dogcigar (resized).jpg
cf052cfefc2658a25d939769d32b07bf195da150.jpwaffle (resized).jpg
1556326288062333390879 (resized).jpg
27FF95E6-61C3-455D-9E21-A9833ED83BAE.gif
16979_21115_1 (resized).jpg
DSCN6120 (resized).JPG
20190426_081334 (resized).jpg
66B6FD15-7C73-4304-B33C-E30E1E78CF76.gif

There are 95 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 4 years ago

Its been 4 months now since o-din has been on Pinside and he has deactivated his account. I for one miss his humor and would like to see him come back.

Its time to come back o-din! Forget about whatever it was that happened and get your ass back in here buddy!

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Maybe he is under another name now?

I don't think so. He would be pretty easy to spot i think.

#4 4 years ago

No, I am Sparticus... er wait I meant Odin, yeah Odin, yeah, that’s the ticket...

#5 4 years ago

Firmly in the "who gives a..." category. Life changes, people come and go as you grow up. If you aren't losing friends along the line, you aren't growing up.

#6 4 years ago

I miss his humor as well. I do hope he returns one day.

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Firmly in the "who gives a..." category. Life changes, people come and go as you grow up. If you aren't losing friends along the line, you aren't growing up.

I don’t think you’ve been on pinside long enough to understand what/whom we’ve lost along the way.

#8 4 years ago

I’ll ask him and report back.

Stand by ....

rd

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Stand by ....
rd

While you’re asking, please also get an update on the status of the avocado grove and the backyard remodel!

#10 4 years ago

Poll needs a "No clue." option.

I'd like to see o-din return FWIW.

#11 4 years ago

where is the popcorn option in the poll?

#12 4 years ago

Very very very doubtful under the current climate.

#13 4 years ago

If it was his third voluntary de-activation then he can't come back anyway..... and it might have been.

#14 4 years ago

Wow... 70% of pinsiders dont give a shit

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Wow... 70% of pinsiders dont give a shit

70% of pinsiders only care aboot clown puking their machines, care more aboot modding than playing, and thought Gary Stern invented pinball in 2010.
Thats why he won't be back.

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

70% of pinsiders only care aboot clown puking their machines, care more aboot modding than playing, and thought Gary Stern invented pinball in 2010.

that made me chuckle.

o-din, you do you man.

#17 4 years ago

Boy, he is living rent free in your head.

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

HEY!!!

You’re probably right. If Professor Falken is living his life can we please move on...

66B6FD15-7C73-4304-B33C-E30E1E78CF76.gif66B6FD15-7C73-4304-B33C-E30E1E78CF76.gif
#19 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Very very very doubtful under the current climate.

What's the current climate? Pinside seems as hostile and volatile as ever to me. (granted I've only been a member for a couple years )

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

What's the current climate? Pinside seems as hostile and volatile as ever to me. (granted I've only been a member for a couple years )

Well with troublemakers like yourself?

Correct grammar. Concise point. Short but sweet with a tinge of humor? Yep. Pinside is a toilet and we are all just floaters in it now!

#21 4 years ago

I went down to the old Rainbow sandals factory to see if there were any Odin sightings. I showed them a picture of him with socks on wearing a pair of sandals. They applauded his wearing of socks with sandals stating that more people should as too many people come into the factory with smelly feet. But no sighting. I then went down to 204 beach where he surfed. I showed his photo to life long locals and no one had seen him lately. I then asked if they knew what the 204 marker on the train track was for. Best answer-Dude, it's because its halfway between the 203 mark and the 205 mark. I fully realized that most of my high school friends are great surfers, not scholars. My next thought was to call him. I know he'd answer my call because he's the only person I've met who doesn't have caller ID. But that seems a bit too intrusive, as I wouldn't want someone calling me about something as stupid as not wanting to go back on a website that frustrates me. And by the way, the markers state the mileage from the Barstow Train Station.

#22 4 years ago

But then I got this, so maybe I will check in on him, and then do a review of his work ethic on Yelp.

20190426_081334 (resized).jpg20190426_081334 (resized).jpg
#23 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

If it was his third voluntary de-activation then he can't come back anyway..... and it might have been.

I believe it was his third deactivation.
Pinside closes account and doesn't let you come back.
He would have to either come back under another name and ghost account, or send very long letter to Moderators and Robin.
Unlikely he will return.
Odin and Vid are on route 66 in a hearse traveling cross country.
Realality show to come.

