3,975 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-okay-to-use-use-my-pin-with-some-things-unplugged?hl=benhurr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.