(Topic ID: 263492)

Is my pinball dolly working correctly?

By PinballGiant

4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider isochronic_frost.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinballGiant:

Picked up an old Wico pinball dolly. I know the shocks go out on these things, but have never used a pinball dolly before. Is this the normal rate of descent or does the dolly drop too fast?

Thanks!

Just had mine rebuilt. That is correct operation. Mine had NO oil in it and that sucker slammed so hard you’d KNOW if it was bad lol.
    Does yours have the two height options?

#4 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinballGiant:

isochronic_frost Thanks for the reply. I'm glad to hear that's how it's supposed to be! Mine isn't the two stage one, it's the earlier model single height option with the rubber wheels. The guy I got it from said he bought it for his route around 1980. Do you use your dolly on modern games? It doesn't really clear the front of my stern and I'm questioning its utility. The modern dollies you can buy new are a couple inches shorter.

My most “modern” game is the 1991 checkpoint so it gets a lot of use in my collection. If you’ve only got new Stern’s then I suppose it may have limited use.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider isochronic_frost.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-my-pinball-dolly-working-correctly?tu=isochronic_frost and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.