View topic image gallery

IMG_0195.PNG
P1290001.JPG
P1240057.JPG
P1240060.JPG
P1240063.JPG
P1240055.JPG
P1240053.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dwizz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

Can anyone please help? I tried to do some repairs and as far as I know I soldered everything ok and back the way they were and now my machine's dot matrix is showing two bars on it and the game is just freaking out. In the attached pictures you can see what I soldered. Like an idiot I did all my repairs at once without checking if I did them right. So I replaced a switch on my mini play-field, a new extra ball button assembly and a new solenoid for the ball-lock to the right of the right ramp. The only thing I know I did wrong was disconnect the two connectors to get at the solenoid and was so excited I forgot to reconnect them and turned it on. that's when it had it's melt down. Any Ideas as to where to start trouble shooting? I was thinking disconnect the stuff I soldered and see if that works? And could me turning the game on with the disconnected wires have fried it? This is my only game and is my baby so I am freaking out because it seems like this may be a major problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

P1240053.JPGP1240053.JPG P1240055.JPGP1240055.JPG P1240063.JPGP1240063.JPG P1240060.JPGP1240060.JPG P1240057.JPGP1240057.JPG

#4 11 years ago

Wow thanks so much for the help. Ok the top led is off the middle is flashing and the bottom stays lit. one more weird problem that happened is the auto ball launch is staying open when it launches?

#5 11 years ago

ltg I did connect them and turn it on and still them same thing then I disconnected them and it still was messed up now they are connected and still the same problem. I did just get a multimeter since this happened but am not sure how to test fuses with it. Does the game have to be on and what setting do I turn it to to check it?

#7 11 years ago

Ok thank you I will have to look at some videos to make sure I dont mess up anything else. Thank you for your help.

#11 11 years ago

Ok so I found the fuse that was causing the problem f116 but now it keeps blowing f116 on the power driver board. it seemed when the glass was off and the backbox open it was fine but when I put it back together it would blow the fuse. Does anyone know when that fuse does and why it would keep blowing? I'm stumped? My guess is it's a grounding issue. Is this normal as far as I know this cord has been like this since I have had the machine and it has never been a problem. any idea why someone would cut it?

P1290001.JPGP1290001.JPG

#13 11 years ago

A dead short? I sorry but I'm not sure what a short is? And do you know if that cut ground wire is normal?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#16 11 years ago

Oh I'm sorry I thought you using it as a noun. With the clock not working and the dot matrix out does that narrow it down? also it works with the glass off and the backbox open I have gone through 12 fuses and it only works with those open. what could those possible effect electricaly?

#18 11 years ago

Both the playfield glass and the backbox door open but also if i just put the lockdown bar on and everything else open. But I just used my last of 12 fuses and it blew a fuse with everything open so I'm stumped it just works when it want. but what is weird is when it works I can play it and no problems. I guess I will Make sure all my connectors are in good shape and make sure they are seated.

#24 11 years ago

Thank you for seeing that. I just checked it and it was ok. I think I'm going to undo the soldering I did and see if that solves it. Unless this is all just a huge coincidence that the machine bites it when I do my first repair it has to be something I soldered or left unplugged. What really bothers me is if it is something I "repaired" why is the machine working some of the time?

#28 11 years ago

No it dident blow. when I turned it on it dident do much of any thing, the dot matrix had a splotch of pixels and that's about all it did but the fuse dident blow. I plugged them back in and and turned it on and it worked. well with the play-field glass off and the backbox open

#29 11 years ago

So it looks like its narrowed down to j118 which I think powers the 12v to the playfield optos. Is there an easy way to check them? Can I plug them in when the game is on to be able to see what one blows the fuse or should I power it off first? Has anyone ever had the opto board under the playfield go bad? did it blow fuse f116?

#31 11 years ago

Ok so I will start with the connectors on the board and if I can narrow it down to a connector check what is connected to that. I just cant believe a messed up opto could cause so much trouble. I always thought they just wouldn't work. I cant Imagine what a pain Star trek next gen must be.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lebanon, NJ
$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Toys/Add-ons
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Corona, CA
$ 37.50
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus
Toppers
$ 359.00
Playfield - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Toys/Add-ons
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 14.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 79.50
$ 145.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus
Other
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
Boards
Slap Save Creations
Boards
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 129.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dwizz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-my-twilight-zone-fried?tu=dwizz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.