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

I believe it was his third deactivation.
Pinside closes account and doesn't let you come back.
He would have to either come back under another name and ghost account, or send very long letter to Moderators and Robin.
Unlikely he will return.
Odin and Vid are on route 66 in a hearse traveling cross country.
Realality show to come.

And the reality is that there are only so many times you can only throw your toys out of the pram before mommy won't pick them up again

I don't really care what happens but if you keep deactivating, well, what do you expect?

Away from pinside would be happy to play pinball on some of his great old games

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Away from pinside would be happy to play pinball on some of his great old games

Yesterday he installed a Shay backglass (dark background version) in his Williams Rocket. It looks awesome. He's still having fun...
DSCN6120 (resized).JPGDSCN6120 (resized).JPG

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

That's patently false! Gary Stern invented pinball in 1986!

#27 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

pinsiders only care aboot

16979_21115_1 (resized).jpg16979_21115_1 (resized).jpg
#28 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

pinsiders only care aboot

Quoted from RTS:

[quoted image]

I think Odin’s sandals were made for walking too, not just boots...

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Yesterday he installed a Shay backglass (dark background version) in his Williams Rocket. It looks awesome. He's still having fun...
[quoted image]

And still got Frontiersman which is a fantastic game!

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

He's still having fun...

Is he still looking for a Thunderbird?
I think I've found one.......Ask him

#31 4 years ago

Otaku’s posts packed a little more punch.

#32 4 years ago
Quoted from Theo_Ioannis:

In the US? He'd probably be interested if so. Wait and it has to be a Williams Thunderbird. Remember the ruckus that caused?

#33 4 years ago

He completed his perfect collection and thus has no need for forums: Thunderbird, Supreme, and Eager Beaver.

#34 4 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

He completed his perfect collection and thus has no need for forums: Thunderbird, Supreme, and Eager Beaver.

None of those at the moment. Eager Beaver left, I think he is over Supreme and still looking for Williams Thunderbird.

#35 4 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

None of those at the moment. Eager Beaver left, I think he is over Supreme and still looking for Williams Thunderbird.

I was gonna ask if o-din ever got his Supreme. That was his dream game you know.

#36 4 years ago

To heck with supreme. Just ordered the Friday special from Papa Murphy.

#37 4 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

also Sorry to hear his girlfriend left him.

#38 4 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

also Sorry to hear his girlfriend left him.

Eager Beaver is going on location. I'll just leave that alone.

Sounds like he'd consider International shipping.

#39 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Stand by ....
rd

Sorry on the time difference delay ...

Here is what he sent ..

rd

27FF95E6-61C3-455D-9E21-A9833ED83BAE.gif27FF95E6-61C3-455D-9E21-A9833ED83BAE.gif
#40 4 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Eager Beaver is going on location. I'll just leave that alone.

Should do good then, everybody likes to plug an Eager Beaver.

#41 4 years ago

I like jamming things in the slots of Eager Beavers, mostly quarters...

#42 4 years ago

Sometimes people who posted on Pinside 15-30 times a day for several years suddenly stop...

#43 4 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I like jamming things in the slots of Eager Beavers, mostly quarters...

How fast did you get bounced out of that joint? Wait, what are we talking about again?

#44 4 years ago
Quoted from JayDee:

How fast did you get bounced out of that joint? Wait, what are we talking about again?

I’m guessing affordable strip clubs? I’ll bring the rolls of pennies to throw at the girls.

#45 4 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

Sometimes people who posted on Pinside 15-30 times a day for several years suddenly stop...

O-din hired by Stern... CONFIRMED!!!

#46 4 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

O-din hired by Stern... CONFIRMED!!!

Is he overseeing Supreme 2?

#47 4 years ago

Catching a wave?

1556326288062333390879 (resized).jpg1556326288062333390879 (resized).jpg
#48 4 years ago

Odiner is Spicoli and working on

The Fast times sequel

The fact that most don’t care just confirms what a cesspool this place can be

#49 4 years ago

I voted for
“Who gives a shit” because I think he would get a laugh out of that one being on top . He was one of the guys on here that had a good sense of humor . He likes pins of all eras , seems like an interesting man and is someone I would definitely like to hang out with sometime.

#50 4 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

I voted for
“Who gives a shit” because I think he would get a laugh out of that one being on top . He was one of the guys on here that had a good sense of humor . He likes pins of all eras , seems like an interesting man and is someone I would definitely like to hang out with sometime.

O-din is hilarious. Even if he is pissed at the people who run this site i hope that he comes back for the people because a lot of people like him on here. He is also very knowledgeable on pins.

There are 95 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-o-din-gone-forever?hl=jamesmc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.